Masters Running

RA runner helps USA win bronze in World 24 Hour Championships (Read 679 times)

Prince of Fatness

And he is a masters runner.

Our own Dopple Bock ran roughly 154 miles in 24 hours and finished 12th overall.  That's almost 6  4-hour marathons.  IN A ROW.  His last 5K was run in under 23 minutes!

Awesome.

Check out the thread started for him in the general forums.  Click.

WAY TO GO DB!

Not at it at all. 

His last two laps were the fastest two laps of the entire race.  Amazing.

Another amazing fact is he logged over 900 miles in training for this during the month of March.  That's over 30 miles every single day.  I need a nap.

Congratulations Doople Bock/Flounder/Mike for your Team Bronze and 12th overall.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Prince of Fatness

Another amazing fact is he logged over 900 miles in training for this during the month of March.

And then there is this.  Note where this was run, for how long, and the comments.  Whoa.

Not at it at all. 

#artbydmcbride

And he is one of us!!! (geezers)  He is over 40 years old!!  Big grin

Runners run

dg.

And then there is this.  Note where this was run, for how long, and the comments.  Whoa.

better to cut it short at 53.   

oh wow.

TammyinGP

I just pulled up the results first thing this a.m. and my jaw dropped when I saw he ended up 12th place and 2nd American behind Jurek! Amazing!!

any bets on who's going to offer him sponsorships?

I'm blown away!

Tammy

Wow!!!

TomS

Fantastic and Congratulations!
                  wildchild

Carolyn

Amazing!  That's roughly the distance from New York City to Albany, or Cleveland to Columbus!  But I can't help thinking that running 30 miles a day in training would leave very little time to have a life.  I suppose at their level, being a world class athlete IS your life.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

A 53-mile LR  . . . . . on a treadmill?????? Ho-lee crap!!!!  Congratulations, DB!!!!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

coastwalker

Being a lowly, somewhat normal human being, I can't fathom putting in that kind of training mileage, or completing a race that long, especially with that kind of speed at the end. I think my body parts would start to crumble off in little pieces, littering the course until there was just a little pile of me left to be swept up after everyone else had gone by. But that's just me... DB is an amazing athlete, and I am happy to join everyone else here in congratulating him on an amazing and outstanding race!!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

In some of the clips I watched his posture looked great, whereas every one else was slumped over.

Jaw-dropping performance.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM #7877

Flounder wears a red cape and has a big S on his chest.

Philippians 4:13.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Congrats DB.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Flounder wears a red cape and has a big S on his chest.

....I cannot argue with that statement...........Great Running......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....