Masters Running

First Saturday run of 2010 (Read 471 times)

Here's a first. Me starting the thread.  Probably because I haven't actually gone out

and run yet (hee hee) but here's my plan:

run 5.5 in 18 degrees (I have on lots of layers)

hour swim (probably not gonna make this one today)

hour of Zumba

hour of Yoga

lunch w/ a friend

My favorite way to spend a Saturday!

Happy running on this freezy day everyone!

Helen

Helen, that'll be the first Fine of the New Year for starting before running.  Wink

Yesterday's slow cooker Pork Raost was a huge success.  Delicious.  Pulled Pork sandwiches tomorrw.

5 easy miles at 9 minute mile pace.  One mile at MP without intending to.  Chilly, breezy morning at 48°.  Lots of people out running their last MLR's before Disney next week.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I was all ready to go running, then I read Helen's plan for the day.  Just thinking about it made me so tired, I think I need to go take a nap.  Wink

Crazy windy here in the Philly 'burbs today, but this is my marathon year - eek! - so I need to get out there eventually.

Happy first weekend of 2010, all.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Tramps

Good morning, all.

Easy 5 @ around 8:45 (Garmin wasn't charged this morning).  24F and howling wind. 

Holiday detox begins today.

Have a good one.

ETA: Walt--where can I get a pair of those nerdy socks?!  Great race!

Be safe. Be kind.

Good Morning Everyone,       Tramps   I know what you mean about the holiday detox but I'll wait a couple more days  

Brutal out there today 12F & breezy w/ 4 inches of fresh snow hiding the old snow & ice so off to the gym.

4.5 treadmill very slow miles.  Did a 5k yesterday just for fun for DW & 50 running friends. 30:20 on the snow & ice.

Awesome race yesterday for Walt  maybe those will catch on!  Denise nice racing too 

Nice BOWLING day yesterday with Buckeyes winning & Penn St. too.  Yes I'm a big Buckeye fan but also follow Penn St. QB Darrell Clark is a great young man and we are from the same neighborhood.     

Have a Great Weekend

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Ah, Sarge beat me to the punch on the detox comment back to Tramps Smile

3.1 miles, 28:42, 9:07/mi, AHR 135 (66% MHR)

Some of you already know from facebook that PDR's dad passed away on Thursday.  I'm not great with words but he was a wonderful father, grandfather and great-grandfather and will be missed.  He was surrounded by his children when he went, peacefully.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Good morning good people. Hope day two of twenty-ten is going well for y'all.

Hey Bill - how about that Florida game last night?! Great pictures of your family yesterday. DS looks just like his father and the wimmin in the picture were gorgeous. You're a lucky guy! Do you have a recipe for the pork you did in your slow cooker? It sounds delicious.

Helen - that's an ambitious schedule for a Saturday. Have a great time!

Eliz and Sarge - Your weather is a heat wave compared to here. It's -3° with 15-20 mph winds. Supposed to stay this way for another couple of days.

Nice races for Mary, Francesca, Walt and Deez yesterday (may be missing some more, sorry).

Steve, I think we really need to hear the "first date" story. Will you share?

I didn't get my 12 mile run yesterday. I forgot that the Y was having an open house to get new members and the place was an absolute zoo. So I did 4 yesterday. but I did 12 today, 9:50 pace. That's a long time on a treadmill, people. Watched an infomercial for a food processor, one about a program to help your kids do better in school, and a show about some guys bear hunting in Canada. Arrrgggg!!! Shoot me now! At least that's my last long run until after the half.

Like Tramps, we're starting detox here this weekend. Candy - gone. Cookies - in the garbage. Leftover lemon meringue pie - well..... ok, that's gone too.  I'm on a mission to lose some weight, and I'm taking my family with me!

MTA - PDR and WRFB, I'm so sorry to hear about your father's death. He was a great man and I know you'll all miss him terribly. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers today.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Some of you already know from facebook that PDR's dad passed away on Thursday.  I'm not great with words but he was a wonderful father, grandfather and great-grandfather and will be missed.  He was surrounded by his children when he went, peacefully.

Lou and Harriet--I'm very sorry to hear that Dear Old Dad has passed away.  It sounded like he had a good holidays with his family, but I'm sure that nothing makes that easy.  My condolences to all the generations.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

so sorry to hear about Harriet's Dad - missed it on FB ...... please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers!

denise

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

My condolences to Harriet and Lou.   I know how much you both loved him.

Didn't run today and feel a bit out of sorts.   Kind of strange just getting up and getting ready for the day.   Now I don't really know what to do with myself.   Could vacuum, but don't really want to!   I'm detoxing too .... tomorrow.  Wink

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

PDR and Lou--condolences on the passing of "Dear Old Dad."   Your care of him was appreciated, I'm sure.  It's nice you had such a good relationship with him to the end.

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Lou and Harriet.. it's wonderful DOD could go in peace with his siblings there. You all have great courage and compassion.  Best wishes.

Tramps.. wasn't that wind nasty?

2 miles with Tory and Sadie then 6 miles at 9:07 pace. The roads heading north were brutal with that icy wind.

Walt... that was a great PR... the crystal ball sees a sub 3:15 marathon  Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Harriet and Lou and family - condolences on the loss of Dear Old Dad.  Harriet's stories of him and of the ways all of you cared for him so were always so, well, dear.  It was clear that all of you liked him just as much as you loved him.  What a beautiful legacy for baby Nate and all of your family.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Yea, Steve you opened this up and inquiring minds want to know!

DW went off to the running club for a freezing cold 4 miler today.  The banana-chip muffins went with her too.  None came back, which I figure is a good sign.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I didn't post yesterday, but started the New Year out at a Day After fun run.  5K.   No PR, lots of heavy wind, but had a good time with friends,and got the year off right.  A day off today, and then I am going to start my program of running more miles this year than last.  Happy New Year, everyone!