Masters Running

Titillating Tuesday - 01-26-16 (Read 37 times)

I'm not Jay, but . . . .

SteveP is dealing with someone who needs remedial training in numbers.

Posie has even more beautiful hair than she did before for a lot of less money (which is a beautiful thing).

2Kitty may be drinking a lot more this semester.

Tet ate a LOT of freaking oysters in 1969 (oi vey!).

Holly is coming to California soon to run trails with  me. 

Mike needs to get a new set of jokes.

Stumpy is all over the map with his work.

Tammy and David are taking home all the awards.

Holly found time in her incredibly busy family schedule to get a core workout done (without interruption??).

Aamos is freezing in Florida (how is that possible??).

Tselbs is still one of the most consistent runners in here (love it!).

TomW will be sleeping with one eye open for awhile.

Coastwalker is hiring himself out as a house cleaner (say what?  you did say that, right??)

I slept in this morning (well, 'til 5:15) and didn't workout.  Will do some core stuff during lunch.  That's about the excitement of it.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

King of PhotoShop

Well, if you're going to use risque language in the daily title, maybe I'll add some of my own.  Ah, better not.

Ten on Sunday and two yesterday and two today.  That's all my news.

Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

Nicely done, Leslie, and hi to Spareribs!

4 miles for me on the TM this morning.

After that was a grueling, stressful, last-minute French-braiding-into-a-chignon-thingy episode with DD that failed miserably, with both of us grouching and running late and then I just gave it up and made a regular French braid and she missed the bus and I had to take her to school and then I was late for work.

(sigh)

Only 5 more weeks until March....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Well, if you're going to use risque language in the daily title, maybe I'll add some of my own.  Ah, better not.

I was trying to wake myself up. 

Holly - Have you ever threatened to cut it off when she grouches at you?? 

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Henrun

Great summary, Leslie-if can wake up east coast time you can replace Jay.

Beautiful morning here- mid 40's and sunny. Lots of runners out and most in shorts as was I. Did 5 with a complaining R knee.

Leslie, I really enjoyed your recap - great sense of humour.

Jay, I enjoy yours too!

4.3 miles in the light drizzle which slowly turned heavier.  Knee was mostly ok so I was happy.  Legs were a bit sluggish though from my bike ride 2 days ago.  I just need to get a headlamp and I can start bike/bus/bike (5 min bike ride to bus stop, 12 minutes on the bus, then 20 minute bike ride to the office) commuting a few days a week.  I have ordered a shorter handlebar stem as I am reaching too far.  I guess I have long legs and a short torso or short arms.  The frame was the largest they make for women (for 5'10" to 6'0" women).  Mr. Blue Eyes is very happy to have me cycling with him.  If only I could get him to run with me, but he says that is not possible (knee surgery years ago).  He really wishes he could run - he did all his life until then.

I need to start training for some sweaty relay in June in Oregon.  I looked at my log and I only ran 5 miles total in all of December??  Wow, I guess I had a lot going on that month.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Dave59

Got in 4 lunchtime miles at the park. Very happy to see they had the park road cleared so I didn't have to run back and forth on the small section they had cleared on Sunday. 48° here today and it made the run feel really good. I think I am getting too old for those single digit & teens runs.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Steve, we're going to have to send you and MikeE to 'just say no to the boss' class.  Not to worry, it will be lovely for Gasparilla.

Holly, you get points for trying all that hair stuff in the am.  My mom used to regular braid my mess into 2 braids every day until I was 9 and ahalf and got it cut for the first time.  I was squirmy for that, and she was fast.

O yes!  Congrats, Tammy and David!  Very cool!

As is our budget-queen Mari.  With the beautiful locks.

So NOLA in Feb?   My TFA roomie lives there now.....she drove over to see me when I was in Big Sur, as she was in CA last year......and I've never been there (ran Baton Rogue for LA).....and beignets in NO are on my wish list......

henrun, what's wrong with that knee??

is it all melted by now, tw?

Greta job there, this am, Leslie.  Shazaam!

6 and a quarter for me this am.  I was taken by the sunrise reflecting in the small lakes I ran along this am.   And felt warm enough to stop and take a fw photos!

maybe Speedsters tonight.  Calf is feeling fine now.

Hiya Ribs, 10 miles sounds as if you're feeling stronger, we hope...

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

I just need to get a headlamp . . . .

Enke - I would encourage you to look at rechargeable headlamps.  Petzel makes a couple of really good ones - the Tekka RXP (215 lumens) and the NOA (575 lumens).  They're more expensive, but in the end I think you will see a savings in not having to continually buy batteries.  I am regretting not purchasing a rechargeable as the one I use on my morning runs eats through the AAA batteries like there's no tomorrow.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

good job leslie.

you and jay need to get together.

4.3 miles in the light drizzle which slowly turned heavier.

me too!

After three weeks in Japan and two in Alaska, spent the first full day back in Seattle in over a month so, even though the weather wasn’t that great, I could hardly wait to saddle up on The Red Baron for a five mile commute starting in a misty drizzle that was a drenching downpour downtown 25 minutes later.  After watching rainy day cyclists for the past 20 years after moving back down here where it all started in 1943, I sincerely regret taking so long to become one.  It’s a great sense of rare accomplishment at this stage to overcome anything, even if just the elements  Reminds me of when I used to commute through the bitter cold about a mile to classes in Michigan days.  I wonder if roch rides in the winter too.

I’m back in the saddle again
                      been away for a month that’s too long
                      through grey mist and whispering wind’s song
                      back in the saddle again

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I used to post on these boards a lot. Is there a forum for newbie marathoners? I am not a newbie runner but training for my 1st marathon, Shamrock in March. Would like to find support and info from other marathoners. I am on week 13 of the Hal Higdon novice 2 program.

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Sayhey! MM#130

Hello Laurie!   You are totally welcome here!  I peeked at your profile to make sure you aren't a young whipper, as we slice them up with the brussel sprouts, smear ice cream over it all and feed them to Tag, Avenger Doggie.

We've run a few marathons between us, and there are a few moms here (I'm not one, so take no advice from me on anything), as I note you're one, and even though it's a running group, people also feel free to vent about other stuff.

How can we help?  One of our posters lives nearby the Shamrock and is one of the Best People I know.   I'll let her introduce herself.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

It’s a great sense of rare accomplishment at this stage to overcome anything, even if just the elements  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Thoroughly enjoyed the title and Leslie's clever summary of our activities.

room temperature

6.18 miles on the treadmill at the rec. center

55 minutes

Listened to Steely Dan radio on AmazonPrimeMusic

Nice poem Tetsujin.

Nice ten miles Spareribs.

Nice biking Enke.

Nice of you to attempt hair-do's Holly.

Nice visual of BeanTown, Henry.

Nice lunch run, Dave.

Nice to meet you, Laurie!  You are welcome here. And, Aamos is TOO nice and I would gladly take her advice on most anything.
                              I have run more Shamrocks than I care to count. Although I have not run the full. My rocket scientist husband has run the Shamrock Full.

Like a lot of us, I have run a few marathons. My last one was in Little Rock in December. And that was my last one. hahahaha

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Marathon Maniac #957

We've run a few marathons between us,

Well, in your case that is quite an understatement!  How many are you up to now?  And who lives near Shamrock?  I'm thinking of doing that next year....

Tsunami - I remember you - welcome!  Jump right in anywhere....