Masters Running

Saturday, 12.12.15 (Read 32 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

This is my 4th try this morning to post something. The first 3 times, I got a line or a few lines done, and then everything disappeared for no apparent reason. This time, I exited the site and started over again from the beginning, but I'm going to keep it short, just in case.

6.5 RW miles at the usual time this morning, under clear skies, with 43F temps and a bit of a westerly breeze. I started slow and kept ramping up the pace till I was working pretty hard for the last mile or so. Good stuff.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

I tried something new today on my 5 mile run. I took the roads through town and into the front entrance of Barboursville Park, ran through the park, picked up the River Trail at the back of the park, and followed that back home.  It ended up being exactly 5 miles. Pretty cool.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/980785747

It was slow though. I was a bit tired at the start and I had to walk up the big hill at the front of the park.

Cindy got home from Michigan last night with a lot of bags and boxes. Looks like she did some Christmas and personal shopping.

This is the 2nd Saturday of the month, so the men meet for coffee and donuts at the clubhouse. That is where I am headed now.

Henrun

Another beautiful shorts morning in Brooklyn running with the Manhatton skyline as a backdrop.

It doesn't get any better!!!

...mornin' guys.....

..........40-min PoolRun with belt (back kinda twingy), cf, ris

................we just broke a 140-year old record for Heat yesterday,

another 70-degree day today

gotta love it

....................good running to the rest of ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Hey everyone! I haven't posted in awhile. Life has just been too busy. But, I've been running so that's good. Mostly on the treadmill this past week. Hell, all of it on the treadmill, actually. But it's warmed up some today and I think I'll head outside later this morning. We're going to Anchorage this afternoon for a hockey game (yes, really) and will try to run on the coastal trail tomorrow morning. If not, well... oh well. I'm not training for anything and this is a good time of year to cut back so I'm not too worried about mileage. I'm sure I'll hit the 2,400 goal for the year.

Holly, your DD's teacher is in the wrong line of work, IMO. That is excessive, unless that ballerina act was the "last straw" so to speak, and she'd been doing other shenanigans earlier. Congrats to your DS on his Calculus exam results, that's awesome.  Also, look up metatarsalgia for your foot problem. Same thing that's plagued Opie and me for many years. Might need more arch support or a specific metatarsal pad.

Mike yes, keep trying. Those online applications can be a PITA but most places are going to that.

Leslie, wonderful picture of Kate and yes, that face tells it all.

Too many funerals around here lately! What a terrible time of year to lose a loved one (not that there's a good time, right).

Ok, that's about all I can remember. My TM runs in the garage have been mostly 5 milers of various efforts, but I did get a good interval workout done on Thursday to change things up a bit. Today, if I run outside, will be hills.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Dave - very cool that you are already involved in a running group there.

Erika - how far is Anchorage from you, drive-time?

DD had another basketball game today, and they got crushed again.  People with kids in sports know that some seasons you can't be beat, and other seasons you lose a lot.  This is not one of those winning seasons.  On the plus side, though, DD is getting a lot of playing time.

5 miles for me this morning in 62 breezy degrees (!) - I am loving it.  This is the latest I remember going into the cold season without yet having snow at all.  Very cool.  Probably this means we will have a truly Arctic February, but I don't care.  I will revel in the warmer temps as long as I can.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

I agree with the keep plugging away crowd, Mike. You've paid too many dues.

Thanks for for starting us, Jay

Slow or fast, Dave, five miles measures the same.

Hopefully your back un twings TW

I had the fastest 1/2 marathon in at least 7 years! 2:53:38. I love love love trails. There are opportunities to twist some dang body part or another. The things I stumbled across just blow my mind.

There was was a tractor that they wilderness reclaimed that I had to get a picture of on the second loop. It's on FB. I don't know how to post from the photo to here. I missed racing with Tag and GS #1.

H

SteveP

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

see if I can help, Steve...........

guess it worked

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Of course, I have trouble typing around pictures, so I'll just add a new post.

Out for 5 miles around the lake this morning.  Springtime in December--yet another shorts run.  Just under 50° when i finished.  Apparently i forgot to turn off my Garmin last run, as I got the low battery wanring as soon as I turned it on.  Oh well, I know how far i went.

BTW, that's a neat picture, Steve.  Nice Half, too.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

SteveP

Thank you Stumpy.

SteveP

...w0w....wonder how old that tractor is???

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

SteveP

...w0w....wonder how old that tractor is???

I talked with other people. No one else said they saw it. There were a few times I was curious as to the history of artifacts.

I didn't see it on the 2nd loop. Or there would be a picture. There was a tree bent down into the water. Enough debris gathered around the branches to form a tiny island. It had different kinds of large plants growing.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Cool tractor, Steve.

My nephew is in the hospital due to complications with type 1 diabetes.  It's his 22nd birthday, today, so I went and visited him.  When I went, I went to the wrong hospital.  He slept almost the whole time I was there.  Then, when I went to leave the parking ramp, I paid my bill and, by the time I put my wallet back in my pocket and put my seatbelt on, the gate closed.  It took another 30 minutes before a security guy came to let me out.  Another day in the life of Mike E.

I also went and watched my grandson in his basketball game.  He's in 2nd grade.  He tries hard...that's all I'll say about that.

I did 10 miles, today, in 1:18:16.  I tried hard to get into it...but, I'm just not feeling it.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

Steve - Great HM!

Mike - I hope your Sunday goes more smoothly....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."