Masters Running

Wednesday thanks to all of our veterans on their day runs (Read 485 times)

Good morning good people, and a special thanks to all of the vets who have served our country. There is a special place for people like you - God bless all of you and I hope your day is a good one.

Cross training for me this morning. A chilly 28° make my decision to go the Y an easy one. 5 miles on the eliptical followed by 20 minutes of upper body machines and some stability ball exercises.

Will's first night home was uneventful, except for his parents. They have the baby in their room and every time he'd sigh, gurgle or make a grunt, they were wide awake. And when he wasn't making any noises, they were wide awake for that too.  They finally seem to be settling into a normal routine, and won't have to go back to Milwaukee unless something develops. If Mary sends me her e-mail address (sorry Mary, I lost it), I'll send her some pictures to post. He looks great, though that's from a proud grandma's perspective!

Have a great day everyone.

Thank you, veterans.  And thanks to your families, also.
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Yes, a special thanks to our Veterans and to anyone currently serving.  Your committment and sacrifice is noted and appreciated.

Good to hear that Baby Will is home.  The parents might want to consider having Baby Will sleep somewhere other than their bedroom, though I can certainly understand why they might want to.  That becomes problematic later on.

8 miles this morning with 3 miles at MP.  I did this same workout a week ago and ran it much, much too fast.  So I was mindful today of keeping it slower.  8:53 overall pace with the MP miles at 8:19, 8:13, and 8:08.  A touch fast, but not reaching tempo pace so that's good.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

Good update on Baby Will. 

Hard driving rain this morning so it became a rest day with a little stretch and strength work.  Gotta go work on the ark now.  Anybody know how to convert cubits?

Be safe. Be kind.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks for the good kick off this morning Jeanne!   I will send you a note shortly so you can send me those pictures.

No run for me today.  

I too would like to thank all the verterans and all that are currently serving to keep us safe and free.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps,

A Cubit is an ancient unit of linear measure, originally equal to the length of the forearm from the tip of the middle finger to the elbow, or about 17 to 22 inches (43 to 56 centimeters).

Good luck on your Ark.  Good luck with all those animals also.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Tramps

A Cubit is an ancient unit of linear measure, originally equal to the length of the forearm from the tip of the middle finger to the elbow, or about 17 to 22 inches (43 to 56 centimeters).

I knew someone would know. 

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thank you veterans!

Cubit... reminds me of Bill Cosby..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0KHt8xrQkk

4 miles in the Ida rain in 36:44 (9:11, AHR 155)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Slo

It's a good day to be a Runner.

Jlynne......Great to read about baby Will.....Thank you for taking the time to keep us posted. I often wonder about how people are doing....your updates are appreciated.

So this morning I sat in the locker room this morning dressed in my TYR Jammers waiting for the pool door to open. Wet from a clensing shower I finally dawned my cotten sweats and went out to the front desk to inquire about the whereabouts of our Lifeguard......need I say anymore......I hate my workouts being in someone elses hands......Ok, I guess I said more.

Later......!!!!!

Perch - YESSSSSS!  My brothers had all of his albums and I had them memorized when I was in about first grade, long before I knew what half of the jokes meant!  "Noah, this is the lord."  "Riiiiiiiight."  (And some Alan Sherman, too.) Great memories.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! 

{{{Nono’s hip}}}

Slo_Hand - pool closed for Veteren's Day?

My tired legs were feeling the effects of yesterday’s workout, as I expected they would, so I just did a very slow and easy 5 miles listening to a surprisingly good sci-fi audio book – don’t laugh – Dragonsdawn.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Slo_Hand - pool closed for Veteren's Day?

No.....College age'd life guard......not the first time.

Tramps

4 miles in the Ida rain in 36:44 (9:11, AHR 155)

Hard-core.

Check your e-mail.

Be safe. Be kind.

wildchild

Carolyn

Tramps, a cubit is also 4571999999.999996 angstroms, in addition to what Byll posted.  Good luck with your construction project.

Jeanne, glad to hear Baby Will is home and doing well!  I think I'd have him sleep in my room too, until he's a little bigger and sleeping through the night.  Makes it easier to check on him often, without getting up.

I took yesterday as a rest day, even though the weather was great, because my legs just felt tired. Today I'm looking forward to a RAL.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

'morning everybody.

Jeanne, that's so sweet.   I remember that, being on pins & needles.  & in their case, especially so!   Can't wait for pictures.   Good choice for a gym workout today.   I'll do that tomorrow.

too bad, Slo.   though I read that 'TYR Jammies'.  ;-)

I thought of Bill Cosby too Smile.  

Eliz.  now I have Alan Sherman songs in my head.      

Poor wet Perch.   though somehow that fits, doesn't it?  -)

I was cold this morning, (35, I think) but think I'm fighting  a bug too.   Stomach has been off, & am just achy.  No big deal.   I'm going to call the first 4 miles this morning a tempo run because it felt like that.   5.2 miles, 9:40 average pace, 8:36 max.  MIles were 10:05, 9:39, 9:28, 9:16, & 9:49 (cool down).   A couple of short stops which were not polarized.  Wish I hadn't needed them.