Masters Running

Lovely Thursday, July 29 Daily ....... (Read 581 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning Peeps!!

Ahhhhhh.....what a differance a day makes!!    Low 60's and low humidity made it feel like a very refreshing run this morning.  No critter or people sightings - just the big ol' moon lighting our way with  light clouds covering it now and then.  10:27 / 9:41 / 9:58 / 10:08 / 10:08 - 161 avg. HR - 10:05avg. pace     With my 10K this Saturday I'll have my first 100 mile month this year! 

Jlynne - please check in and let us know how you are doing!!

Avenger Doggie - Brinkley doesn't need any help, he's got that game all figured out already!    Wink

I guess I better hit the shower and get ready for work.   I'll smell better when I check back in.

Cheers!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Don't worry, Mary.  Your smells won't come close to the stench I create.

77 degrees and humid at 4 am.  Still had a good, sweaty run.  4 mile warmup, 4 mile cooldown, 9 miles in between.  2:20 for the whole thing.  Now if I do my long run on Saturday instead of Sunday, and I count my week from Sunday to Saturday, this could be a pretty  high mileage week (even though it will only be 4 runs).

I need to get to the beach...

Good Morning Mary,

2 mile x-c race last night  measured 1.9 miles in13:30 20 seconds better than last year,despite the 91F 90% heat,  2/3 Grand Masters finished in front of the one guy I wanted to beat.  

Beat the bad storm by one hour

Mary congrats on getting back to a 100 mile month

I see there was some discussion on parent behavior at sporting events

I trained & assigned LL umpires for 10 years & Steve is not the only one to quit because of parent behavior.  I had a hard time keeping umps due to crazy parents. 

It actually gets better when they get to high school.  Now I only do high school & summer college leagues. 

Much cooler today so hopefully 6 miles later.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Nice running, PBJ.

I tried to do a progression run last night at a local club's weekly 5k....ended up hobbling in with a good old-fashioned cramp....you know, under the rib cage? Seems like since HS that I had one of those.

Out this morning in the rain, a brief 2 mile trot. Looks like we're headed for a cool spell this weekend.

Walt

Slo

Ahh Walt...I hate those !

What a break ! a cool 65 degs this morning......about average humidity. It was nice to wrap up a run and not stand in my driving dripping sweat. Speaking of which.....my DS wanted to know what all the white circles were on the pavement......"Salt Stains".....I told him.

I ran for 1:18:30.....about 9.4 miles......I'm carefree and Garmin-less ! We'll see how long that last. (Bill -- No luck on a free replacement -- serial number is to old and has not been previously refrurbished)

Many happy miles !

....20min xbike standing..........

============

WARNING-

YOU ARE ENTERING A WHINE AREA

.....one of those GBC Days (GetBackInTheCar)

this is just

one of the BestDiseasesEver,,,,,,today the quad felt torn.

maybe a poolrun tonite,

OR

maybe a Bag of Potato(e)chips.......just kidding

.....................good running guys...............I'll vent a few more hours then it'll wear off..........meh

======

ps,,,,,,,,,my younger brother

(who uses my Indian Name

''Running DumbAss'')

just reminded me to

''Do What I can Do,

and

Put a Sock In It''.........alway good advise

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary – congratulations on your first 100 mile month!

PBJ – today wasn’t your LR?

Sarge – excellent racing, especially in that heat!

{{{TomWhite}}}  I find that French Onion Sun Chips always make me feel better on those days. 

10 miles total for me today in 73° and 93%:

2 mile WU, including 3 x 100m striders

5 miles at goal MP (8:46, 8:49, 8:47, 8:53, 8:44)

3 mile CD, including 3 x 100m striders

I’m still at that point where goal MP feels like a hard tempo workout.  Whether it’s the H&H or a statement about my fitness level, I don’t know.  Maybe a little of both. 

For the first time this summer, I took my shirt off, if only for the middle 5 miles on the river trail.

I'm too shy to do it in town, though....

Lunges, bench step-ups, squats, push-ups and two 60-second wall-sits afterward...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

For the first time this summer, I took my shirt off, if only for the middle 5 miles on the river trail.

I'm too shy to do it in town, though....

I'm simply too fat.   

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Holly......My guess is that it's the H&H. My runs have been feeling very labored and as you stated....MP feels more like a tempo and I can't hold my regular tempo pace for more than 20 mins. Today was a noticable diffrence. My 9.4 miles today left me wanting to run some more.
                    Slo

I'm simply too fat.   

I'm too white.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice month Mary!

Sarge!  Nice race in that heat.. wow!

PBJ.. that's special!

Garmin-less SLO and Shirt-less Holly.... nice runs! 

Holly... it's the heat. Just ask the Beers who went from East Coast HHH to West Coast cool and fog. They immediately found long lost speed!

<<<Tom's quad>>>

4 EZ miles in 37:30 (9:22, AHR 149)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Cool enough for you at last, Mary? Congratulations on your 100-mile month, a benchmark that I've never personally reached. And who are you kidding about being "fat?"

Holly, a pace that seems too fast when you're running solo feels a lot easier when you're doing it with a group, such as on race day (but you already know that).

Like Mary said, a big break in the weather today with an early morning 4-mile run on a shaded trail at about 60-some degrees and low humidity. And we'll have more and more of these days as we move into August and beyond.

Have a good one, everybody!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

H&H Holly.  You'll gain about 30 seconds per mile, at the same effort level, once the weather breaks for you.

As for me, yesterday and today have been huge confidence boosters.  Yesterday I did that 10 mile run with 4 at tempo.  So I was planning to run slow and short this morning figuring I'd need some recovery.  But the legs wanted to scoot along this morning.  So 6.5 miles with the last 5.5 miles all well under 9 min/mile pace.  8:56 overall pace.

I had planned on this being a cutback week.  But nope.  It's looking to be another high 40's, maybe 50 mile week and feeling good too.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

I'm carefree and Garmin-less ! We'll see how long that last. (Bill -- No luck on a free replacement -- serial number is to old and has not been previously refrurbished)

Many happy miles !

I have been running garmin-less since June and I am really enjoying the freedom and the challenge of running race pace by feel. last week I took the garmin with me just to check on my tempo pace and I was shocked to see how much easier my faster pace is feeling. I know that this approach is not for everybody, but for me it works.

BTW, sorry to hear about no replacement is coming your way.

Rest day for my wings. It sure felt good to sleep two extra hoursthis morning. 

I am lacking inspiration for dinner tonight...what is dinner at your place?

Holly, great run today. I feel the same about running shirtless in town, but in the woods and around the orchards I don't mind at all. Funny, because I ran shirtless every day last week while in East Coast. 

PBJ, one of these days I will be strong enough to run your PBJ special.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Dave59

I rode my bike for a little over a half hour today.  I usually only use my bike to go a mile to the corner store for milk and Reese's Cups so this was a little different.  I actually figured out how the gears work.

Follow-up with the podiatrist a week from today.  I hope to get a feel for when I can run again.  Still too tender to even consider it, but each day it's a little better than the last.