Masters Running

TGIF, 7.8.16 (Read 29 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Nice LRR (Light Rain Run), Dave.

Leslie, it's befuddling that the attorney who is supposed to be overseeing things has no idea of how many clients you have or what it takes to service them all. A reasonable person would be checking those numbers weekly, if not daily, instead of just constantly pushing for more. I like Tet's suggestion of posting in large letters the deadlines for each of the clients/cases you have to deal with. Perhaps it is too much to start giving the overseer a weekly status report of all you have accomplished, and all that remains to be done, but, as I said before, he should know that. Regarding stand-up desks, have one, but it is stand only. I've had it for a few years, and am very comfortable with it.

Twocat, that's a beautiful spot your training partner took you to on your run yesterday.

Starr, I'm so sorry about the issues Mr. Starr is dealing with, but I'm glad (and I'm sure he is too) that you are helping him work through it all. Good luck to you both. And good for you for getting some 'me' time on your daily runs. Meanwhile, congrats on the slaloming on the lake! My mom was a fanatical saver of S&H Green Stamps, and earned a trip to Hawaii for herself and my dad with them.

Congrats on a 'normal' run, Tselbes.

Sorry about the necessary, storm-caused yard clean-up, TW. Have a greta time with Claire!

Nice return to the trails, Evanflein.

Nice job breaking Rule #1, Mike. You may not like what you do at work a lot, but I suspect you are very good at it.

Tet's another one who broke Rule #1!

Haller, the choice between having more free time or earning more money is always difficult. I suspect that for many people, when there is a choice, the scales begin to tip toward time as they get older. Good run in the heat.

Good for you for taking part in deciding which medical tests you'll have and which you'll pass on, Steve. Being tested just for the heck of it at a cost of hundreds of dollars (or more) is something that makes me cringe too. Besides, you've got Tag to lick off anything that is questionable...

I hope you got to your early meeting on time, Holly.

I got up and was all dressed to head out this morning, but I was noticing that my ankle was still a little squiggly. So rather than push it again today, I got dedressed and stayed in and read a book instead. We have overnight guests (a fam of 4) coming tonight, and we are hosting the 3rd in our series of political dinners with a gaggle of neighbors tomorrow night. I'd love to be in Vermont with Henrun, Marj and Aamos on Sunday morning, but there is no way I could get there in time for the races.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

We have overnight guests (a fam of 4) coming tonight, and we are hosting the 3rd in our series of political dinners with a gaggle of neighbors tomorrow night.

You don't actually TALK about politics with your neighbors, do you Jay?   Holy cow - we have one particular friend that leans very (fill in the blank, left or right) and he's always ready to defend his positions and gets angry if anyone disagrees with him. Whenever the subject comes up, it's quickly changed.

Starr, I feel so bad for Lon. He's such a great guy and I'm hoping that the doctors can figure out meds that will help him feel better. And good luck to you. You have so much on your plate these days. I'm glad you're getting rid of some of the stress by running and doing things for yourself.

I hope the good raise justifies all of the extra hours you've been working Leslie. And I hope your boss realizes what a gem he has working for him. And take a lunch break!

Hi Holly! Hi Erika! Hi Aamos! Miss you guys.

The staph infection in my leg is clearing up and the stitches came out on Tuesday. The doctor gave me the green light to start running again which made me very happy. I can't believe how quickly - at age 63 - you can lose your running base after a couple of weeks off. A very slow 7 miles this morning in muggy 72° with no wind.

We're taking the grandboys to see The Secret Life of Pets tonight. Can't wait!!

........maybe we can have An Intervention for tet and mikeE

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Hello!

Jlynne - glad that infection is healing up.

Jay - sounds like a smart move to take another day off.

Starr - you do have a lot on your plate, like Jlynne says.  Hang in there....

So, my PT's suggestion to do "intervals' was not sprints or anything, just that he wanted me to vary the pace a bit, so today I did 2 miles with about six 100M striders.  Talk about losing fitness fast - I had to take a couple of walk breaks.  In a two mile run.  Ridiculous.

My calf feels good, but my inside-knee-hamstring is still pretty sore.  I looked up a KT fix and taped it up after my shower and it feels great now.  Tomorrow I need to tape it BEFORE my run, not after, and see how that feels.

So, 2 miles of "intervals" plus another mile walking.  Also, about 45 minutes of weights and core and PT exercises.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

4.5 mile morning ‘mute through refreshing puddles remaining from last evening’s deluge but after waking up to a third straight morning of grieving news, especially knowing that some of our brother-and-sister runners are at grounds zero for at least two of them.,
            Don't tell twocat but Running Rule no. 1 got violated at the end

so don’t know if the last half mile counts or not.

At least there’s no rule against running barefoot, . . . . is there?
            ps starr - my sister’s started out with anxiety and has morphed

into what Robin Williams had.  Glad you’re getting a jump on it.

Good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

tetsujin209Mike E and others I can read!    Now tomwhite has the right idea!

coastwalker we have friends coming for the weekend. One thing I guarantee we will stay far away from is politics!

Holly S. continued healing wishes.

hallar if it feels hot out just keep saying, "this is better than winter, this is better than winter . . ." Well, it works for me.

evanflein from what I hear the bugs in Alaska are about the size of the state. I imagine stopping during a run means getting eaten alive. Do you run with bug spray on?

I went out this morning with a 69° dew point for a 13 mile run. It was pretty drippy but I am getting back my summer form. I took three water bottles with me. I could easily have gotten away with just 1. I hope this is a good omen for my summer racing!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Really? No post since Twocat posted this morning? (well, morning for me)

Hey Jlynne, I'm so glad to hear you're making progress and you'll get your running mojo back soon. Miss you too!

The revolving guest door continues at Jay's place. Gotta figure out how to get in on that deal somehow....

So even though I've been running, my foot is gradually getting better. I've been icing it in the evening, doing calf stretching throughout the day and being generally conscious of it and treating it gently. Today was 6.3 miles, partly on asphalt path and part on packed dirt trail, and while I could "feel" it the whole way, it didn't feel as bad as some runs with DOMS so I figure it's more or less ok. Tentatively planning a long run for Sunday so we'll see how it goes.