If you're interested, here's my report.

Thanks for reading.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Great race Leslie, and even greater RR. You are a remarkable athlete. I had to chuckle reading your aunt's comments "you pay to do this?"  Guess that older generation just doesn't get it. Congrats - and awesome pictures.
        Enjoyed your report Leslie!  Congrats on the big PR!

Skip

Mariposai

Greta race report Leslie. I have done only one 50k and i know the mental work it takes to go beyond a marathon. Great job sistahh. Great pictures and great report.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

The race sounds like a butt kicking blast! Your RR is enjoyable. Thanks

SteveP

FANTASTIC!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Nice report, as I said before a gritty performance in more ways than one. Loved the "you pay money to do this?' line also.

Congrats on the pr and the finish, glad you recovered and rather quickly at that.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

coastwalker

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the great RR, and please thank your dad for the photos. Congrats on your distance PR, especially in that wind, and on having the perseverance to stay tough and stay focused, even when you hit that wall. Greta job!

I also love your aunt's comment! But I also imagine those post-race shakes can look pretty scary to someone who doesn't understand what is going on, and it is easy to understand why they would wonder why you pay for the chance to go through that.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

You are one tough lady, fatozzig.  Congrats on a PR in nasty conditions.  It's so neat you got to be with family members.

TomS

Way to go, Leslie!  Wonderful race report.  Living in a state that only takes 2 hours or less to drive across (long ways), a 12 hour drive within a single state is mind boggling.  Glad you had your Dad for company!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Thanks, everyone, for your comments.  Yeah, my aunt cracked me up, too.  I can still hear her voice in  my head.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

Way To Go Leslie! Your fortitude is amazing. Great job toughing it out in that wind. I thought that was really funny too what your Aunt said, and come to think of it, you certainly paid a lot more in effort ,time,and training, than just money.

Great Report!

Marathon Maniac #957

"And you pay to do this?" 

I love that!  And so true - only other runners understand what it's like to push yourself to these extremes, and then want to do it again another day!  Great job, and congratulations on the PR, even in that wind!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."