Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - May (Read 41 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Sending hopeful thoughts for those in OK. Hope to hear from ev. More tornadoes on tap for today, so scary...

Leslie - ((((HUG)))). Wish I knew what to say. My first thought was that you might have to relocate, I know you don't want to do that.

Painful blister cropped up between my big toe and its neighbor, bad enough that running today might be problematic.  Nothing to complain about here, counting my blessings...

Ex runner

Ev and the othr days are fine.  The tornado(s) were many miles southeast of us.  Very tragic....no words to express or explain.  Just very fortunate evryday to live in this wondrful world.  Hug your loved ones.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Queen of 3rd Place

Glad you're all ok!! Horrible goings on!

Ex runner

jfa

Glad that missed you Ev.

Hopefully other doors are opening for you Leslie.

Ran my first 40 mile week this year, with about 6 hours this week

of r-ball too. Feeling good and down about 10 lbs over last 2 months.

Large portions of the boardwalks have been rebuilt and of course this weekend marks the beginning of summer here at the shore.

Racing the Spring Lake 5 miler Saturday. With 10,000 runners, things can get crowded at times!

Hiya Cindy and Jim and Arla and Stumpy and Carol and anyone else that's around.

Top 'O the World!

Ditto! Glad you & yours are okay, Ev!  Got the all clear from other friends & relatives before we went to bed last night...& chatted more this morning - My younger son & I were in Ok City on May 3, 1999....

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Nice morning by the beach. Windy,rainy, 48* for us 10,000 or so runners starting the Spring Lake 5 miler.

Good day for me. One minute PR with a 39:43. Paced it perfectly at

8:18

7:45

7:45

7:40

7:30

This racing shorter distance thing might be fun . A good start to the summer season.

Queen of 3rd Place

Joe - Nice pacing! PR in the wind! As a bonus, racing the shorter races makes you faster on the longer ones, too.

Track workout today, 5 x 1000 m at interval pace, feeling a little intimidated.

Ex runner

Queen of 3rd Place

*crickets*

Hope you're all busy running!

I got to the local high school track and the PE class was out there for a stroll. Seriously, if these kids were walking any slower, they'd be sitting down. Bummer.

So instead I found a stretch of bike path and measured out 1000 m with my garmin. That took care of one repeat. Back and forth a couple more times and I was done. Have to say that it was easier than the track because I didn't have to take the turns and it was a nice change of pace. Hit each one in 4:50 or faster, right on track.

Ex runner