Masters Running

The Wineglass Marathon-----a fine day and meeting friends in person (Read 578 times)

This report was just like running along with you -- at least I could read about your run if not run with you in person.  It was so fun meeting you finally and you're right -- there was so much to talk about we have only just gotten started.

Congratulations on the win -- that was so exciting for us to be there with you for that!

(I had to look back at some of the pictures to see if you really are taller than me Smile -- hmm, I guess we need to post them here, huh?)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Yowsa!  You're an awesome competitor and write a super RR!  Thanks for sharing such an inspirational read.

I love this part, too:  "On Sundays the kiddo works with the 3-4year-olds in the Learn to Skate program and we believe that you can’t break a commitment even if Mom is running around in Upstate, NY. "

Many, many congrats on a terrific race!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Karin – I like the part where you say, “I don’t have great speed, but can hold pace IF I am smart.”  Who are you kidding?  You are the speediest  woman I know! 

Awesome racing, and I love the details in the report, both of your adventures and your insights.  Superb!!!!

I was thinking the same thing Holly!!  If your pace isn't considered "great speed" then I have no idea what is!!

Karin you are truly amazing - thank you for the inspiring race report!!

denise

Karin,  Awesome, inspirational, fantastic, well you get the idea!  We are impressed.

One of the best things about RA posters is the variety of runners and the extraordinary runners are so humble like you.  That is a really awesome time, congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Congratulations, NYC!!

A great read.  Awesome preparation and execution.  Well done!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            evanflein

I'm with Holly and Denise on this one... if you don't have great speed I don't know who does. Seriously, dear, this was a greta race for you! I always think that's a little odd when they take the overall winners out of the AG awards, but hey, it worked for me once and its so cool that it landed you 1st masters' woman! That's very fun stuff. Aren't the Beers just the best? Love meeting up with them, too. Awesome race, and I bet you won't let 3:30 stand at NYC...

Way to go, CNY.  it's neat you got together with the beers.  Congrats on 1st master's female.

TomS

Way to go, CNY.  it's neat you got together with the beers.  Congrats on 1st master's female.

TomS

After reading all the posts, I can't add a thing.  WTG!!!

Congrats on another fine performance, Super K!  Great training + careful execution = Success.

I do think you need to rethink your strategy for 2010 though and aim a little higher, i.e. faster, like sub 3:10.  I believe in you and know you are capable of great things.  No Limits Karin!

Skip

I need to think about more calories on the run as well

Karin, superb racing, and a great report.  FWIW, I downed 7-8 gels during my PR marathon.

If you continue your admirably determined training I am sure you will easily go sub-3:15.

See you in Hartford, maybe?

Walt

I was so wonderful to meet up with you last weekend.  You are a very talented (and smart!) runner, and you had a great race. What a thrill for us to actually be there as they announced your name!

I hope we see you at many more events.  Good luck in NYC!

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Mariposai

Meeting up with the beers is always a lot of fun. Aren't they just the sweetest couple?

Your report is so inspiring karin. After reading this the other day I went to my journal and started writing down my dream  race time, which I have never done before.

Thanks for taking the time to share your strategy with us. Since you are my "Deena Kastor" in real life I always eat up everything you say about training and racing.

I can't wait to meet you in NYC in a few weeks!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

I love your racing and your reports!  Please don't ever stop writing them. It is fun to virtually go along with you!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!