Masters Running

Post some fast running songs here (Read 597 times)

My fast running playlist is getting old. I have 3 new songs to start with (one Smashing Pumpkins and 2 OAR) but need more. At least 2 hours worth. Ideas please. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

<semi-thread> I'd like to add a request. Does anyone know places to download music podcasts? I've got all the Solarmixes and would like to add to my collection. I just bought a used Clip that had 305 songs on it, but will be keeping maybe five. DD will take off all the rap and hip-hop for herself. Smile Kevin</semi-thread>

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Music taste varies so much from person to person. I don't have any smashing Pumpkins and don't even know of OAR but my favorite running song is Work to do by The Average White Band

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

xor

Yeah, I was wondering about "OAR" myself Smile.

#artbydmcbride

<semi-thread> I'd like to add a request. Does anyone know places to download music podcasts? I've got all the Solarmixes and would like to add to my collection. I just bought a used Clip that had 305 songs on it, but will be keeping maybe five. DD will take off all the rap and hip-hop for herself. Smile Kevin</semi-thread>
            http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html

Runners run

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanks, Ilene--I'll check this out and see what sounds good. A lot to choose from.

I agree that music taste is very different. My favorite fast running song is Pay Me My Money Down, by Bruce Springsteen off the Seeger Sessions CD he did that is mostly remakes of old Pete Seeger tunes and older songs. But again, this may not be at all up your alley.

Once a runner . . .

If you like Smashing Pumpkins then there are probably a number of songs by Green Day and Red Hot Chilli Peppers that might get you going. I have some of all three of those bands on my iPod.

Slo

I used a line from it in my profile "Born to Run" Da Boss My play list is pretty much Old school. Not much new stuff.
                    stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'd second Green Day, and add Rage against the Machine, Three Doors Down, and Linkin Park. All slightly dated, but good for keeping the legs moving.

I second what Stumpy just said........luv me some Linkin Park. Gotta think of some more, Jewels
                        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                          Run Like Hell by Pink Floyd, Jesus Is Just All Right by The Doobie Brothers, Synchronicity II by the Police and Baba O'Reilly by The Who are some of the favorites on my I-Pod right now.

jules2

Techno is the way to go, LCD Soundsystem, Daft Punk, Timo Maas, Luke Slater. In fact 45:33 by LCD was specifically recorded for running and includes a warm up track at the start. I use music to match my pace so if I'm going slow I like Balkan folk music, medium Gwen Steffani and Prince but fast is always techno.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Tramps

As you can already tell, this is an impossible query to respond to. It all depends...on what you like, on what you mean by "fast," on whether you like loud angry fast or peppy uplifting fast, on whether you like old-time boomer music or something more contemporary? etc etc If I'm pushing, I listen to a lot of generic house music, stuff I either download for free (music.download.com) or have hanging around. Not necessarily stuff I listen to for pleasure, but it keeps a consistent groove, which I find helpful. For easy runs I like load up as eclectic a mix as possible; it's one of the joys of the "random" button! I think we should make "good song on the MP3-player today" a mandatory part of daily postings so we could all get ideas and expand our musical horizons. Big grin

Be safe. Be kind.

#artbydmcbride

...old time boomer music... Heh! Big grin

Runners run