Masters Running

Hi! Still Running (Read 329 times)

Tag

It has been ages since I have posted to any of the forums. I pretty much stopped posting shortly after Cool Running went away. I never stopped running though. In fact, now I run an average of about 40 miles per week. I have set PRs at all race distances in the past year and I qualified for Boston last weekend with a 3:45:24 chip time at Rocket City. I just have little time to do social networking. What little time I have I usually spend on Facebook. A lot of the local runners in Huntsville have all formed a group via both our Track Club and local Fleet Feet store so that's where you'll usually find me. Any of you with Facebook accounts feel free to friend request me. It's an easy way to keep up with fellow runners. My profile is here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=715306881&ref=profile You have to have a FB account and be my friend to see much though. That's primarily just to keep my email address from folks who don't need it. (Spammers) Smile So is this where most all the Boomers wound up in the end or is there still a split between here and Kickrunners or perhaps even a third site? Maybe over the holidays I can catch up a bit.
      Tag! It's great to hear from you again. Many of us are on FaceBook also. I'm sure you'll be getting many Friend Requests. Most of the old CR Gang either post here on RA and/or on KR. Congratulations on your BQ. Many of us will be there. I'm sure a meet up is in order for them and you! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Hi Tag,It's funny...2 weeks ago I was thinking of you and wondered how you were doing...How is Jen? It's great that you posted...hope to see you soon... We still do the Weekly Run & X-training group...if you're interested?
        Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

Marathon Maniac #957

Tag - hello! Like Gordon, I, too, was thinking about you and Jen recently, wondering where you ended up. Glad that you are still running well and congratulations on your BQ! Lots of the CR gang came here, and some went to Kickrunner. I came here mostly because I liked the log, and the clean interface.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Tag - hello! Like Gordon, I, too, was thinking about you and Jen recently, wondering where you ended up. Glad that you are still running well and congratulations on your BQ! Lots of the CR gang came here, and some went to Kickrunner. I came here mostly because I liked the log, and the clean interface.
            ...and the friendly people, right?? Wink Hi, Tag! I know some of the folks on here have mentioned your name! I hope you'll hang around here some. Congrats on your BQ time!! That's awesome. I will never be that fast, so I like living vicariously through all of you speed demons.

#artbydmcbride

Yo tagrunner! How nice to hear from you and that you are running so well these days! I'm not on Facebook, so post once in a while.

Runners run

Hi Tag! It's good to see you over here and great to hear that your running is going so well. I have a FB account but I don't really check it very often. I really like RA, though I have posted on KR as well. I hope you manage to drop in more often and post.

Once a runner . . .

wildchild

Carolyn

Hi Tag! How are you and Jen and the little tagrunners? Hope you stop by to visit us when you have time. Congrats on the BQ and the PRs this year.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Hi Tag - great to see you again. Glad to hear your running has been going so well. Smile

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

...and the friendly people, right?? Wink
                      Well, I came here for the log, but I stayed because of the people.... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tag

Yes, the people here were always great. That isn't why I stopped posting. I just had/have a hard time keeping up with what everyone is doing, especially since all the CR folks split over two forums. Let's see... Jen (Caverjen) is still doing fine. She still runs and still puts up with me. She has actually diversified and become a Tri-Girl, too participating in two Triathlons so far. The kids are also fine. I have been on a PR roll lately. Besides the marathon I had a 1:41 Half, a 1:11 15K, 46:46 10K, and 21:54 5K in recent weeks. I also ran a 5:40 50K Trail Run on the mountains. I have two more 50K trail runs planned in the next 6 weeks. One is New Year's Eve and the other in late January (Mtn Mist). Then it will be time to fine tune for Boston. Thanks for the warm welcome. It will be a few days before I get off for Christmas. Then I should have more time to do some catching up by reading through some of the posts...

Marathon Maniac #957

Tag - don't feel like you have to keep up with everything that's going on to be a part of RA. That can be overwhelming when life gets busy. Just drop in any time and share what's happening in your world. Congrats on the string of PRs. Sounds like you are in top form right now. Congrats to Jen for expanding into Tris. That's something I'd really like to do, but I'm such a poor swimmer it may not happen for me. At least not yet. Smile

Hi, tag! Good to see you again. Congratulations on your BQ -- will you be able to run Boston this year? If so, I hope our paths cross there.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Tag

Yes, Lou! Smile I registered the day I qualified. I have a room at the Hampton Inn in Cambridge for now but am looking for a better place. Everything was either booked or way too expensive ($500+) anywhere near the Finish Line. Jen is going with me. I hope to see a lot of you at some point that weekend.
                                We should definitely have a keg with us -- I don't think we'll be setting up a party this year, but the beer will be available -- we just need to find a suitable venue.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com