Masters Running

June 21........ (Read 31 times)

.......howdy.......

sorry to be AWOL, but have you ever been Mad At Your Own Feet??

managed

to knock a chunk off the bottom of one

PoolRunning in the (allegedly) LazyRiver

on our Vacation

when I hit a Filter on the bottom of the the thing whilst Fightling the Current for 30-min

to offset this

I rubbed the skin off the Enormous Bunion on my OTHER foot

on a 60-min hike with Trekking Poles

then I just Sulked for a While

(still got in 3-bikerides, 10-PoolRuns, and Grew NewSkin on my foot

with Aloe, Sprinkled with BabyPowder)

================

40-min PoolRun, no belt, closed Fists, Run in Shallows

.......ps........hopefully deez will check in,

it's Nice to have some Support when you're on the DL

...................Good Running to Ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Morning, Tom.

on a much less energetic note--an extra hour of sleep.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I’m a fine one to be today’s first runner but “why not?”
        since today turned out to be the first time this month
        to switch from the saddle to de feet
        for the five mile morning ‘mute.
        However, I missed why Tammy’s quitting relays, especially since her regalement of the Bellyscratch Boomer Ragnar in those days and the souvenir t-shirt from Gordon I still sometimes wear almost convinced me to run one too someday.  Maybe reconsider after more time when DS graduates?

ps tom - do you touch the bottom when pool running?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mrrun

also ran 4 this am - took me longer to cool off after run then the actual run

awesome strawberry moon last night - looked like a big lollypop.  DD & kids spending the night, then off to the dig in the morning.

TW - you were missed!

((DL))

Sayhey! MM#130

Image result for happy anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Holly!

Swinging by on my way to the dentist--just a cleaning--(I hope!)--8 miles this am, cool again, all under 80 degrees!  DH went for a bike ride, of course.

It was a good thing we had the Strawberry Moon to distract us last night.

Today's another day!  Make it great!  And heal up there, o ailing ones.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

ps tom - do you touch the bottom when pool running?

...actually it's a Better Work-Out when I do.

the LazyRiver is about 3-feet deep so it wasn't an option

A normal pool lane is 2/3 off the bottom and the shallow 1/3  is a Progressive Resistance Type Move

eta-

thanks marj

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evan, good job on 1st in AG in spite of being run over.  Starr, nice grandkid pictures.  They're cuties.  wild and others in the relay/RA meetup, it sounds like a great time.  Thanks for the pictures.  Holly, happy anniversary.

Nice long runs for Dave, Aamos, Jay, and Twocat.

This morning, it was in the low 50s and there was a light breeze.  I did 5 miles at an 11:21 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

(TomWhite's feet)

Miss you, Deez!

I went to the sports med doc today, a different one whom I really liked, and she probed and prodded and poked and declared that, while I may have some tearing, nothing is broken or detached (so no MRI needed) - whew!  She said it was hamstring tendonitis and calf strain.  Told me to do three PT sessions and then come back to see her.  No running, but walking is okay and light biking (no hills).

No workout for me today - I was very lazy.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Great news Holly!

Holly S. congratulations on you anniversary. Good news too on the knee!

deez4boyz we all miss you being around here too!

evanflein I am so going to miss the long days! Maybe not if they were as long as yours! But given the ones as long as I get.

wildchild bummer about that coming in second and not first. Your whole team must be just crushed!  Or more likely you had a great time and care not a whit for the placement thing!  Hysterical story about TammyinGP's DS.

SteveP a little gem flower? 

tomwhite welcome back!

tetsujin209 fly east young man in September and you can ride through New Hampshire with the rest of the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club! Occasional running is allowed too. After all, Rosie did run at a few miles in her well won Boston victory!

AamosY I hope all turned out well at the dentist.

tselbs low 50's and light breeze! Brrrr! 

I went off and ran 5x1000m intervals this morning. Boy am I slow! I worked really hard to get my pace to 20 seconds/mile slower than I would have hoped to be at! I tell you this getting older stuff is for the birds! In other news, today is my wedding anniversary. My DW and I have been married for <redacted> [DW guest Editor: Censored! ] years!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Sayhey! MM#130

Good news, Holls!

All's fine at the dentist (I go 3x/year for cleanings), and the hygienist told me her friend (from here) made the Olympic Beach Volleyball team:  Brooke Sweat in action.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

evanflein

This is quite the week for anniversaries! Congrats to Holly and her DH, and to Twocat and Mrs. Twocat. Our #27 is this Friday!

No touching bottom for pool running! tomwhite has apparently set up his own kind of workout. Since my pool running was always for metatarsal or AT issues, no touching bottom allowed. Sorry about your tattered tootsies, tomwhite (do men have tootsies??), and I hope they're on the mend soon.

Love the relay stories and photos, lots on Facebook, too. I see there's a thread for it here so will go check that out soon.

I want to run today, but the weather is awful! I don't necessarily subscribe to the "no running in the rain" rule, but it is my preference. And, since I'm at work, I don't want to come back to work looking like I just ran in the rain. So that's why I usually go at the end of the day on days like this. But DH and I have something to go to at 5. Hmmmm, what to do, what to do. Maybe I'll just leave early and go run, then go do what we're going to do. Which is a community forum to meet our proposed interim chancellor. Whom I already know quite well. But DH wants me to go with him. *sigh*

Mike E

MM #5615

This is quite the week for anniversaries! Congrats to Holly and her DH, and to Twocat and Mrs. Twocat. Our #27 is this Friday!

And our #28 is this Saturday.

Waiting for Stumpy to make a comment about the photo Aamos posted...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

I know, right? I posted quickly because I was at work. Thinking I didn't want anyone to see my monitor from the door and wonder what the heck I was looking at!

Oh... 5.4 miles today, GA pace.