Masters Running

Mondaily, 4.22.19 (Read 40 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Yesterday:

Henrun - 3 overcast, muggy miles before watching Bruins.

Twocat - 4 of 5 intervals under 5 min. each. Nice.

Dnaff - car-washing, dog-walking kind of day.

Bioguy - maybe yard work and a jog.

anneb - 5.8 morning forest-preserve miles in 57° with sun/light winds, 1.5 with DH.

Jlynne - hosting cross-training with 27 guests + 2 miles before cleaning/laundry cross-training.

dg - 6.5 park miles with dogs & other runners before 25+ guest cross-training.

Tramps - 39 stunning Spring bike ride.

RunnerKSA - 6.7 late morning path miles, too fast, especially after yesterday's race.

Holly - 5 miles in 44-ish temps + 25 min on recumbent bike with iffy foot.

Falconfixer - traditional Easter trail run at local nature preserve at 11-min pace.

Rochrunner -  short neighborhood bike ride when walking was too painful.

Mmrun - 1 hr. of power walking.

Tet - 6 sunrise miles over Rattlesnake Lake.

Surly Bill - 4 coughing & hacking miles.

Joe618 - 4+ miles back home before Easter festivities.

Evanflein - 15.1 windy miles for a 40+ week.

Fatozzig - 15 min on the elliptical (5 min too much?) + 2 rounds of PT + 3 rounds of ice massage.

StarrRuns - Week2/Day2 of C25K + digging/raking cross-training + lake wading.

Huge crowds, Jlynne and Marj! I hope you had/will have fun with everyone.

I hope your recovery continues, S.Bill.

Holly - Looks like Zak is doing some great work. Congrats to him, and to you too.

Tet - who knew that MapMyRun and a smart phone would make you a runner? Wish I could go back to sleep after my workouts…

I had a productive day yesterday, and sprayed all our daylilies and hostas (again) to keep the deer at bay for a while longer; DW and I went for a nice neighborhood walk in the afternoon, and we had a delicious dinner of salmon with basil aioli, roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic glaze, garlic, and goat cheese, and stove-top roasted potatoes with onions and 'shrooms. 

I skipped this morning's workout in favor of a few more zzz's 'cause I was still tired. So it goes.

Have a greta Monday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Too much wine and food last night made for a sluggish 2.6 treadmill miles this morning.   Fun evening, though and now it's back to the grind at work.   Thanks for the start, Jay, and good for you for getting the rest!     Have a good morning and Monday, Masters.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Yeah Bruins - great game!

Indeed!

Thanks for the start, Jay.

Holly--good for you with Zak.

SB--glad you're on the mend. This has sounded kinda nasty.

Another nice Spring day; another 4-miler for me.

Have a good week.

ETA: Interesting look at the "other side" of Kenyan elite runners.

Be safe. Be kind.

Dave59

4 miles this morning. Started out with mostly walking with some jogging mixed in, but eventually I was able to run a mile at the end. It just felt like all the pieces of my body weren't working together.

My Garmin ripped me off this morning. We are having a 4-week step challenge at work and normally 4 miles would give get me up over 6000 step but I only got 4000 on this morning's run. I've never seen that happen before. But then when I was done, my watch wouldn't sync with Garmin until I turned it off and back on, so I guess it wasn't quite right (just like me) at the start of the day.

(In answer to Holly's question Saturday, I didn't look at my foot after the 1st day so I don't know if it was black or not. That is what people said. Every time some saw it they also asked me if I was diabetic. It was the bottom of my right forefoot and I didn't want to know what it looked like. The foot doctor said afterwards that he wished he took a "before" picture. I wouldn't have looked at that either.)

Good morning folks. Thanks for the start and recap Jay. Your dinner last night sounds delicious, especially those Brussels sprouts!

Hope your Monday isn't too painful KSA.

I'm not much of a hockey fan, but DH is, so I watched parts of the Bruins game yesterday. Pretty good stuff.

Nothing worse than being ripped off by your Garmin Dave. And take care of that foot. It sounds nasty!

Great pictures of Zak yesterday Holly. You should be very proud of that kid.

Nice to see Erika and Starr's posts yesterday. Good luck with your training Starr!

Marj - my only advice is appetizers and alcohol! There's no way I'd plan a full meal for that many people in such a limited space. As for the kids? Well, we had 12 of 'em from age 6 to 15. They broke the toilet paper holder off the wall in our downstairs bathroom, spilled a bottle of root beer on the carpet in our family room and the 6 year-old got a bloody nose from "wrestling" with the other kids.  I'm sure yours are much better behaved!

7.93 miles this morning in capris and a light jacket. No gloves or hat! Finished with 20 minutes of core and stretching.

I'm not sure if anyone's a fan, but this last season of "Veep" on HBO has been hilarious. It's pretty vulgar some times, but the way the plot lines are following what's going on in our real political word today are downright funny/creepy.

anneb

Morning! Today starts my (late) spring break. Started off with a run in 60/sun/breezy - 5.85 miles. I feel like we’ve finally turned the corner with the weather 🤞🏻

Joe- a walk off anything always makes for a great win, but no one was happy with Strop giving up that solo shot. It might take a few months for the Cubs to get one, but I don’t feel like they have a closer yet.

Dave- sorry about your steps! For what it’s worth if I have my Fitbit on my right hand when I run, it never counts right. I think that arm I swing across my body a little which screws it up. Left arm- no problem. I also felt like my body wasn’t working all that well today. I usually just blame mine on psoriatic arthritis and stick with it! I generally feel better by about 15-20 minutes in. If I only ran when I felt amazing, I’d hardly ever run 🙂

Happy Monday all!

Anne

Post of the day.

If I only ran when I felt amazing, I’d hardly ever run 🙂

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

pfriese

Morning all.

I was able to get a 9 mile run in before the forecast rain arrives.

Also, I totally agree with KSA. Post of the day & so true.

Paul

Joe618

Mega dittos!!   We ought to make that our forum's motto!!!   Thanks, Anne!!    (and, yes, Strop is an "adventure"...)

Quick check in...I'm back to reality this morning and what a reality it is.   Lots going on. 

Scheduled rest day from running. 

Figuring out my running schedule between now and mid July, when I start another Hanson's sequence. 

Rock your Monday!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

TammyinGP

Good Morning all!

Didn't get online too much over the weekend - our internet was so intermittent that it just wasn't worth the hassle. But I skimmed the last couple days and you guys were really on a roll!  Mike having logical self-arguments. It looks like Mike won that argument to me.  Leslie was in rare form. Holly has a very brag worthy post/pics! Yes, Zak will go far in his professional life with those degrees! Joe had a fabulous time with Boston friends. And I agree that Marj and Henry are just a wonderful couple to get to know. I adore them.  So much more to comment on too . . . 

We didn't have much planned over the weekend at our house. No Easter celebrations or brunches like we normally have done, although my mom said that her only wish is that we would attend church with them. So, I did go to church with them although couldn't coax my DH into that.   Then afterwards, I met up with a friend for a trail run. I got in about 11.5 miles yesterday.  It was a beautiful day out and felt good to get a few hrs in on the trails.

Talked with David last night, who started out the conversation with "Everything's okay - but - I did just get back from the hospital" - nothing like sending a panic through this mom!  He was playing basketball with a bunch of guys yesterday and not sure exactly how it happened but probably some kind of body hit and his shoulder popped out. School called ambulance to take him to hospital, xrays (not broken thankfully), doc put it back in place (he said that was the most painful thing he's ever experienced), more xrays to make sure it was in place correctly, then he finally got to go back to school. He's in a sling for a few days and I'm thankful it was not his dominant side, or he'd really have a hard time functioning for awhile.

Tammy

Welcome to Monday, Friends ~~

. . .his shoulder popped out. . . . . doc put it back in place (he said that was the most painful thing he's ever experienced),

That made my stomach do a flip flop. 

1.5 hrs of core/ST/PT/Stretching plus icing.  If things keep getting added to my routine, I'm gonna have to get up like 4 hrs before I have to be at work!

The Hub and I were pleasantly surprised a couple of weeks ago to find out "Doc Martin" is back on PBS.  We love that show!

That's it folks.  I gotta get a move on.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

...like dnaff, I say Hi to people when I'm working out.....

since

I don't like to wear my glasses,

I also

say Hi to-

mailboxes

large bushes next to the road

and

the occasional mid-sized tree

============

...but I digress......

80-degrees

....70-min RC on soccerfields,

these mower guys

know me and let me hit the edges of the fields

............Good Running to Ya.................Nice Going dg........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

dnaff

tomwhite, this cracks me up!   When I learned to swim (definitely as a senior) I'd leave my glasses on the pool deck.  I was constantly swimming into the wall and apologizing as if it were a person.

Mike E

MM #5615

...doc put it back in place (he said that was the most painful thing he's ever experienced)

Did David happen to say how painful it was for him?

TammyinGP

Did David happen to say how painful it was for him?

I'm guessing a 10, based on pain from 1-10. I wanted to ask if he cried, but figured I shouldn't ask my grown son-man about crying.   He's been lucky given all the sports he's played over the years that he really has never had a bad injury. a couple stitches and a sprained wrist once, but that's it.

made my stomach turn too Leslie.  I still can't stomach the feeling of popping a joint out of place - especially a big one like a shoulder.

Tammy