Masters Running

April Masters Miles (Read 54 times)

Tramps

Congrats on the PR, PDR!

157.7 for me.

10K PR.

Be safe. Be kind.

124.2 miles in April.  The most monthly miles in well over a year.  No PR's, no races, no prime numbers, just running.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

173.8 miles running, including a 5k PR for certified courses where I placed 2nd in my AG.  Thanks!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks Carolyn. Boy this month went fast! Close to two weeks of being sick, plus taper for a marathon (though not the marathon itself) brought my monthly total down quite a bit compared to last month. Eh, it is what it is, and I'm still ahead of the pace bunny, so it's cool.

April = 154.1

YTD = 800

Missed a 15k due to being sick, but got 1st AG in the 5k.

#artbydmcbride

146.1 miles

1 half marathon, 1 almost marathon, 1 10k, no PRs  taking it easy to heal this hamstring

Runners run

113 miles for April       most miles in a month since last March

411 miles for the year to  date

Thanks, wild

TomS

193.46 miles for April.... my biggest month since 2008.

YTD 671.15 miles

No PRs except for the number of races in one day.....I've done a number of combo 5k and 10K races same day but this year I took the Carlsbad challenge of five 5k races the same day... the toughest part was staying loose for an 1-1/2 hours between the 4th and 5th race.

I also ran the Camp Pendleton Heartbreak Half with the Marines the following week... fun time!

ThanksSmile

huskydon

Jim, that is a lot of miles.  I am impressed.

As for me, 118.3 miles in April, 444.8 miles YTD.

Good job, everyone!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

160.1 miles, my most in over 3 years. YTD I already have more miles than I had at the end of June last year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wildchild

Carolyn

Where are all the high mileage runners this month?  I didn't even break 200 miles and it looks like I'm in the lead so far, with only 197 miles.  (I did manage to hit a prime number!)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Some high mileage folks tapered for marathons,  No racing for me, so I logged 180.7 miles in April.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Lou and Harriet and Perch are all sandbagging.  Sneaky suspicion than Karin will be ROARing back soon.

oops--didn't read the first page completely.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tetsujin  - 0
                            YTD - 54.5

Carolyn - thanks for not counting; much appreciated.

.ps - sorry about this year's Boston for Boston runners

and for us for all the missing RR's about what it should have been about.

Please make up for it next  year for for you, the injured and killed, and all of us who never can.

I was hoping April’d be better but, after missing my beloved Yakima River Canyon Marathon on 4/6/13, I missed two more at the end of the month for 126.2 non-miles in April.  With February and April now added to December’s zilcher, I hereby renew my January vow to “get serious, very serious about running this year.” 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

150.9 miles for April for me, and 584.6 YTD. This was one of our coldest and snowiest Aprils on record (I think #3 on the coldest) and it really took the wind out of my sails for running mojo. And that 2k pace bunny is just a distant shadow on the horizon for me... rats.

Walk-Jogger

177.6 miles*

I woke up the morning of April 1st with a brand-new tibial stress fracture in my left shin, and spent the entire month recovering from that by doing cross-training on an incline treadmill, walking uphill very slowly at a 30% slope.

At 2.5 MPH it's the equivalent power output in watts (~358) to running at a 7:30 pace, according to the treadmill... It takes me close to 8 minutes to climb 500 vertical feet at that speed, so I counted every 500 vertical feet as the equivalent of a flat running mile @ 7:30. Using this formula, I "ran" 177.6 miles in April. A few of  these were actual normal running miles, the rest were *fake, cross-training running mile-equivalents.

Total climbing for the month of April was about 59,600 feet, so twice the height of Mt. Everest. 

Stress fracture seems to be healed up now, and I've resumed running. Slower than I was in March, but not too far off the mark for having lost a month of running training. 

Retired &  Loving It