Masters Running

Monday 12/3/18 (Read 42 times)

SteveP

Bioguy celebrates a DIY repair.

Jlynne dusts of the snowshoes in lieu on a football game.

Tramps offers up educational tid bits.

Steve--so what the heck is that glowing stuff?

1 liter of tonic water reduced to 3/4 cup. 300 mg of B2 (riboflavin) and two cups of sugar cooked to 300F.

Rochrunner puts in a warm 5. Good the hear.

Stumpy finally treats us to a picture of his 4 legged friend.

RunnerKSA got out for a rough 6.2.

Joe618 treats us to gorgeous grand daughters. OMG. He puts in 14ish miles and we're all little more savvy on economic situations.

Deez4boyz has a run filled weekend.

Bioguy has a nice 3 miler and has an issue with a nut in the restroom. That's scary. forcing metal parts on a porcelain water tank! Yikes!

Wildchild has a 8.5 fellowship run.

MikeE has 6 on the treadmill.

Mrrun embraces the first night of Hanukkah. It sounds like a nice service.

Falconfixer has a rest and reflection day.

Tetsujin209 has an inquiring mind.

I had zero miles but two handful grandkids so I can't call it a rest day.

SteveP

Joe618

Mornin' all!   Back to the grind in a few minutes.   Late night email from a work colleague wanting to know about choosing a marathon pace.   Nice coworkers I have...seriously...I know some of you struggle.   I'm extremely thankful and grateful to work with a very competent and professional crew.

And Tramps finally unlocked the door for me to post pix...I'll try this again here so you can see my two youngest granddaughters from a few days ago...little one is just two months old now.

My two youngest grandaughters

I'll not bore you with photos, but I've been trying to figure out how to post photos here for three years and now have the trick.   Thank you, Tramps!!

Have a greta Monday all!!

Joe

PS...rest day...gotta get the glutes glued back together....

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Thanks, Steve.

Love the picture, Joe.  That baby is so perfect that I thought she was a doll!  Seriously.  Adorable.

Best intentions, but I just didn't feel up to getting up and out, so waited until the last possible moment and did 2.1 miles on the treadmill.  I might take my stuff and run at lunch from work.  We'll see if that actually happens....

Have a good Monday, y'all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Tramps

Not so fast, Joe. I can't see your pic. And I believe Tet couldn't see mine either. Hmmmm...

3 mile run this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

SteveP - is that grandkid x-training?

Joe - I could see the link yesterday, but not seeing the picture today.  Adorable, though!

KSA - hope you feel better soon.

I got knocked down by a migraine this weekend.  Just couldn't get the gumption to bounce my aching head around.  And we had such lovely weather.  Oh well.  I used to get migraines quite regularly when I was young, then I didn't seem to get them more than twice a year for a while, but this year I think I have had 4-5.  Not enough to go to the doctor, but annoying when I get them.

4 miles on the TM this morning.  Foot still hurts when I run.  I am SO tired of this.  I saw the PT guy on Friday and he gave me some exercises to do.  I am doing them.  We shall see if it helps.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Welcome back to Monday, runners.  I'm plugging along today but the idea of retirement is banging around in my head - must be the retirement sirens singing to me from the rocks off shore.

Off to the gym a little late this AM but still got in a good workout - stretches plus dumbbell bench presses, dumbbell chest flyes on a flat bench, then incline bench dumbbell flyes, overhead presses on a plate loading machine, hip adduction and hip abduction, then internal and external shoulder rotation on the cable machine.  I left knowing I had worked my shoulders well.

Tonight I'm going to try to execute a good 200 IM (50 yards each butterfly-backstroke-breaststroke-crawl) workout plan that starts (and ends) with 400 yards of alternating crawl and backstroke, then 6 repeats in 3:30 each plus a 3:30 recovery for 7:00 Intervals.  If all goes as planned, and I can actually do 6 Intervals (managed to do 4 last Monday night, doing them for the first time), I will swim 2000 yards in exactly 1:00:00.  So I need to be in the water and swimming right at 7:00:00 in order to be out at 8:00.00.   I'm considering shortening the warm up and cool down slightly so that it isn't quite the time crunch in my head.

Good runs, Masters!

an amazing likeness

Tramps -- Google Photos doesn't generate a link to the actual photo (note that the link doesn't end with a file name, ie, .jpg or .png).

[This is because Google's (understandable) goal is to have the browser open the picture on the Google platform, rather than adding a Google element into another party's platform.]

This can be overcome by first 'sharing' the photo in G-Photos, then going to that shared photo page to grab the url for the image. Link to a description of this.

The easier way to overcome Google Photos not wanting to spit out  a embed link directly the .jpg is to put the photo on another photo share site and use that.  (I often use facebook, and have an album on it called "Photos for RA" -- it's a simple download from G-Photos, upload to FB, then link to RA)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Tramps

Testing...testing...

I *think* that worked, right?

Thanks for bailing us out, Milktruck!  Great link.

Be safe. Be kind.

Now I'm at work on my work computer (Firefox) and can't see Joe's picture anymore!  I see Tramps'.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I thought it was me - I couldn't see ANYONE'S pictures yesterday or this morning, except Tramps'.  Nice photo btw. And thanks for the tips Milktruck.

Steve - grandkids = one solid workout. I'm assuming you used a candy thermometer to make your recipe?

Gee Holly - sorry about the migraines and sore foot.

6 miles on the treadmill at the Y this morning with several walk breaks, 10 minutes on the rower, 20 minutes on the bike and finished with a 30 minute personal training session which consisted of TRX bands, kettle bells and lots of planks. I'm bushed. And now I have to fast until a 1:00PM physical so they can draw blood for workups. Why is it you're never hungry until you know you can't eat?!

After the snow moved out of here yesterday, the Packers lost and then they fired their head coach, everyone I talked to at the Y seemed a little lethargic this morning.  Life will go on people...

Joe618

Your snowy photo worked fine, Tramps.

I'll have to jiggle some more with mine.   I can see my photo, but others can't.   Part way there but not all the way.

Such a first world problem....

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Joe618

Trying the same photo again.

or again

________

TammyinGP

Good Morning,

brrrrr, it's cold in Southern Oregon. so glad I won't have to deal with such coldness next week!   

Ran 10.7 yesterday up on some mountains trails. We were just a bit below the snow line, so other than having some icy/crunchy/and a bit of snow in a few parts, our trail was clear, but sure made for some beautiful views once the morning fog started to lift. 

today will be a non running day, but will continue with my packing (maui-bound), making sure we are set on dog food and biscuits for the dog sitter, etc. so many details to think about when we'll be gone for 12 days.

Tammy

...tramps//......I like your house......

=======

..45-min PoolRun/shoes....

Speaking of Protein-

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/12/03/669808699/how-much-protein-do-you-really-need

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

BTY - your swim workouts are amazing!  I'm just struggling to get across the pool....

Joe - no luck yet with the photos for me...

Tammy - 12 days - what an awesome vacation!  Enjoy, and post pictures!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."