Masters Running

May day! May day! Friday, May1 runs and pleasantries (Read 474 times)

Finally got up early and ran this morning. Not far, but a nice easy 6 to try to get back in the game. The kids had a great run last night. They asked Boots what the furthest he had ever run and he told them about a trail race in the Pyrenees that was 42 miles. Someone asked how he knew he could do it and he replied he didn't know. He told them that when he felt like stopping he would just keep running and see what happened. So when the kids went out to run...they all ran the entire 25 minutes! Sometimes it is good for people to get a fresh perspective. Good Friday all!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning... Smile Craneium beat me by a minute this morning...use this one for our daily today. That was a neat story Craneium, and happy about your kiddo's running. Very happy too, that you are "getting back in the game", nice job! 4 easy peasy un-timed recovery miles last night...felt great to work the legs a little bit. Hope you all have a great day today...boy, it has been raining here - day after day after day. Your Friend TimbBo PS: just logged my 4 miler, and that gave me a little over 200 miles for April (203.8) Cool

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

PS: just logged my 4 miler, and that gave me a little over 200 miles for May (203.8) Cool
        Tim - you're overachieving. Most of us are reporting April miles now. 5.1 miles, 45:39, 8:58/mi, AHR 141 (72% MHR) That gave me a little over 5 miles in May Smile Nice to see kids running like that, Craneium. We went to the local running club's happy hour last night - they made anyone who ran Boston wear their medals. There were only three of us there last night, but there were at least 15 from the club who ran it. Good showing for the local folks!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Slo

Good Morning All ! Anyone up for a run ? Hit the pool this morn. Solid workout, belly full of air and the smell of chlorine. Yesterday made my 2nd full day off this year. 4 months Shocked No running, biking, or swimming logged. I did do some very light core and stretching. Tonight I'm going to try and stick to my 2 miles so i can be fresh for a 5k tomorrow. Happy Miles to all !
            Morning, gentlemen! Good kickoff, Craneium! SteveP - love the clowns!! dg - I'm sure this won't be the only project - unless we end up having to move yet again. We're going through another reorg, and there's always the possibility of layoffs in the next month or so. That would give me lots of time for projects............. and you are always welcome to help! Twocat - how was the dinner?? Raining here this morning, so I opted for 6.25 tempo miles on the treadmill. Core and weights on tap for lunch. Pizza on the menu for dinner. Everybody have a wonderful weekend - best of luck to all of the weekend racers!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Great story Craneium! Tim - you show off!! Good luck with your 5K tomorrow Slow!! That sounds like a greta Happy Hour WRFB! This morning would have been a nice day for a run as the rain finally let up again. I feel so sorry for our neighbors. One driveway looks like a large pond - not to mention all the water in their basements. Sad Sleep won over running today .... I got my excercise feeding puppies Rice Baby cereal and cleaning up after them ...

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Easy 5.2. I’ve been a little sluggish all week. Just blah. I suspect my head’s just elsewhere these days. Speaking of kids running….I’m working packet pick-up table today for this weekend’s “Great Train Race” that our club puts on every year. It’s a very popular one-mile kids’ fun run with heats for various age groups. It’s also got a 400-meter dash (“Caboose Run”) for kids under 5 years old. There are usually over 3,000 kids in the mile races! Alas, I'll miss it Sunday, though; I long ago signed up for a nearby 1/2 marathon at the same time.

Be safe. Be kind.

That is one cute puppy...I cannot let my girls see that. Big grin Rest day after yesterday's marathon of 400's, 28 of them. Tired today and need to rest up before tomorrow's 38k with Liz (last long long one before the marathon). It's closing in...finally. Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

5 miles at 9:28 pace in a light warm drizzle. Those puppies make me smile every time. I think beerDog is jealous.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Marathon Maniac #957

Awwww, Mary - that's adorable! Tramps - good luck on your HM this weekend. No run for me this morning, no x-training, nada, zilch. Tapering for Sunday's HM. Even though I'm not giving my peak effort, I don't want to let my friend down by not being able to keep up. Next week is my return to serious marathon training - yay! (I miss it already) Can't wait to to get to the track. Only 194.4 miles for me for April - first month under 200 in a while. The OCD part of me wants to go out and run 5.6 miles to make it an even 200. Probably won't, though. At least I'm still kicking that pace bunny's butt.... Big grin Happy Friday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim - you're overachieving. Most of us are reporting April miles now.
                        It doesn't say May...just go back and look again Wink Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Yesterday made my 2nd full day off this year.
                          Sheesh, already NOT following your doctors advice about exercising Tongue Smile Tim

Marathon Maniac #957

Yesterday made my 2nd full day off this year. 4 months... No running, biking, or swimming logged.
                            Slacker.... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good Morning! Had a trial yesterday, so woefully behind everywhere. Rice Baby cereal looks as if it was a hit. Sports massage for me today--not a traditional massage, but one where she presses on spots that hurt and I lie still and take deep breaths and my eyes water. Shocked Happy Firday, all. grins, A
                              Masters 2000 miles
                              Slo