Masters Running

Fridaz Jul 21st (Read 35 times)

Guten Morgan from Crailsheim, Germanz!  I have a head start on the daz but verz Little time ) and a strange kezboard)! I am at School with Ingrid where she teaches.  I have been having a great time so far on mz trip.  We had band practice last night then went to a Folk Festival.  I hear the beer was good!  Our combined band concert is tonight and the Amaying Worthington Citz Band performs on Sundaz morning.

I was up at 6 and went for a 5K run west of town.  I saw the sunrise and found a nice bike trail to run on. It has been hot here and no AC so it was a pleasant morning.  Will post Pictures sometime.  Gotta go now.

Good luck to all the racers this Weekend. No time to ketchup or even read the dailies.

Auf Viedersein

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

Arz youz zure you disdn't have any of that beer?

Enjoy your day!      2.8 miles before early meeting at work.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

...starr//...........sounds like fun,

while you're there check this out for me-

........I took the family to an ''Authentic German Restaurant'' in Knoxville,

every dish on the menu

came with a PorkChop>>>>>>is that normal??

also

the reason none of us ordered Dessert

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Thanks for the start-off, Starr!

Still a bit nervous about my back with two days to go until our trip, so I opted for a leisurely two-mile walk with DW this morning. We tried to get out before the HHH ramped up and almost made it. Now I'll  have to see if anything tightens up this afternoon before I give it the "all clear." In any case, I'm not taking any running gear along, although I rarely do these days on a trip where we're flying with limited suitcase space.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

catwhoorg

Labrat

5.5 at lunch and hopefully a ride this afternoon to come

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Donkey Shane Starr.

However, going to Germany without even being able at least to say you had a taste of beer is like living in Singapore for a year without having at least a taste of a Singapore sling and having to explain "why not" for the rest of your life. Imbibe!

In any case, I'm not taking any running along 

Riddle: who never takes running gear on trips but who, nevertheless, manages to run up to marathon distances and more without any running gear anyway, . . . same as he does when he doesn't go on trips?

ps KSA - having done at least one-or-more triathlon got the last 40-years, though I know a lot about them, I don't know anything about what your DS does. Does #1 have any other benefits, e.g. gratis entries, favorable transition racking, early swim start, etc.  Is he interested in pro'ing for half Irons or going back to Kona?  Congratulations!

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

BTY

Good afternoon from the great white north.  I ran through 3 inches of snow this afternoon in Albany.  Nothing like running on the freshly fallen snow.  Cool and refreshing.  Ahhhh.

5 miles of running along the Hudson River.  I should have started out more slowly but splits were 8:56 / 9:02 / 9:02 / 9:15 / 9:31.  OA Pace of 9:10/mi was fine but I can't blame the slowing down on the tailwind/headwind, at least not all of it.

Taking the afternoon off to visit the swimming pool at Saratoga State Park.

Have a great weekend all.  No running for me until Monday.

Marathon Maniac #957

KSA - Congrats to your DS!

BTY - snow?

6.7 miles for me today before a 2.5 hour ortho appointment.  We got there at 11:15 for an 11:30 appointment, but they didn't even take her in until 12:45.  Then, afterward, when I wanted to speak to the orthodontist about her progress, I had to wait another half hour for him to be free. 

Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hi, Lianne!  Welcome!  This is a very encouraging and supportive group, and we like posts about anything and everything, as you will soon ascertain.

6.7 miles for me today before a 2.5 hour ortho appointment.  We got there at 11:15 for an 11:30 appointment, but they didn't even take her in until 12:45.  Then, afterward, when I wanted to speak to the orthodontist about her progress, I had to wait another half hour for him to be free. 

I have never understood why physician offices - medical or dental - this it's okay to make patients wait so long past their schedule appt time.  If they're running behind, call the patient and see if he/she can still come in or needs to reschedule.

Keep having fun, Starr!

Congrats to your son, KSA.  Wow!

Sort of unscheduled rest day this a.m.  Coach had me doing a stationary bike workout, but I still can't sit on a bicycle seat, so I was gonna do another core/ST workout.  I turned off the alarm at 5:00 . . . and woke up at 7:15.  Woops!  And then we're going on a date tonight (*gasp*!) so no workout when I get home. Going to see the movie "Dunkirk."

Yesterday I ran 3 miles at the McKay Tract - first time I've been there in 5.5 months.  It felt so good to be out there again!  There's a trudging .30 climb out of the there that, even when I was in better shape, I found to be taxing to run up.  I thought there was no way I'd be able to run up that thing since I haven't been doing any hill work . . . but guess what?!?  AND I didn't feel like I was gonna die when I got to the top.  All the leg strengthening work I've been doing is paying off and gives me incentive to keep it up.

Have a grand weekend, friends ~~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

ps KSA - having done at least one-or-more triathlon got the last 40-years, though I know a lot about them, I don't know anything about what your DS does. Does #1 have any other benefits, e.g. gratis entries, favorable transition racking, early swim start, etc.  Is he interested in pro'ing for half Irons or going back to Kona?  Congratulations!

For now he is sticking with 70.3.  He tried Tremblant last August (full Ironman) and passed out at mile 9 of the marathon as he was moving into 1st place in AG.  Long story- not a hot day and he did everything right.  He says it just isn't worth it to do all that training and be at the mercy of the weather and so many other things.

No real benefits to being No. 1.  He's still an amateur.  He qualified for his pro card but he isn't interested.  He also hates the 70.3 world championships and has turned down his slot every year since 2013 when he did 70.3 Worlds in Vegas (before Kona).  There is a lot of cheating at 70.3 Worlds with drafting and teams interfering with other athletes.  He said he would rather do other races.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I went 6.2 miles, tonight, before going out for some pizza and beer with Debbie.  My granddaughter was playing in the quarter finals of the USA Cup (a huge soccer tournament that is held in a city close to mine)  and it was being live streamed, so I was watching it at the restaurant.  It was still tied 0-0 when we left, so we headed over to see the end.  We won in the second 5 minute overtime...it was pretty exciting.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Half Fanatic #9874

Good Friday evening!

Thanks to all for the welcome.  No workout for me today.  I had some people coming to the house to do some work in the driveway and they showed up almost 2 hours early.  There went my workout time.  I did do some hamstring and back stretches just to keep the old posterior chain lubricated.  I have a half marathon tomorrow.  It's currently booming thunder and pouring rain outside, and I sure hope it dries up by morning.

Have a great night!

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh!  Hey Trekkie!   Welcome.  May the force be with you...wait wrong movie....anyway, welcome to the group.

spacityrunner

People show up early to do work???  Wow!!!  I'm lucky if I can get them to show up at all 

rosie barb...what a very nice thing to say about me.  I am headed to DC possibly in August...look for an email from me if the trip is approved.  Have fun in Juneau.

BTY:  Silly guy...its not snowing ..

So we are starting to get some good old down south summer weather here and when I headed for the trails at sunset tonight it was still 90 feels like 103...managed to get 3.6 miles done.  Took 50 min, and I wanted 4 but I knew when it was time to quit...so I did.  I will run again another day.

Trails Rock!