Masters Running

Wednesday 5.24 and day 2 of withdrawal (Read 34 times)

mrrun

Hi all,

an early morning run for us with lots of company on the reservoir  - matinee later

happy trails!

marj

2.7 treadmill.  Raining outside, and we all know the rule....     MTA  That's all I had time for since I had to go to the police station to be fingerprinted.......  One of the more exciting aspects of my job as in-house counsel/officer for a big company.  This had to do with signature authority in California and not a crime.  We were delayed because they were booking someone who had just been arrested so we couldn't get in the booking room to be fingerprinted.

2.3 treadmill miles after work.  Decompressing.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I am going to follow Jlynne's guidance from yesterday and take roachrunner's post.

roachrunner I would have ended up on a ride for nothing! Rhubarb! Yuk! It is the one whatever it is that I have never liked no matter how it is transformed. Plus I do not drink coffee so that would have been out too. 

I just want to point out Mariposai is a posting slacker. She has a 5 hour head start on the east coast people and was the third to last post yesterday! My DW and I leave this evening to hook up with Mariposai and her DH on Ireland's Thursday morning.

Now that it has stopped raining, off for a 12 mile run.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Marj--when I lived on Chestnut Hill Ave for a year, I used to do an occasional loop around that reservoir.  Wasn't really a runner back then, though. It's a nice spot.

Erika--we're not even in the NHL playoff finals yet (and the Memorial Cup is ongoing).  Don't worry, still a couple weeks of hockey to be played!

Nice and cool at 70f but dang that humidity hung like a curtain in the air.

I can't consider 70 to be "cool" but, dang, that humidity yesterday did hit me, too.  That time of year I guess.

Rest day for me.  Finally got a chance to read those great race reports from the weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat - I make a rhubarb/apple crumble that is pretty awesome.  I think I may have gotten the recipe from Tselbs.

Now that school is out and I don't have to drive DD to school, I'm hoping to get an extra mile or two on weekday mornings.  However, I got way-laid this morning doing house stuff and took to long to get out the door.

5.3 miles in 60 degrees, including 7 x 200m striders.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good morning folks. It's raining here. Again. I think during the whole month of May we've had like 3 nice days. And don't ask about the forecast for the upcoming holiday weekend! I'm going to Ireland with Mariposai and Twocat where they expect the weather to be like this.

I'm happy to see that even though Jay is gone this week, everyone is stepping up and getting the daily started. Thanks Marj!

I'm sorry. I like sports as much as the next guy, but hockey in May/June is just wrong. It's a winter sport! At least put the rinks in an outdoor venue so the teams could play in shorts and sunglasses

5 miles on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the rowing machine and 20 minutes of weights and core this morning.

Here's your Joe Kelly Runner's Rule for the day:  "Don't wait for perfect weather. If you do, you won't run very often." Very appropriate for a lot of us these last few days! And sorry Twocat!

6 days of school left....

roachrunner I would have ended up on a ride for nothing! Rhubarb! Yuk! It is the one whatever it is that I have never liked no matter how it is transformed. Plus I do not drink coffee so that would have been out too. 

Actually, I had eaten about half a rhubarb pie last week that I personally made with rhubarb from our garden, so yesterday I settled for peach. 

Nothing today since we have workmen here. The countertops and sinks look great!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

My dad LOVED strawberry rhubarb pie.  It's the little things that every now and then get me a tad misty-eyed.

There better be lots o' pics of Ireland!

A friend of mine who's been a legal secretary/paralegal for over 40 years went in a couple of years ago to have her fingerprints done for her notary bond.  Her fingers are so worn from years of paper-shuffling that they couldn't get viable fingerprints and had to send something off to the FBI to ensure she wasn't a secret criminal or something.  We all felt it was an opportune time for her to enter the criminal game.

3 miles this a.m. on tired legs.  Who knew 3 miles could be so tiring?!?  Coming back from injury is not for the faint of heart. 

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

3 miles at the park this morning.

Lighten up on the negative hockey talk.   What else is there?  Baseball? Golf?  Sports where almost nothing happens for long stretches of time.  Or maybe NASCAR where 40 people drive around in circles for hours?   If I watch to watch utter futility I can go into the office and work.

When I was growing up in WNY hockey was 12 months a year.  When there was no ice we played street hockey.

Jlynne it says clearly in the running rulebook, "No running in the rain!"© Really what are you thinking? Just wait a bit and it will stop. Well maybe not if you live in Seattle. In that case moving is a viable option.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tramps

Lighten up on the negative hockey talk.   What else is there?  Baseball? Golf?  Sports where almost nothing happens for long stretches of time.  Or maybe NASCAR where 40 people drive around in circles for a hours?   If I watch to watch utter futility I can go into the office and work.

When I was growing up in WNY hockey was 12 months a year.  When there was no ice we played street hockey.

+1

Be safe. Be kind.

mrrun

Henry doesn't like strawberry rhubarb pie, but recently we were in a restaurant and that was their specialty dessert.  I had to fight him to get my share - hmmmmm

Mike E

MM #5615

I used to rip on NASCAR...calling it the dumbest sport on earth...then I realized that I enjoy running 26.2 miles...I don't rip on anybody's sport anymore.

I used to rip on NASCAR...calling it the dumbest sport on earth...then I realized that I enjoy running 26.2 miles...I don't rip on anybody's sport anymore.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

spacityrunner

I like pie.  Rhubarb not so much.  Hard to find one without a lot of chemicals/artificial flavorings and that kinda crap in it.  When I do...

Beautiful cool day here today...so after getting my new tooth (that'll be $450 please and I have ins) I headed to the mountain to run with the trail gang.  Oh how I love trail running.  Did the first 3 miles at my pace...then waited at the top of the mountain for the for trail leader and finished the last mile with him.  4 miles all total...a bit over an hour.  Time was not important.  

Trails Rock!