Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 09/06/09 (Read 332 times)

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." --- Jim Morrison

Welcome to a new week!  Tallies later - - -

Nono - 32 mi running, 20 min slideboarding, 45 min strength/stretch, 1st day of Kindergarten taught

Erika - 66.7 miles running, 2.5 miles walking (ok, there was some walking in that running total, but I'm keeping it like it is!) A new PR week . Yay!

pfriese - 35 running miles

lyndenrunner - 29.5 miles running, 5 walking and 3 biking

Carol - 3 miles run/walk, 20 min weights, 700 yards swimming

Arla - 50.4 mi running, 24 mi bike, 2 burpee/core workouts

Eliza - ran 5.0; walked 4.5; paddled 6-1/2 hours; untimed kid-wrangling on the beach - not much running, but a lovely end to a lovely summer

dg - 31 miles , 1 hr 50 min. more or less, assorted core work/pt/ etc.

fatozzig - 11 road miles, 16 trail miles, 30 min biking, 1 hr core/whole body strength training + HOURS of moving and lifting furniture, office equipment, and full file boxes

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest ----------------------------------------------------- And a massage!

Tues - 5 miles w/5-10 hill sprints ----------------------- 5 miles w/10 30-sec hill sprints

Wed - 3 miles or 30 min bike; core/strength --------- 35 min cycling; 1.25 hrs upper/lower strength & core

Thurs - 6 miles w/strides ---------------------------------- 6 hilly miles w/strides every 10 min.

Fri - Rest or Core -------------------------------------------- Exercised my option for extra rest

Sat - 22 trail miles ------------------------------------------ 20 tuff trail miles

Sun - 10 miles ----------------------------------------------- 6.6 tired legs road miles

Total: 17.6 road miles, 20 trail miles, 35 min stationary cycling, 1.25 hrs strength/core

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Soul of a clown, eh? Not sure I need a clown to force me to blow it at just the right moment...

So Leslie, you trying the 22 miler again? That's the worst thing about bailing on a long run, you need to reschedule it to another time. That's one of the thoughts that got me to finish that run last Sunday! I did NOT want to have to try it again!

Monday: 2 recovery miles on the TM; 15 minutes of abs/core; .3 mile walk

Tuesday: 6.1 mile run, 8:47 avg pace; .3 mile walk

Wednesday: 9.1 miles with lots of hills, 8:43 avg pace; .3 mile walk

Thursday: 5.5 miles with #4 & 5 each at 7:50 (8:15 avg for the run); .65 mile walk

Friday: 3.7 miles, 8:25 avg pace (too fast for EZ!); .3 mile walk (too many gnats today, ick!)

Saturday: 13 tuff hilly trail miles, 9:55 avg pace; .35 mile walk c/d (no gnats at all! amazing...)

Sunday: 11.1 miles, faster than I thought I'd be at 8:18 avg pace; .55 mile walk

Totals: 50.5 miles running, 2.7 miles walked

More miles than I'd planned, but the first week of taper always looks more like just another cutback week anyway. Next week will be much easier.

Monday - ran 3.0; walked 1.0; got a shout out while running on the boardwalk from someone who'd heard my solo in church yesterday - way kewl

Tuesday - ran 4.5; walked 1.0; drove home from the shore for school tomorrow; only cried a little

Wednesday - rest day, not counting the countless times I walked up and down the 7 steps in my classroom

Thursday - twice as many times up and down the steps;  I'm EXHAUSTED and I have to get tons of stuff done at home and pack for the shore tonight, so rest (I hate it when my job interferes with running!)

Friday - straight from school (left on the minute) to the bay for the most wonderful, fantastic, fabulous sunset paddling adventure; didn't burn tons of calories, but, boy, was it awesome

Saturday - hungover, er, exhausted from the first week back and the post-paddling festivities, so took it easy all day

Sunday - ran 6.0; walked 1.0

Summary:  ran 13.5; walked 3.0; survived the start of the school year and actually want to go back again tomorrow; kicked off Labor Day weekend with a beyond-description-beautiful experience on the bay with my three closest friends; life is good

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Erika - Coach scheduled back-to-back 22/10 mile weekends, then I go down to 20/10 miles, then I think 10/5 before my marathon.  I need this weekend's run to go well, more for mental reasons than anything else.

BTW, what an incredible week of running for you last week!  I signed up for the AR50 in April.  Wanna come run it with me??  And why did I sign up?  A moment of sheer stupidity, I suppose.  I'm scared to death and excited all at the same time.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Wow... 50 miler. Hmmm. Le'me see how this 50k goes first. But Holly roped me into sharing a hotel with her in Boston, so I guess I'm busy in April.

And yes, I can fully understand the mental victory you need from this weekend's planned long run! Good luck with that.

Holly roped me into sharing a hotel with her in Boston, so I guess I'm busy in April.

Excuses, excuses. 

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thanks for the tallies Leslie...BTW I like your blog...

Mon-0

Tue-0

Wed-0

Thur-0

Fri- 30 minutes running (3.75 or so)

Sat-5 miles

Sun-12.5 miles

Total=21.25 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  pfriese

Thanks Leslie,

M - rest day

T - 9.9 miles

W - 5.6 miles

Th - 7.8 miles

F - rest day

Sa - 19.2 miles

Su - 5.2 miles

Total - 48 miles - Done

Paul

Thanks for the tallies Leslie...BTW I like your blog...

Thanks, Gordon.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dg.

I'm late again.     well, I've just gotten at least what I remember added to my log.    the last 2 weeks have been a mess, training & other wise.  I'll try again this week.        thanks Leslie!

I usually start this plan on Tuesday, but this week bumped it up to Monday because I missed a day the previous week (hamstrings) & then ran my LR on Saturday. 

Planned    Actual
                         M  8 miles base pace  w/u walk, couldn't run because of my right knee.  went home to sulk.  had a massage at 5:30.
                         T  dyn. stretching & assorted intervals gym..1/2 hr. recumpent bike, 55 min. elliptical, 40 min. upper & lower body weights & stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks.
                         W non impact cardio, core workout  3 miles on the tm.   20 min. core workout.
                         T  tempo run.. 1 mile w/u & c/d @ recovery pace, 6 miles at half marathon pace  5.68 miles, 9:58 pace.  knee much better. 
                         F  resistance workout     1 mile rec. pace, 7 at, don't know. maybe half marathon pace, more or less.
                         S  1 mile w/u c/d @ recovery pace, 8 miles MP

resistance workout

S  rest

12 miles, 9:52 pace

totals: 28.8 miles running, 30 min. recumbent bike, 55 min. elliptical, 1 hr. 50 min. strength training. untimed pulling of hair and assorted fretting.