Masters Running

Saturday, 1.28.17 (Read 35 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Good workouts yesterday: Deeze (22.22 miles of cold-fighting computraining, 2.25 windy miles outside); Tramps (10 mild/gusty trail miles); Dave (8 good miles); Rochrunner (3 trail miles); C-R (4 improving miles); Holly (1,250 yds in the pool, them 5 TM miles); Marj (3-4 pre-downpour miles in Ft. Lauderdale); Mike (6 pre-twin granddaughter birthday dinner miles); Catwhoorg (7.7 hill miles); BerthaSlayer (1 streak-maintaining TM mile); Flats (5 TM miles); Evanflein (4.2 daylight, headlamp-nose-bonkingless miles).

It's good to see that everyone has an opinion about pizza. And beer.

Tammy, I like the way the stream in your painting flows right onto the paint plate below it!

Leslie, "bozo" just begins to describe the guy driving on the seawall in that video.

Good work with the smoker, Twocat. You sure do some interesting math.

I woke up on time this morning, but was still tired. I had some extra time, so I slept for another hour, and then went out for a brisk 7.76 miles in 34F temps with a noticeable SW breeze - it was nice to finish my workout in daylight for a change. Then out to breakfast with DW, and then we're taking a neighbor to our favorite indoor farmer's market.

Have a greta Saturday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Hey Jay and the rest to join.

It is nice that the days are getting longer. Good workout.

I couldn't find any of my cold weather pants. Seriously where are they. Not running outside when its 28 and 10mph breeze in shorts. So I decided to run on the treadmill for my long run. Nice easy 6 while watching some soccer. Still pain free and getting stronger.

Well off to sectional wrestling and then I have to build out a closet.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Morning all!!  Justin is 29 today and moving back home!! I slept last night with his almost 4yr old snuggled against my body all night - its good and not good!!

Ran pre-Fudgcicle 3.2 miles from my house to the race, picked up the pace to race the 5k altho still feeling very sinusy, ran 3.9 miles home to get my 10.2 for the day. Home to go to Donna's Donuts with Justin and Maria -- where I did NOT eat the donuts!!

Holly -- I will be "alone" as in without hubby, but not alone since I will be with about 20 of my campground friends and will be rooming with one of the single women Smile

Marj - we go out of Miami on Sat 2/4

Happy Saturday friends!!

denise

Good morning folks. Thanks for keeping everyone up to speed every day, Jay. Much appreciated. I wish our indoor farmer's market was more frequent than once a month during the winter. I guess it's because it's too cold to grow anything around here!

Good luck finding your cold weather running stuff C-R, and good luck at the wrestling sectionals.

Hope you feel better Deez. Nice sinusy run this morning! And you were very brave to not eat any doughnuts

My heel is still giving me fits. And, not being a particularly smart person, I'm still trying to run on it. It was cold, overcast and windy this morning and I knew I would need a few walking breaks so I went to the Y and did 6 on the treadmill, then 20 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes of weights and core. I'm icing now and it hurts like h&#$ when I walk. Time to take some Aleve I think....

Great special on "20-20" last night about Mary Tyler Moore. She had some tragedy in her lifetime, that's for sure.

All you folks escaping to warm weather, enjoy it. And bring back some sun, would 'ya?!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

There's still no sun here either. I forget what it looks like. It will be a culture shock to feel it when I leave on Thursday. I promise to try to bring it back home  with me.

Ran hill repeats today. 8 miles including 8 Berthas.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

flats

turtle runner eximious

12.5ish for me this AM  on the TM
              Stay warm out there peeps.

Michael

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning everybody!

I was woken up by my phone ringing at 6:20, this morning,  I guy from work was calling me to tell me he would be there in a few minutes.  That would have been nice...if I were working today and was even out of bed yet!  After lying there stewing about it for few minutes, I drug myself out of bed and did my run.  10 miles.

So--with only 10 more states to go I'm starting to think about a new goal.  7 continents?  I already have 1 done, so I only need 6 more!  I read a little bit about the Antarctica Marathon--if I put in $300 deposit, now, I can get in the 2020 event...which is perfect timing, really.  I told Debbie my new plan.  She said she would love to go Antarctica--she has a friend who was born there.  the I told her that, with the lowest airfare that I could find, it would cost just over $10,000 a piece...not including our food.  I guess I have to come with a new goal...

Dinner with twins was fun...they are just a great couple of kids.  Here they are...

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Very pretty girls Mike!

Tramps

Tammy--nice painting. Don't listen to 2cat.  Those aren't "haunting;" they're "Happy little trees."

Just a short 4.3 mile run today to partially make up for a missed run earlier this week.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E I know the antarctic marathon is pricey. Have you looked into Marathon Tours (or some similar name)? They put together marathon travel packages and have one to antarctica. If it comes with airfare, the whole shebang may come in at less than 10 grand.

SteveP nice job with PhotoShop and the tree.  It does look like a Halloween setup.

coastwalker I am not sure if anyone has told you but if you wait until after say 7am you can go out for your race walk in daylight every day! Just trying to be helpful here.

deez4boyz did not eat the donuts! You have way more willpower than I do. I LOVE donuts!

Jlynne hmm, I suspect your "farmers" at the market are getting their wares from the same warehouse facility as your local supermarket. Hard to imagine where else they can get produce this time of year.

Mike E I can see why getting woken up like that would make for a poor start to the day.

This morning the local Joggers Club had a 9 mile route planned out. I went to the beach area where they start and ran 3 before they were set to start. I then joined them for what turned out to be a 10 mile route. Oh well. My planned new longest run of 12 ended up as my new longest run of 13. I ran with a friend of mine who I really wish would take 6 weeks off. They poor guy is limping down hills. He just has that "have to qualify for Boston again so I can finally run it" monkey on his back and he cannot shake it.

In non-running news, my salmon is smoking as I type this and it looks really good!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Loved Steve's spooky tree last night, but hey if you tell the kids it followed you down the trail, they'll never go out again!

Holly, I don't remember the pizza but I do remember the Bud Light. Still shaking my head.

Find those winter pants, C-R! Anything above 10° calls for outside running! Unless you have a snowstorm or freezing rain, then you get a pass.

Jay, it sounds like you're getting back to it? The damnstring is holding up?

Sorry to hear about Justin, Deez, and good job on the race and running when you're not feeling well. Hopefully no lingering ill-effects.

It's not as warm out today, but it's still going to be above zero (maybe 10 or 11° later today), with snow forecast for later this afternoon and colder tomorrow. So....... long run today! 20 miles on tap, I'll let you now how it goes.

spacityrunner

3.2 slow miles at our LRC's last winter series run.  There was some hillage, so I am happy with the pace (42 min).  Sunny and cool made for IRC.

Trails Rock!

catwhoorg

Labrat

7 miles for me this morning.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly -- I will be "alone" as in without hubby, but not alone since I will be with about 20 of my campground friends and will be rooming with one of the single women Smile

Awesome - bet you'll have way more fun! 

Mike - Cute girls!

My wonderful DS turns 20 years old on 1/31 - how the time has flown.  DH and I are going to a friend's surprise 50 year birthday party tonight, so DS is having a small party at our house.  I am making some birthday cake and various munchies for he and his friends to enjoy, and also some to take with us to our party.  So, off to the kitchen I go.....

13 miles for me today in 28 degrees with a face-freezing headwind that seemed to be coming from 3 different directions.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

2cat - I can see the haunting look to it as well. I guess forests can be like that. maybe I should have painted Yogi peeking out between those birches.  a Yogi photobomb. sweet!

short run after work yesterday. only 2.3 miles. I had about 1/2 hr to get in a run so I could get home and we could still eat at a decent dinner time. but ended up taking over an hour by the time I called police on a homeless guy giving me sh&t and then hung around waiting for the officer to finish up his talk with him and then talk to me.  Apparently, the homeless guy said I was harassing him, screaming profanities at him, etc. so he felt justified in throwing his trash at my car, yelling at me, etc.  oh, and he had just been OR'd from jail that morning after a long foot chase by police, trespassed from several businesses for harassing them, threatening to break windows, etc.  oy! 

will get in a run in a bit with the dogs on the hometrails. Bella especially has really been bugging me this morning to get outside and DO something!

oh, just got a call from David. Oh a whim he decided to join the bowling team this winter. He's improved ALOT - used to bowl about 130's, now he's in the 180 range. overall, their team isn't that great - just david and a couple seniors are good. So, today's districts should have been the last event of the year. well, he called during lunch to say they are all bowling great and if it ended right now, they'd be going to state. Still have to see how the afternoon session rolls out though. 

ok, gotta go.

Tammy