Masters Running

It's Sunday, and this is the Daily: 1.27.13 (Read 45 times)

SteveP

Love that idea for parties Jay.

Nice Marj.

Aww MikeE.

Rest Day today. Noah turns 5 at the end of the week, however, there are crazy schedules. Celebrating today was put up to a vote.

The eyes have it.

It's important not to help a child up until after the picture

Come on Honey, let's go again!

I hope he out grows the Spider Man thing

SteveP

Enke - I'm sorry to hear about you and your husband.  I will keep you and your kids in my prayers.

TK - Yikes! about your friend and DW.  I can't even imagine how scary that was during the whole episode.

Happy Birthday, Noah!

Loves the bald family pic, Mike. Smile

Got in 5 miles Friday.  Ran 'em too hard and paid the price for it yesterday during my 14-mile trail run.  Also started coming down Friday with a nasty cold, which didn't help yesterday, either.  Have been feeling pretty carpy the last two days, but hopefully I am over the hump.  Tomorrow's 4 are suppose to be nice and slow, and that's what I intend to do.  Will go a little easier on myself with Tuesday's strength training in the hopes of not totaling bombing Wed's long run.

And next week's gonna be a bugger work-wise, so I need to ensure I get most of my aggressions out in my pre-work workouts. Wink

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...Between Cute Babies and Cute Doggies...........it's been a Big Weekend........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

coastwalker as they say no good deed goes unpunished.

SteveP my DW loved that cake!  Kudos to whoever baked it!

fatozzig somehow I suspect I would not want to be in your way if you were in a mood to get out your aggressions!  I bet everybody around is glad you plan to do so via running and not otherwise!

I should mention that my DW's tumble was not scary for me at all!  I saw none of it.  I generally go last in groups so that I can pickup equipment lost in tumbles.  That was the case here.  By the time I got down where my DW and friend were my DW was standing upright.  She was about 60 feet downhill from our friend who was lying injured in the snow.  My first guess was that she had just skied ahead of everybody (she is a very good skier) and while waiting for everybody else to catch up our friend had gotten hurt.  Only after I got down to where they were did I find out what had really happened.

After reading about today's runs by Holly S., tomwhite, tselbs, and mainerunnah my report is going to certify me as a cold weather wimp!  Sad  So what did I do?  Fortunately, it was not a running day for me today so the fact that it was under 20° did not send me down to run on the TM, although it would have had it been a running day!  Now tomorrow . . . but the good news is that it is supposed to crack the low 20's for my morning run so there is some hope it will be outside.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody--I'm pooped.

I managed to get 10.2 miles in a snow storm in 1:23:40, then came inside and did 10 more on the treadmill in 1:19:42.

I had a very busy day--I'm tired--I'm going to bed!  I'll have to tell you my story about the police, tomorrow...

See ya!

Mariposai

What a fun birthday party!!! When I was a kid, I would have loved a party like that one.

Spareribs, take care of that knee!

Twocat, I am so glad to read that your DW is Ok. I have had my share of near death stumbles on the slops/ I am glad this one not the case for her. I think you have a very caring friend who risked his life to try to stop your DW.

Not having  a marathon in the spring is allowing me to really enjoy the great snow we are having here. About 10 miles of snow heaven with my DH today. We decided to tackle trail #11, a nasty black diamond trail...it sure was fun to conquer Trail 11.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

arf

MM #405

My first Daily post and i didn't even run!  ha ha     Biked to and from work .........about 10km

Jay - I'm curious about your "activity" at the party!

Mike E - Awesome job on getting that 20 in any way you could!.....and your grand daughters are sooooo cute!

Marge - fantastic job on your 1/2 in that heat!

Lynden - It's so great to see you!  ( I hope you feel better and stronger soon)

Steve P - I LOVE Noah's party pic's!  ...and your dog too, what breed is it?

Arf

SteveP

Steve P - I LOVE Noah's party pic's!  ...and your dog too, what breed is it?

Arf

He's a Boxer/Lab. We used to call them mutts. Now they're hybrids.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I have never seen a sledding birthday party, but it looks fun.  Mariposai - lovely snow pic for you, too!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hi Arf!

Prayers Enke.  "Selfish" comes to mind about your DH.  But it's none of my business as they say.  Best to you and the kids.

Nice job on the Miami HM Marj.  How did you like the race?  Did you see any hung over spectators on South Beach?  Big grin

A picnic in the snow?  Better you than me Steve.  (Looks like everyone had fun though.)

Went golfing on Saturday.  Beautiful day.  The swing is coming back.  Not there yet, but close.  I even got lucky and knocked one in the hole with a gap wedge from 100 yards.

Blechhh.  Wish I could run (or bike or swim), but I caught the bug yesterday and I'm feeling like carp.  Gotta go to work though as I'm behind.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

TammyinGP

He's a Boxer/Lab. We used to call them mutts. Now they're hybrids.

Or if you wanted to really sound all dog-poshy, you could do what people do when they mix two breeds and give it a designer name so they can sell their litter for $300 a pup. Yours would be called a "Boxador".Wink  and you likely don't even need to ask how I feel about those 'designer breeds' - i'm sure based on a few things I post over at FB, you know how I feel about dog overpopulation, backyard breeders, neglected dogs, rescue dogs, etc.

Tammy