Masters Running

Inauguration Day runs and whatever ... (Read 455 times)

Today is Inauguration Day and whether you supported for Obama or not, today is a day to celebrate another smooth transition of power. Our country is deeply divided on many fundamental issues. But we never fail to support a system which enables continuity of our Leaders. Today was short Repeat day in this mini-taper week. 7.1 miles altogether (8:32) with 6x1/4 mile with 1/4 mile RI. 7:08, 7:07, 7:04, 6:52, 6:43, and 6:48. I remember how thrilled I was when I did this workout several months ago and saw all the 6's at the beginning of my paces. My confidence was sky high and it carried over to a PR HM. This morning I expected the 6's. (Not sure if that's a good thing or not!) Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Byll ...You got three sixes.. 666 Smile Goal today in the nice falling snow was hills at MP targeting 7:55 pace for each of four 2.2 mile loops. Result: 8.8 miles in 1:09:35 (7:55 pace, AHR 157). The hills got easier and faster as they progressed. It was a nice feeling to run on cushy snow ..maybe an inch.. everything closed around here (NC triangle). Alot of folks get to stay home and watch the Inauguration.. great timing.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning.. Very nice runs there Bill and Steve...very well done to both of you. After the events of yesterday and the uproar I caused by my easy 3 mile run (I thought I was doing the right thing) I need to step away from RA for a short period of time. I know EVERYONE here has my best interest at heart, and you want the best for me and my foot. I truly respect everyone's opinion on how I should return to running, but geez....way too much information for this guy to figure out. I can't please everyone, but I need to do what is right for me, which I understand that is what worries people the most...Tim trying to do what right is right with his "all or nothing attitude" - type A personality - run through anything way of living and running. You would NOT believe all the information - suggestions - chastisement - well wishes - and such I received from RA, Facebook, Work Email, and Home Email yesterday. Again, I know you all care for me very much and that is your motivation trying to help me. But this has totally been too much for this guy at this moment to handle, just trying to return to something I love and am sooo passionate about....like all of you. What am I going to do from here, don't have a clue. But I can promise all of you I am not going to hurt myself again, and will take it easy till my full return to running. Actually, the best advice I think I got, was just to run a mile every other day for a week or two and see how I feel, and use that as a stepping stone to slowly increase my mileage. Thanks to each and every one of you for being not only my running Buddies, but very good Friends too....I love you all. Sincerely and Sadly, TimBo PS: I won't be lurking here either, till I figure all this stuff out. How long will I be gone, heck who knows, but you all will be in my thoughts I can guarantee ya that.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Tim - you can sort it all out. Come back when you're ready. These folks are the best, and only have your best interests in mind. 12 on the TM. Puddles O' Sweat. Dreams can be realized. Good luck, Mr. President.
          umwb

Good Morning everyone! 3 Miles on tread mill.. 8.5 miles on bike. Have a great day all.
            When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !
            Slo

Good Luck Tim ! Sometimes pace is no indication of how hard a run was........BTW Great run Perchcreek Last nights 4.3 miler was completed in a light snow fall. The temps here have been low teens to single digits so the snow that is on the streets is what I call foundry sand. It's too cold to turn into slush.....it's been churned, turned and mixed with road grime. It's crystalized......it's not hard snow pack......it's just oozes out from beneath the tires. It's worse than beach sand. When you plant your foot in it, it doesn't give. When you push off you can feel your foot slip. As your push off foot rises it brings a glob of this sand like snow up......flinging it behind you. Your full stride is cut short by about a 3rd. 4.3 miles......8:40 pace and I felt like a ran 8 at 7:55 ( Wink , perchcreek )
                Fast runs Bill, Steve (pc) and Steve (sh)! No traffic on I-270 towards DC this morning Confused -- I guess everyone had already gotten down there or were scared away. 6.1 miles, 56:44, 9:21/mi, AHR 137 And I started doing the core workout from the latest issue of Runner's World. I hope to do this three times a week, and stretch the other four days. Tim - PBJ is right -- we all care and sorry if there was any chastisement.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nice runs this morning!! I've never been very political, so to speak, but I find myself excited about today's inauguaration. Tim - you know we love you!! Guess it will be the treadmill for me this evening. At -11 at home this morning I opted for a cup of coffee and a dog lap warmer. Big grin Cheers!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

annied

annied the lurker here (well, not so much lately). I promised anyone doing Boston a place to stay and/or a bus ride to the start (in a coach bus with a bathroom) and am making good on my promise. Just let me know. Hope all training is going good. 5 slow miles today after yesterday's sloshy 15. too much snow here in the boston area.
                      Tim - I hope you're not leaving RA because of my comments to you yesterday. You know we all have your best interests at heart. You're our friend, and we care about you. Good luck as you recover from your injuries, and when you're ready - come back and join us. You'll be missed!Sad 5 miles on the dreadmill this morning, 9:31 pace followed by a pilates class and 1/2 hour on the bike. Today is truly an historical day. As Breger mentioned in his post, whether you voted for BO or not, he deserves a smooth transition of power. The Sunday New York Times Magazine had some great pictures of his new cabinet and some great articles that tested your knowledge on political "trivia." Hope some of you got a chance to look at them. Have a great inauguration day, everyone.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

TMI for TIM... poor guy.. no harm meant by anyone frien.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

when you get confused by too much conflicting advice, put your hands over your ears and say "LAA LAA LAA" to drown it out!
                          I always knew Carolyn was the voice of reason around here. Nice thought, Byll. Perch—for a second I thought that was a chart of your pulse; nice run! Tim—good luck. PBJ—good to see you posting regularly. Can we get a 6-mile tempo run done on a somewhat sore ankle? Yes we can! 6 @ 7:16 + 3.6 wu/cd @ 8:36. Entering this in my log I realized my tempo runs now blow away my 10K PRs. I really have to run one of those again someday. As the difficult realities sink in, the Obama hype will subside, of course. But it sure is nice to see so many people hopeful for the future and talking about working together for a change. Enjoy the energy of the day.

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Tramps I like the 10k's the best. It's not the same kind of "pain" that a 5k brings. There is a little more strategy and it dosen't leave you shot for the next 2 weeks. I've noticed that there are fewer and fewer 10k's. It seems like the 8k's and 4 milers have taken it's place. Cry My race Schedule thru March Feb 7th 4 mile (goal race) Feb 22nd 4 Mile Mar 14th 5K Mar 29th 4 Mile As you can see 4 mile is a pretty popular distance.

Renee the dog

Tim, for a confused guy, your post and plan sounds very centered! Sad for the going away part. Please accept my apologies for coming at you so hard yesterday. It is just that I would hate to see you sacrifice all the repair you've already done when you don't have a deadline race looming. {{{Tim}}} Well boo hoo Cry about my planned 3 mi run under the stars last night -- streets and sidewalk suddenly turned to sheets of ice as the temp dropped about 6 hours early! It was really fun skating around a couple blocks to simply get Renee's walk in. Soooo, it was still icy this morning -- but, it's thawing out now! Mr Nono is off a conference call in 15 min, so he can watch the kids for a few min. My plan: To gingerly run the couple blocks to the sand and then have a "Running like Phoebe from Friends" romp on the sand with Renee. It drives my Garmin nuts. Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

WRFB, those core exercise in RW are the best, aren't they? Just enough to fit into our daily routine. Timbo, may you find the balance you are seeking for...we will be here for you when you are ready...happy journey. Running out of time, I need to start driving the 2 hours to the airport to catch the metal bird that will take me to San Diego and Mexico for a week of conference and fun. I don't know how much posting I will be able to do, but best wishes to all on our training this week. Holly, thanks for your gift of time yesterday. It was fun chatting with you. Erika, wanna have a slumber party on the phone this week? Let me know via personal mail. Twocat...guidance for you two as you make your decision about your urologist. Spareribs...you are one of the kind.Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard