Masters Running

Saturday Master Runs in the Rain, the Park & other Things (Read 361 times)

11.2 slow & easy miles

So much umpiring lately combined with running in this heat is wearing me down

tomorrow working a triathlon in the morning then family reunion so no run

Have a Great Weekend!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Morning Sarge. Yeah, tell me about the heat wearing you down.

10 steamy, hilly miles. Absolutely no leg power so just ran slow.  First time I've ever bonked at mile zero

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

3 easy miles before an early tee time.  The golf game is rusty as I've only played twice in the last year.  But not bad and had a lot of fun.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Aamjos, I'm glad to hear your husband aced his stress test.  hopeful, with 3 raccoons gone, I hope you've got them all.

Nice long runs for breger, Sarge, and perch.  Good job on the speedwork for evan and nono.

I survived the colonoscopy and was told to come back in 10 years.  After the stuff to drink and it's after affects, the procedure itself was no big deal.  As all the comments were coming in before hand, I couldn't help but think that if this were a forum for people in their 20s and 30s that there wouldn't have been much response.  I'll mention a couple of things and then let the topic die until someone else has to go through it.  When I got in the procedure room, I was told to roll on my left side.  As I did so, I made some wise crack wondering if this was a test to see if I knew right from left.  One of the nurses said it was and I passed.  She added that my award was a sticker and I had my choice between a regular one or a scratch and sniff one.  Then she said that their scratch and sniff stickers don't smell like anyone elses.  If that's not bad enough, breger mentioning that he had a colonoscopy and his esophagus checked at the same time reminded me of another one.  A few years ago, my father in law had both procedures at the same time.  As the family was sitting around, I wondered out loud whether they would use the same tube for both procedures.  One brother in law came up with the thought that it could be serious or not depending on which procedure was done first.  I'll stop now.

This morning, it was in the low 70s and there was a light wind but the humidity was down a bit from what it's been recently.  I got in 8 miles in a bit over 1:22:30 for a 10:20 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Morning guys. It sounds like the H&H have taken its toll on lots of people today. Count me as one of them. I got up at 5:30 and went to farmer's market and decided to run the trail along the river thinking that this might be cooler than city streets around my house. Nope. 74° and humid when I took off. Heavy legs, heavy breathing, heavy everything! 10.1 miles, 10:24 pace. My left foot started whining around the 4 mile mark and was growling like a mad dog by the time I finished. This marathon training is not going the way I was planning.

Good news? Fresh corn on the cob, green beans, shelled peas and carrots from farmer's market to add to a grilled turkey breast for dinner this evening.

Good news on your colonoscopy Tom. The prep is sure worse than the procedure, that's for sure. Hope you get a better reward than a scratch and sniff sticker! Maybe your DW will bake you a fresh cherry pie for being a good patient.

Stay cool everyone.

lamerunner

Good morning!  Hot here again. T-storms last night helped the air a bit but it is still humid. I got in 18 miles at an easy pace on the Massabesic Rail trail.  I drove about ten minutes east of the normal spot and parked in Candia, intended to do out and backs in both directions and stop at car for water. In my usual manner I got interested in what I was doing on the easterly part of the trail, plus was addled by the horseflies, so I kept going east and lucked intoa convenience store just steps off the trail about 65 mins or so out. 24 oz for one dollar! I drank some, stashed it, continued out another 15minutes or so then turned back, finished   water and continued. It got pretty hot; the last few miles were not easy. 75 at the start, 85 at finish.  Nice stretch of trail.

Heading to the lake with big family group.  Nice up there but there is always drama...

Good running everyone! 

Renee the dog

Four slow, slightly painful miles on the TM so far.  Legs are really feeling the effects of yesterday's speedwork, so it is slow going!

Set the alarm for 5:15 today to see if it is when I want to get up tomorrow.  I thought for sure I'd fall back to sleep.  Uh, dumb plan. I didn't.  And my 3 yr old got up with me.  Draggin' around now.  After a few more games of Chutes & Ladders and having him telling me every Thomas the Tank Engine story known to man, I'm sure the TM will be looking pretty good again!

Enjoy the gifts!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

...tselbs//...........the GOOD NEWS is in 10-years you won't remember how lousy that prep tastes....

cross-mowing after work

hopefully

leg won't flare up

hitting the trails tomorrow

....................................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I look my best blurry!

Ran with my DH this morning for the first time in forever.  He has a bad hip and is recovering from major shoulder surgery.  We stuck together for 3 mi.  He walk/ran the rest.  I finished up 6.75.  So many people out running at the lake today.  Felt good to be part of the fitness crowd!  Cross training catching up on laundry and weeding today.  Then I'll be poolside with steaks on the grill!

Kristen

4 miles easy this morning then shopping for new running clothes! My wife said the loin cloth look was getting old. My other shorts I have worn so long the material between the legs looked more like mesh. Same for all my socks. How do all my clothes wear out all at the same time I ask her. She reminded me that some of these I have had for 10 years. I told you all I was cheap. Now I am all spiffy and look like a newbie I tell her. She says maybe I can make some friends now that I don't look like a street person. I stopped while ahead I never win these.

Anyway MC sporting goods had all the Oasics' shirts and shorts 25% off so $52.00 later I am good until about the year 2020 I guess.

Stay cool everyone

Larry 

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Slo

Hey !

Looks like a slow start.

No run yet for me....I should try to get in a few miles late this afternoon. I'm at the plant all weekend monitoring contractor activity.

I told my DW last night we have got to concentrate on getting at least one project done in our new house. I have construction work going on building a new bedroom, drywalling the rec room, shelving and lighting on the utility side of the basement, garage storage.........and I'm working 60 hours a week......throw into the mix Dad's final weeks and passing........

So today she's painting the new bedroom. We bought carpeting for the bedroom and the rec room last night. That'll leave the trim work after I get the carpet laid. Like I said earlier....it's been Slo going. It'll be worth it when it's all done.

Jlynne.....nice to see you posting.  The sweet corn vendors have been out here but none of it's local....it's all from Missouri yet. We should have some of our local vendors selling sweet corn in another week. I've been wanting to do some on the grill but just haven't been home to do it.

I am back to commuting to work by bike ! I have to bring a change of clothes with me because I'm soaked when I get here.

"Scratch & sniff" and "colonoscopy" - words that should never be used in the same conversation.    . . . . . glad the tests came out A-OK, Tom.

Slo - Time for a much needed vacation?

5.3 miles this a.m. with about a 9:37 ap.  Felt really good the entire time, even on the inclines.  It's the kind of run that makes me want to go out and do it again some time.

Have a great Saturday, folks -

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

I really don't know how you guys run in the H&H!  It's been hot here, by mountain standards, but we're only hitting the 80s.  I planned to get up early to run, but Tazzie was sick last night and had to go out 3 times, so I was really dragging this morning.  I did get out by 8 am but it was already 62°.  I took the dogs for 3 miles, dropped them off at home and drank some water, then went back out for 4 more miles. It was 67° when I got home, and that felt pretty hot to me!  The humidity was around 20% and I know most of you would think that was cool and dry, so I'll stop complaining.  

Tomorrow I want to run longer so I'll have to get up earlier.  It doesn't cool off in the evenings till dinnertime or later, and running then interferes with family time.

Jeanne, how was your class reunion? Was your road rash the envy of all the couch potatoes?    Hope it's all healed up by now.

Sarge, enjoy the family reunion! You too, lamerunner - hope the drama is minimal. Or at least fun to watch.  Congrats on the 18 miler!

Larry, nice job scoring the spiffy new duds!  And nice that your DW actually suggested that you buy some new running stuff!  DH always rolls his eyes when I buy more - he thinks I have plenty already.  Maybe if I follow your example and let mine get all ratty...             Nah. 

Slo, sounds like you need to put your kids to work on some of those house projects! My DD has helped us on many projects, and as a result she was one of the few high school kids in her theater group who knew how to use tools.  It's a great skill for kids to learn.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I thought it was Perch who had the twofer....

Thought I would beat the heat this am but.....got in 20, but resorted to some run/walks in the last bit, finishing in 3:11......my last mile takes me through downtown.  Good thing it was the last mile, as that's when I saw the 88 on the digital billboard (we have way too many huge billboards in this state).  Pshew!

D. got into the 10 mile race at the Twins Cities Marathon (they have so many entries, that's how they do things),  so we're really happy & grateful about that.

Frank says he's hot.  It's hard being a black dog in summer.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
                              Dave59

Just stopping by to say hi.  Keep up the good running and medical testing.

I'd also like to admit to opening Vista's dead thread and clicking refresh 100+ times.    Not much else to do when when you're confined to a chair.  I hope that doesn't mess up any of his theories on human nature.