Masters Running

Friday 10-7-2016 (Read 31 times)

Dave59

This must be a travel day for most the forum.

I ran & walked 3.1 this morning. I was back in the park where I was running a lot since moving here. It is slow and painful (for the legs) but I have run very little over the last 3 months so I just have to be patient and hopefully get readjusted.

Have a good day everyone.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hi Dave--yes, it is a travel day for me. After defying death already once, today, i'm waiting to try it again from LAX.  Have I ever told you how much I hate flying?

I am not traveling today. But I am not running either. So I guess I do not have much to say. Hi all! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

King of PhotoShop

Most of you who have been runners for many years know what it's like to return from an injury.  It is the happiest of times in many ways.  The injury is healed, and every workout brings more satisfaction. Little milestones are huge deals for you.

I'm going through that now, although I am not exactly coming back from an injury.  I do relish the little milestones however, just as I did after my major heart surgery in '08, the first slow jog, the first mile run, right on up to the Medtronics Marathon and the BQ.  But now because I am so much older, the milestones are smaller, but just as meaningful.  I had another one today, my first continuous 4-mile run.  Very slow pace of course, 11:08 per mile, but now I know I can run 4 miles and it was a big deal to me.  Little by little.   Spareribs

Lovely post Ribs!  Indeed small accomplishments can seem huge depending on the situation.

Sorry to hear about your friend with cancer.

I am just bouncing off the walls here a bit, excited to get going on my way to Portland!  My goal for the race is to not get a PW.  I think it'll be close though...

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Sayhey! MM#130

Good morning!  Just a regular day for me, even tho most of the state is closed.  We seem to have dodged the worst that might have happened--let's hope Matthew continues to prefer the water to land.

Well Ribs, that's a respectable pace for coming back!  Good for you!  [you might enjoy my last blog post--click below if you've a minute.  It's short.]

Glad Mike is still surviving and Dave is persevering.

A pokey 10K for me this am.  I may do our Cops & Joggers 5K tomorrow--it's in the evening, with glo lights AND over the bridge and back.

And I remain optimistic!  --hoping the Price is Right and all that.

grins, and happy weekending all!

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

I am not good at posting from my phone so bear with me.

Ribs - yes, I know the feeling, and really, it's all relative, doesn't matter the pace, it's all about coming back to good...

Enke soon now!

I am at the Portland airport, waiting for Mike, and enjoying a lovely cup of spicy Mediterranean chickpea soup and a glass of white wine. Hey, its almost 5 o'clock in my time zone...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hi Holly!  Are you and Mike going to take a KLUBER?

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

wildchild

Carolyn

OOh - it's Portland Marathon weekend!  Wish I was there to hang out with all you guys!  I've had the most wonderful weekends at RA gatherings over the years, from Flying Monkey to Light at the End of the Tunnel to Avenue of the Giants to Vermont 50.  If Portland wasn't paved and crowded and expensive, I would have joined you!   Hope you all have a blast.

I met one old friend and one new friend for a 7 mile trail run this morning.  Glorious day for a run - 50s and deep blue Colorado sky.   There's snow on the ground at home, but it's still late summer down in town!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Holly!  Are you and Mike going to take a KLUBER?

you have a cruel streak I never knew about.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

I came, I saw, I Ubered...and it was good....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Yes.  Yes. KLuber is good.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

So Erika's running Hartford tomorrow, and I'm gonna be in Chicago for a Sunday run.  Damn.  That's bad timing.

Henrun

Yes.  Yes. KLuber is good.

Kluber klobbered the Sox. Aamos and Stumpy and I are glad we're heading back from Kleveland😭

Sayhey! MM#130

Gawd, who's gonna get me a beer, henrun, stumpy.....o wait, I don't drink beer.  I believe.  There.

Have fun Portland peeps!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)