Masters Running

Wednesday daily, 6.12.13 (Read 48 times)

SteveP

Holly, you are anything but a downer. You are the opposite of a downer.

SteveP

Mariposai

Holly, you are anything but a downer. You are the opposite of a downer.

+1.

I wish the best for your mama and the family.

Tamster, how wonderful that your son is coaching you! I warms my heart to read this. Now, don't you disappoint the coach!

Nine sunshine smiles miles for me this morning. What can I say...I simply loved it!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly,  I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  ALS is tough.

PBJ - congrats on 1st AG at Hatfield/McCoy!  I've heard that's a fun race.

Happy Anniversary, Janie!  And Happy belated anniversary to Dave!

Leslie, good luck on the job search.  I hope something perfect comes along. If you need references from imaginary internet running friends, let me know!

I'm heading out tomorrow to northern Wyoming, for the Bighorn 50k on Saturday.  DH and I are camping and rock climbing, too, and taking the dogs.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

So sorry to hear that, Holly.  DW's best friend from college passed away from ALS a few years ago--not at all easy to deal with.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm heading out tomorrow to northern Wyoming, for the Bighorn 50k on Saturday.  DH and I are camping and rock climbing, too, and taking the dogs.

"Okay, I just ran a 50k...now, what should I do?  Hey, I'll go do some rock climbing!"  That's wild.  Good luck and have fun!

TammyinGP

My son is a tough coach, but he definitely pushed me on this workout. and frankly, if I didn't know that he would grill me about my splits and analyze them, tell me how to improve, etc. I probably would have stopped after the 4th 400 because I was sucking wind BIG TIME!

I ran the two 800's at 3:55.

then,

5x400m = 1.51 (bah), 1:49, 1:46, 1:43 and 1:45.

ended up with a total of 4.2 miles in 36:20, so I was happy with my effort.

His feedback to me: not bad. you're getting there. you had two good intervals (he thinks I should have run all of them under 1:45! I was just happy to get in the 1:40's!) dang, he's tough to please. Roll eyes

Tammy

Tammy - Hope your coach doesn't end up killing you.

Holly - Not a downer.  Just in need of some {{{virtual hugs}}}.  Hang in there.

So SteveP's job as improved??

Ribs - Why does it seem that bomb threats and actual bombs are following you around these days?  I think I'll keep my distance for awhile.

What's today?  (look at the thread title, stupid.)  When was I last in here?  I don't know.  So 5 miles yesterday after work (things are getting better) and 30 min of core/strength training this morning.

Thanks, Carolyn.  I had an attorney call me this afternoon and we're gonna get together next week when he gets back to town.  He's a very nice man, but he's definitely retirement age so I don't know how much longer he intends to work or how busy he is, and being a solo practitioner, I doubt he provides medical benefits.  I need a job with benefits, which is why I am continuing to apply for openings at the local university and look for positions with the cities and county.  And I gotta get my butt in gear and do a full on mailing to all the local attorneys and larger medical practices in town (which aren't many).  With 28 years of secretarial experience and 16 of those as a paralegal/legal assistant, I'm a great freaking catch!!!  I just need the right employer to realize that, pay me the wage I want I'm worth, give me the 3 weeks of vacation I would've had coming to me this January (after going from 4+ weeks to 2 weeks when I got my current job), and provide medical benefits.  (These past 3 1/2 years are the first time I haven't had to pay for my own medical insurance in almost 20 years.)  Personally, I don't think I'm asking for too much.  I'm worth it, if I say so myself.  . . . . and obviously I do. Approve   . . . . . Wink

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Opie - hope you can get some more runs up here in the PNW so we can run a few barefoot miles together. Lots of promises from other boomers but nothing but beaches, hot tubs, etc. so far. Two miles for an introductory foray is very impressive. What got into you? Hope your soles are okay.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)