Masters Running

Happy birthday to Jim24315 (Read 328 times)

King of PhotoShop

Everyone on this site has been so helpful to me for so many years, but there is one person who has been a great mentor to me in my running and now I get to say happy birthday to him.  (It's tomorrow, Tuesday, but I'm getting a jump on the crowd.)

Hope you have a great day Jim, and it would be wonderful to see you posting more often.  Spareribs

Mariposai

We might as well start with the margaritas tonight!!!!

Happy birthday Jim24315...like Ribs said...please post more ofter here.WE all gain  so much wisdom from your posts.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Haven't heard from Jim for ages. I do remember that those numbers are his marathon PR time, right? How cool is that? Happy Birthday and please don't be a stranger!
          have a wonderful birthday Jim!!

denise

Prince of Fatness

He's been posting as JimHowe since sometime last year, I believe.  It's been a while since I have seen him post, however.  Hopefully he will see this thread.

Jim is one of the main reasons that I believe that I still have many years of quality running left in me.  He's offered me sound advice on several occasions and it is definitely appreciated.

Happy Birthday Jim.

Not at it at all. 

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Yes, just like Spareribs, Jim always had great advice when I started this running thing.   (Was it really that long ago?) 

Enjoy your day.

coastwalker

Happy birthday Jim - enjoy the day!!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jim,

I hope you have a great Birthday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Happy Birthday Jim.

SteveP

kcam

Jim's my racing and training partner. He gets get much of the credit for getting me back  from the running doldrums and setting all-time PRs.  No way would I be running as well as I am now without his guidance and motivating posts and advice.  He is a helluva runner and has that knack for saying what you need to hear to keep you motivated.  One in a million.

Thanks and Happy Birthday, pardner!

Thank you all so much. What a great group this is. Nothing like a good ol’ fashioned surprise party!

Although I haven’t been posting much in recent months I am a constant lurker. I finally changed my handle from “Jim24315” to my real name after thinking about doing it for some time. I guess it's been about a year now.

I met up with Spareribs at the very beginning of my intro to runner’s forums about 5 years ago. He has been a great inspiration to me and I am sure that goes for the rest of us. If there was ever a “glass half full” guy it is ‘ribs. He hasn’t got an ounce of quit in him.

And thank you pardner Ken. Trainin’ and racein’ with you these past few years has not only been a lot of fun and source of motivation, but I’ve learned a whole lot while gabbing away on our long runs and trips around Nor Cal. It's been fun watching you come into your own at the tender age of 48. It wouldn't be quite so unusual if you'd just started a couple years ago, but for someone who has been slogging away as long as you have it's been pretty exciting to see.

Jim

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

#artbydmcbride

Happy happy Birthday to JimHowe too!!!   Big grin

Runners run

Maniac 505

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM

Hope it was a great one

Happy Belated Birthday, Jim.  We met at CIM the day before I qualified for Boston, a little over 2 years ago.  On race day, all I saw were your taillights fading into the distance.  You're something.
                              Tramps

A belated happy birthday.  I've read and appreciated your posts in the main forums, especially that sub-3 thread.  (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?!  )  I hope you had a nice day.

Be safe. Be kind.