Masters Running

Masters racing report for the weekend of 11/17 &18 (Read 21 times)

Mariposai

Wishing a speedy race for our weekend racers and...

don't forget to come back here to tell us all about it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

Chill Your Cheeks 5K in Yukon OK

Just a quick report on yesterday evenings 5K race. I was a last minute sign up for this local race that I've never raced. This is the weekend of the Route 66 & Flying Monkey Marathon. I usually run one these 2 races every year. Having run NYC in early November, I was free to run it this year. It is run through a large, holiday light decorated park and the runners are the first allowed through on the opening night. It's neat that we are the first to see it. There were a lot of costumed runners; elves, reindeers, Santas, etc along with 500 normally dressed runners. Of course I ran in my Santa running outfit. A cold front was moving through at the start of the race with 20-30 mph wind and temperatures falling from 55 degrees down to 42 degrees by the finish. I had a good race finishing with a time of 23:50 which was good for 1AG & 25th OA.

Hot chocolate at the end was great, too.

Paul

Congrats!  My half marathon here was nothing to report about except to say that somehow my HR reached a high I haven't seen in years, 189.  Paul, we'll be in OKC Thursday morning and there's a chance I might run one of the 5k's.  Will have to pack warmer running gear than I wear here!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

spinach

I ran in a 5k on Saturday. It was put on by the orthopedic center here in St Cloud so I thought it would be good for my race in case my knee went bad.  Actually this was my 200 consecutive month that I have run a race and this race was the only one that I have run every year in the streak, 17th time for this race.  It was in the teens and a bit of wind so it was a little cold but not too bad. I won the 60-69 age group with a time of 22:27. Maybe I will be able to add another 100 months.