Masters Running

April Masters Miles (Read 54 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

“I don't run to add days to my life, I run to add life to my days.”

Another month come and gone... time to post your monthly mileage, and any PRs or AG awards for April.   Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, and cool totals, as well as for any other award-worthy achievements!    I always look forward to these monthly threads - thanks for playing!

This is in Cheyenne Mountain State Park, looking up at Cheyenne Mountain (where the NORAD bunker is).  It was a beautiful place for a trail race!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Carolyn.  Nice picture.

I guess I'll start off.  I claim 112.5 miles this month for a new high.  Would have hit a little higher if my foot had cooperated.  I'll catch up next month.

also a 10K PR this month.

thank you kindly.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

66 for april

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!  This was a great month...I met Holly!  I also had a 2nd place AG award in the Kentucky Derby Marathon.

I had to go out, today, and get something with .8 miles in it to get to an even number for the month...I only managed 2.8

April: 178

2013: 772

April-140.5

YTD-529.2

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Wow - what awesome blue sky.

37.5 miles for April (coming back slow but sure)

203.3 YTD

Thank you Carolyn!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

100.3 YAY!

7 miles @ 4:15 AM

4 miles @ 7:15 PM

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

82.9 - including 25.5 for Boston - still having a hard time writing about it...........time heals

denise

Rondog65

April    103 miles

YTD    402 miles

Would have been better if I didn’t have a foot injury and skipped 2 runs that should have added about 20 miles.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

TammyinGP

105 miles for April.

Tammy

Mariposai

158.3 miles

Big grin.

I ran a marathon and I used it as an excuse to taperrrrrrrrrrrr.Cool and recover.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

141.6 for April, 744.0 YTD.

PR at Boston, 4:00:52.  I am thankful for whatever made me run faster that day, and I keep the victims close in my heart.

Lovely photo, Carolyn.  That's a startling blue sky.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

New skirt in town

109.6 for me. That includes 26.2 at Boston, and it's been difficult to get moving again afterwards..

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

coastwalker

Thanks Wildchild!

105.9 in April, which isn't so bad, considering I took a week off.

1st walker in the "non-competitive" (??) walker div. in the Wallis Sands Half Marathon.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

I was psyched to hit a prime number with the great Wild, but then I saw 3 other people already beat me here with prime numbers (37, 103, 109).  I hope there are enough awards to go around.