Masters Running

5-Week Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Start Day (Read 363 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, folks, I got on the scale this morning to establish my starting weight and went OH MY GOSH....! Pret-ty scary, let me tell you. And I thought I had been being pretty careful this week, too. Glad I didn't weigh last Sunday. I guess it's good that I have the added hormonal bloat advantage today - makes that first week's weightloss maybe a little easier.... Big grin At any rate, I wrote that scary number on the calendar, and I'll try very hard to lose 5 lbs in the next 5 weeks. Doesn't help that we have big eating events scheduled for 3 of the next 4 weekends... Sad

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good luck Holly. I, too, weighed myself this morning....as I do evrymorning. Not too bad. Down about 3 pounds from about 3 months ago. I'm readjusting my goal and will try and lose 6 pounds. 5 weeks may be to short of a time for the full 6 punds, but let's go!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

So, when I picked up the scale at the old house, I grabbed a lot of baking tools in the kitchen. So when I unpacked the boxes, I did it in the kitchen, and of course there was the scale. We have this small walk in pantry, so I thought to myself, "Gee, if I put the scale on the floor in there, maybe it'll be a good motivational tool not to snack too much." In it went. Just fit. Went in the kitchen this morning and started prepping the stuff for our omelets. Remembered it was weigh in day. Went to the closet. Decided to get a "true" reading. Closed the door and took of my pjs. Right as I was getting my number, door opened and staring at my back half naked self is my husband, 2 kids, and the dog. Apparently, they were there to get a snack. After seeing my naked rear-end, they declined, and hastily retreated. I put my pjs on and turned around. Renee, the dog, was still there. The look on her face was priceless. I'm really glad dogs can't dial the phone, or I'm pretty sure she'd be spending the day trying to find a professional to come evaluate me. So we made breakfast, and sat down. Casually, I mentioned to my husband that I'm in this little challenge. About a minute later he says, "I get it. No dessert." (from the other night) A couple more minutes go by and he says, "So, what were you doing in the closet?" Turns out he hadn't seen the scale. LOL My number was 132.6 lbs. I should go weigh myself again, because we laughed so hard for 5 min I might have burned off a couple ounces. Big grin (I hope you don't mind me putting my number here -- it's just the easiest place for me to keep track of it.)

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh NoNo that is SO funny!!! Especially the part of him not seeing the scale and having no clue why you were in the pantry nekid! I weighed in this morning too - although Monday is my normal day to weigh myself. If I'm going to keep up the Thursday weigh ins, I have to find a new spot for my scale too. I don't have a walk in pantry .... The number scared me - and I too will just post it to help keep my honest. 138.8 (YIKES!) 134 or below here I come!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

NoNo – you had me rolling! Too funny! I, too, weigh myself in the buff (or panties), first thing in the morning, but I keep the scale in the hall bathroom, which has a lock on the door.... Okay, if you are going to post your weight, I’ll join in: 117 lbs for me this morning. I realize that that may not seem like a huge weight, but for a small framed woman who’s 5’ 1.5”, that’s seriously close to oompa-loompa weight. Although my best weight is about 108, my happy weight is about 111 lbs. Six extra lbs means I’m dangerously close to busting out of my pants. I haven’t been this heavy since I was pregnant. Sad

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

The positive thinker in me wants me to believe that the extra pound I put on is just muscle weight since I have been doing more weight training Cool. Anyway...I too found the scale this morning...wrote the number (142) on the calendar and let the "loosing weight" quest begin. Thanks Holly for this great idea.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for the laugh, Nono!! I read your account out loud to DH. I can't believe it, but with running I've maintained my weight right where it should be for over a year. My doctor laughed when I asked if it would be OK to lose a couple of pounds. He said he guessed so, but I really didn't need to. I'm glad I can brag to you guys - I can't tell my friends who have more than just a few pounds to lose!
                evanflein

Teresa you've already done such as amazing job on the weight loss journey, the fact that you've maintained so well is wonderful. Good job and brag away! Nono, I have got to meet you some day. What a riot.The way you describe the inane details of daily life are just priceless. Thanks. Holly... Oompa Loompa. Ha. I doubt it. Ok, my turn. I'm on a weight loss challenge over at Kick Runners as well as a "dream racing weight" type thing on another forum here. Weigh ins are on Wednesday at KR, Friday at the other RA forum, and Wednesdays here. Hmmm, no place to hide! Good thing I hop on the scale every day anyway... Last night I ran a good 8 miles with intervals on the TM, ate a good dinner, limited snacking and wine to just with dinner, no sweets, and lots of water (3 pint glasses...). Bucking the trend of others wanting to start with a high weight to make the loss or maintenance over the next 5 weeks easier... I'm down 2 lbs today from my KR weight. 143.5

Renee the dog

Holly, I always say, "If someone has clothes they can't fit into and used to do so, then they have the right to want to lose weight." So I hear ya girl! Thanks folks for enduring my closet story today...it is still astonishing to me what it is actually like to be a stay-at-home-Mom. I used to think the work I did was nuts, but this job really takes the crazy cake.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

oh, I wasn't going to do this. last time it backfired. day after weigh-in registered in my addled brain as TIME TO EAT... and then there were the discussions of food which never even entered my mind until i'd read about them in our healthy weight loss challlenge thing.. Roll eyes still think i'll try it. I'm going for a healthier mental outlook this time... don't have 3 weigh-ins, like Erika, but that might not be a bad idea. so far just here & the body composition scale which is every other week. anyway. I weighed 119 this morning, which actually is a good weight for me. (i'm 5'4 1/2") But I'm not happy with my fat %, &, well, it's tights season. what can I say. i'm just going for 2 lbs. Nono... it's such a great story. mta. i don't tell anyone what i weigh. i can't believe i just posted it online. Holly, can we lock this thing??
                      TammyinGP

I finally got on the scale this a.m. also,which I haven't done for about 2 wks and I've barely been running and have indulged more than once, much more than once, over the past few wks. I am about the same as I was last time I weighed in, so was ok with that. I won't post my starting weight, but suffice it to say, I'd be thrilled with any of the numbers you other ladies posted Shy If I maintain through Dec, I'm good with that. If I lose 2-3 lbs I'm even happier. Long term goal is to be down 10 by next summer. The same 10 I wanted to lose in 2008 Roll eyes

Tammy

Dutchie42

Got on the scale this morning too: 59.6kg = 131.12 pounds (US). I just want to maintain this month. Any weight I loose is a bonus. Nono: hilarious story. Teresa: fancy meeting you here Big grin

Dutchie
                          Run the day, or the day runs you.

anachrotech

My lack of running for several months in addition to other vices have contributed to my gaining 15 lbs. I won't lose that in 5 weeks, but hopefully I lose some of it. Now I'm starting again - running and watching what I eat. I was rather proud of myself at lunch today. I don't normally go out to lunch, however, I was at a Thai restaurant and I usually eat everything on my plate even if I feel like I'm going to bust. I only ate half of it and will have the rest in a day or two. Well, it's a start.
                            evanflein

I'm going out for Thai for lunch also! That almost guarantees me a +2 change from the water retention. That fish sauce is good but salty!! Will try to eat only half and bring the rest home.
                                Nono - Great story! I was cracking up! Weight - The last time I weighed (coupla days ago), it was 142.9, but that was BBW (Before Bloat Weight). My target is 140 (I'm 5'8"). This is fairly easy to maintain without feeling like I'm starving myself. Lately, however, I've fluctuated between 142 and 146. Not sure why. Won't be able to hit a scale until probably Monday or Tuesday as I will be out of town. Maybe my 30k on Sunday will get rid of the extra!

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance