Masters Running

Sunday July 19 Summertime Runs (Read 286 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

8.25 for me this morning, surprisingly pleasant considering yesterday's hard effort.  The first 7 miles were an unintentional progression run as my legs just got looser and more fluid, with the first mile at 10:36 and each mile slightly faster until mile # 7 which was 9:35, then the last uphill mile a slower 10:07.

Off to church now.  Happy Sunday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good Morning everyone!! 

nice start Holly - wish i could get my legs to do that -- i just get slower and slower with each mile.  no run today but did 7.3 yesterday with a 10:33 avg pace........time for me to get ready for church too.

have a wonderful Sunday friends...........will be with my son again from 1-3 and 6-7......he looked much better yesterday from where this week started so i hope each day continues to be an improvement!

denise

Tramps

Denise--very glad to hear your son's doing better.  And glad to see your still getting some runs in for yourself during this stressful time.

I did about the same as Holly....except this was my "long" run! 

8.3 miles @ 9:25.

ETA: I just checked for the first time in a long time and was pleasantly surprised to find that, despite my layoff, I'm still ahead of the 2000-mile pace bunny.  But he's so close I can smell the carrots on his breath.

Be safe. Be kind.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Denise, great news about your son.  I'll be thinking about you guys.

Steve, you gave me my first laugh of the day, and I needed it -

"I know what you mean Teresa. I slouch amongst the mighty runners here....At least I've got my looks."  Yeah!

With my family here, there are 10 people in our house.  We're starting to feel it!  The 6 kids range in age from 8 to 17.  They're all good, but boy, can the volume go up.  And all 6 of them seem to pick the same time to want to take showers!  DH and my dad are getting a LITTLE grumpy, to put it mildly. 

So this morning I got up at 6 and went for a slow 8-mile run, as my HM plan called for.  It was rough, since I did the 5-mile race yesterday.  Oh, well, I did it, and DH was so impressed that he's being decent again!  :-)  57 degrees and sunny, can't complain.

This afternoon, DH, our two sons, and I are going to play 9 holes of golf.  Ha, that will be funny!  We actually don't call what we do golfing, it's "Whack and chase."

Renee the dog

Teresa, I have a houseful too!  But, living at the shore, that's kind of the deal in the summer. I'm just thankful I recognize everyone who's here. 

Tramps, I just got back in front of the 1000 mi bunny after my May layoff. I understand completely.

Got up and out at 5:40 only to find out my Garmin had a low battery.  So I went back inside, brewed coffee and relaxed a bit while it started charging.  Then Renee and I went out for a 2 mile untimed run.  <Insert shocked look here>

Came back, dropped off Renee, chugged a coconut water, and headed out with partially charged Garmin to do my remaining 7 miles.  So 9 total today, as is in the plan.

Felt awesome! 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

It must be family weekend.  We've got a houseful of WRFB's family.  I just finished my 13 miles in 2:21:37 (warm and hilly and slow), and now it's time to shower and make brunch. 

Denise - I'm so sorry you and your son are going through all this.  It's good to hear that there is improvement.  You must be so worried.

Enjoy the rest of this summer weekend everyone.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Wow! What Beautiful weather for running again... Blue sky 55F low humidity   

11.2 miles w/DW about 9:50 pace. 

Mount Desert Island is home of Acadia National Park & is the 3rd largest U.S. island on Atlantic coast.  Marathon starts in Bar Harbor (the 1st American city to see the morning sun) & runs entirely along the coast of the ocean & Somes Sound..Very Beautiful.  It is far from a desert  Not dry & not flat

Off to NW Pennslyvania for family reunion, to visit some long lost cousins.    

Have a Great Sunday!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Denise - good to hear about the improvement -- thinking of you and your family...

Felt a little warm, but at 66°F average, cooler than one would expect in the mid-Atlantic in July.

17.2 miles, 2:30:34, 8:47/mi, AHR 153 (78% MHR)

miles@pace(AHR) = 5@9:11(143), 7@8:50(152), 5.15@8:19(164)

Longest run since my break, and since my last race in April, so a good run, I'm thinking.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

dg.

morning everybody!

I'm also thinking that was a good run Lou.

hi Harriet Smile

Denise, I'm so glad!

short post, hope to catch up later.  12.17 slow miles this morning, eeek kind of slow, but it is what it is! can't blame the weather, IRQ, though humid but it's always humid early.  2:09:56, so a 10:40 pace. haven't looked at splits yet, will do that later.  HR was better (for me), 160 average, 178 max.    I've only run 12 once before, & it was barely there, at least this time it pretty steady.

good runs and rests and all.

Mornin' all

Nice family plans around here---good to hear it. I had family in town earlier this week and then lots of hiking and canoeing with my guys---lots of running too. 20.4 miles with Iron J this morning...progressively faster as we hit mile 15---IRC--low humidity, light breeze started at 60º and now at 70º. Yee Haw!

I am so glad to hear of the progress with your son Denise. Holding you all in my heart.

Overheard last night: 

Kiddo: "Sorry Skyler, I think I should go to Harry Potter with my mom. She read all those books with me before and even though I am not into HP anymore, I want to take her to the movies."

I had to slink upstairs to hide my grin and my tears.....time to shower up for my movie date!

Go Nono! Nice 9 miler.

Wow Holly, nice running, you too Teresa espcially after the race, have fun at your "whack and chase.".

Lots of good long runs yesterday and today already.  Nice long runs PDR & WRFB!! 

You and your family are still in my T&Ps Denise, glad to hear things are looking better.

Aww, that's sweet CNYRunner Smile

Ran 22 mi yesterday, gorgeous weather for July!  I kept wrestling with myself during the run as to whether to do a 3/1 or just keep it easy so that I can do my speedwork on Tues in prep for next Sat's five mile race.  In the end I decided to keep it easy the whole way except the last mile where I'd simulate running at marathon pace late in the race.  The last mile was 7:22.  As I've mentioned before I really don't know what my GP will be so I was just shooting for around 7:40.  Overall pace was 9:31.

Heading out to Sacramento later today and am not bringing a computer!  I may find internet access but it won't be a priority.  I've got to go learn how to build precision guided munitions.  I'll be back on Wednesday So I'll catch up then or Thur.

Have a great Sunday and week

rs

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)

RunningSmarter remind me not to get on your bad side.

CNY-great story and even better kid!

Holly-Seems like you bounced back just fine from your previous run.

I am taking an RA break as I work on more edits for my synthesis. Hoping to find time to squeeze in 7-10 miles when the edits are done. Very stressful trying to finish this up, but I am making progress.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Craneium--hope your time off from here is productive and you do get out running from time to time.  Hurry back.

Great runs for the Beers this morning.  Who would have thought a hosue full of in-laws would be so inspriring for a long run? 

I made it out for what passes for my "long" run at the moment a little late this morning.  5.55m in just over an hour.  Bad news was that I still had to walk a little over a 1/2m during it.  Good news was that i finished a couple of minutes faster than last time AND it was about 15º warmer this time.  I'll take improvement where I can find it .

now off to do some errands that I've put off for too long.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Denise......I'm glad to hear the news.....FWIW....My Rosary miles were Miles 10 and 11...Offerd up for you and your families intentions.

Runningsmarter.......I have one word for your running......WOW !

Predawn, WFRB......Teresa and Nono.....Ya gotta love family !  Enjoy your company !

I'm just in from my long run. Late start.....cool night here so I stayed snuggled up with DW.

16.32 miles  2:13:10  8:09 average pace.

Plan was to run the last 30 mins hard.......3.57 miles, 26m 58s, 7:33 pace. That chalks up another good week.

Craneium--hope your time off from here is productive and you do get out running from time to time.  Hurry back.

Stumpy- I was taking a synthesis break to read the daily, which I am obviously doing again. I will still be running and posting.