Masters Running

Saturday's Daily 3.22.14 (Read 43 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Echoing what you all said about David.  Grate news, Tammy!

Agree Sarah is a stand-up comic in the making.

Came here to wish all the racers good luck, runners tail winds and relaxing weekends to everyone who needs one.

And that I want to join dg and ride one of her 2 nifty bikes  with her for a fun time.  When you're up for it.

Oh, and I have a 5K to get to, so I'm off!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Maniac 505

Tet:

Good luck at Dizzy days.  I sincerely hope You don't get lost.   I understand the race director has been out much of the night marking the course.  SR Lopez asked if this is an up, or a down year.  I didn't see an answer.  For your sake I hope this is a down year.

Just remember.  If there is ever any doubt about which trail to take,  turn left!

DIZZY DAZE WEATHER ADVISORY
      We have some bad news.  
      The weather report for this weekend is looking uncharacteristically warm and pleasant, so we might not be able to provide the usual windy, miserably cold downpour and puddle-filled trail that we have in the past.  If any of you are dismayed by this, then we will have bags of ice and water that we could throw on you as you run past the main aid station to simulate the typical miserable experience we normally provide.  The truly desperate can run a couple of laps in the lake itself too, if you want..

This is one of the trail markings .  If you get here and see 7714,    turn around!

hill

oh and Tammy:  AWESOME news about David.  It will be fun to see where that kid goes.

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

DD decided to butcher trim the tree in the backyard, so the whole family has spent the last 2.5 hours filling trailer loads of wood and branches.  While DH takes the trailer to the city dump, the kids and I have been trimming branches and lugging logs and branches up the hill in the back yard in readiness for the next loading.  Three trailer loads so far, one to go.  This is excellent cross-training...

5 miles this morning in 44 windy degrees.  With yet another cold front moving in tonight, this morning would have been the better day for a LR, but family duties come first.

Good luck to the racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...GoodTip divechief//.............GoodLuck tet.........

============

.45mprnb

ws

..................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

A hearty pat on the back to David!

Holly, that tree picture is a scream.

Day off from running today so I took Lucy von Sheltie to the park for a walk. She did 1.1 miles then tugged at the leash to go home.  Wuss dog.

Yard work today with the Saint.    Spareribs

My BAA 5k # is 2155 - running that as an easy shake out the legs run - not racing it, Marathon # 33375 4th wave, corral 7 ---- can't believe yesterday was exactly 1 month until Boston!!

Aamos - I would really love to hit a 4:10 ....trying to envision the finish line and that time up on the finish clock .... but hard to see because the finish clock will be running from the start of the 1st wave!!!   Wave 4 starts at 11:25 and being back in corral 7 means it will probably take me 10 minutes to get to the start line!!

Tammy - congrats on David -- he is really one cool kid!!

Holly - great functional cross-training?

((TW))

Yesterday I did a boot camp class taught by one of my crazy friends!!  After the class I went out and ran an attempted tempo run - hahaha - after beating up my legs in class, then the inclines in the road and the headwind there was NO tempo going on for me!!  Strangely enough - my legs still felt strong despite not being able to pick up the pace .....still 7.2 miles at a respectable pace in the books!!  I treated myself to an hour massage after all that - only regret was that it wasn't a 90 minute massage!!    Taking today as a rest day since I will be heading down to Sandwich, MA shortly for a retreat related mass/meeting then tomorrow have 17 planned with some MVS friends!!

Have a wonderful Saturday my friends!!

denise

New skirt in town

17.1 miles today on the Boston Marathon course, with my friend Donald.  Donald is way speedier than I am, but he runs all of his runs fast and gets injured easily.  So I've been on a mission to make him run long SLOW miles with me!  We had a wonderful time.  He is also my son's 4th grade teacher, and so it took us a while to start running together because I think we were trying to be mindful of boundaries, etc.  Now that we have done several runs together, we are so glad that we finally made it happen!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

Great pictures Robin!!

denise

C-R

Just trying to catch up a bit.

WTG David!

Holly - it looks like the utility tree trimmers have been in your area.

Ribs - Lucy has shorter legs so each mile = 3 miles (she's about 1/3 your stride) so it was a 5k.  My rough collie (Mickey - yes after the mouse) went for exactly one run with me. Made it 1.2 mile and laid on the ground and wouldn't move until I turned to go home.

Nice run Robin. Did the gorilla run the whole way with you too?

I had a local HM this morning. Ran a 1:29:49 so managed to beat my goal and get a 3AG too. I have that good tired feeling but have 4 hours of soccer practice. I expect I will sleep well tonight.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Robin--is that marj's cousin again?  Speaking of Boston, there was a good article on Dave McGillivray in the Globe yesterday (just got back and catching up on reading)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/style/2014/03/20/dave-mcgillivray-marathon-transformed/Le74Cv04u34yBTdqLFJkyO/story.html

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

coastwalker

Hi everyone!

Congrats to David on his successes! And to you too, Tammy.

Nice to see Troy posting again. Where's Lamerunner? (Probably still skiing.)

I hope the 5K went well, AamosY.

Good advice, divechief.

Sounds like a great family project, Holly, as well as good cross-training. Getting a bit warmer here: It was 30 when I started out this morning, and dropped another 2-4 degrees before I got back.

Good job in the pool, TW.

Boot camp, a tough run, and a massage - nice start to your day, Deeze.

Good luck with your mission to get Donald to slow down a bit, Robin. Great pics! And a nice run today.

Congrats on beating your goal time, and on the AG hardware in your half, C-R. 4 hours of soccer practice is a heck of a cool-down!

How are you feeling, Stumpy?

dg - I get to start my workouts in daylight in mid-late June, around the Summer Solstice. But it's a short season...

Just a scooch over 15 RW miles under more good moonlight this morning. I went a little further than I expected, but it was a good workout. But I didn't like that the temp kept dropping along the way - I was at a good temp for the first few miles, but was unpleasantly chilled by the time I got back home. Then I had to hurry to get to our conservation commission site walks on time. And right after that, DW and I went to another winter farmer's market, and made a stop at Trader Joe's on the way back. Good day.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Henrun

Good summary as usual, Jay. Returned from Ohio on Thursday. DD better but still long way to go. Glad we were there but difficult to see how much more she has to improve. Unless she needs us we don't plan to return until end of May for GS' high school graduation.

Marj headed up to NH today to see DD and grandkids. I went for a 4 miler (2 days in a row) and ended up with knee pain. Its fine when I walk, so guess I'll take a few days off from running.

Mariposai

What a great shot of Robin and her RP. Where on the Boston course is that statue? I would have loved to have a picture taken there.

Holly, those family projects are excellent for family together time. I miss my helpers when it comes to doing yard work. I am now pretty much on my own since both kiddos are gone.

Tetsujin, have fun today. I have to remember that race for next year.

TW, I did some pool running while in Canada a few weeks back. I thought of you! Wow, it is not easy to pool run.

Spareribs is tapering for a race?

CR, congrats on your AG win! Speedy runner you are!

6 sproinky miles up Duck Lake Canyon and around the orchards.

Saturday is here!!! Yiipiee!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

NHLA

9 miles 1 hr 40 min art lobe trail  great day;

robin great pics.

Mike E

MM #5615

Robin--great picture of you and your son's 4th grade teacher, but...who's the guy in the hat?