Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 05/03/09 (Read 314 times)

Well, maybe this week I'll actually get the totals in! Last week - whatta slacker. Tongue (Cripes - It's still Monday and I have the total listed! {gasps from the crowd}) Eliz - 17.3 running; 2.0 walking; resistance 1x; kayaking 2x Dutchie - 45.3K running; 5K biking; LB: 0x; UB: 1x; Abs: 2x dg - 28.1 miles running, some walking, 10.13 min. on the bike, 10:05 min. on the elliptical, 3 hrs. 10 min. assorted strength training Evryday - 35.2 miles - - - 26.2 of those being a MARATHON!!! Big grin Erika aka Evenflein - About 13.3 miles run, 1 hr 5 min. elliptical (7.65 miles), 30 minutes stationary bike (8.33 miles), about 4 miles walking and lots of housecleaning! Editor's Note: yard cleaning, house cleaning, etc. - always considered XT! FrancesRe - Welcome! pfriese - 39 miles running fatozzig - 33.64 running miles, 1 hr core/strength Gang - I think we did a right fine job last week. Give yourselves a hardy pat on the back. Cool

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest -------------------------------------- Done! Tues - 5 miles w/hill repeats --------------- 5 miles, 5 long hill repeats, 10:13 av pace Wed - 3+ miles +strength/core ------------ 1 hour core/strength (couldn't get up in time to run) Thurs - 5 hilly miles -------------------------- 6 hilly miles of hell Dead Fri - 3+ min bike + strength/core --------- 1 hour core/strength Sat - 8 trail miles ----------------------------- 8 trail miles, 12:42 av pace Sun - Rest Day -------------------------------- No, really. My schedule says "Rest Day!!" Big grin Total: 19 running miles; 2 hrs core/strength

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

(Stops patting herself on the back long enough to post.) Smile Monday - a little yoga to help me find my happy place before I get the MRI; can't imagine keeping still inside that big tube for 45 minutes Shocked (MTA - MRI was fine; only had to put my lower leg in!) Tuesday - still ridiculously hot here - 85 at sunset - so I took a day off Wednesday - extremely pleasant 5 miler with a half mile walk both before and after Thursday - stretch and strength 45 minutes Friday - was a lazy bum on a rare Friday evening at home in PA Saturday - power shopping at the expo and easy-peasy yoga this evening (lots o' lying on the floor and contemplating my breath!) Sunday - Broad Street Run 10-miler - DONE Big grin in the rain; RR to follow after I dry out Big grin Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Beginner all over again

FrancesRe - Welcome!
          Thanks! Nice to be here and see everyone. Smile Sunday - Jog/Walk 2.65 miles 50 minutes middle 30 mins up to 50% Jogging. Big Improvement Monday - Bicycle around neighborhood 30 minutes, 4 miles. Tuesday - Off Day, Nothing, shin splints, sore calves, general leg owies stll..................Cry Wednesday - Walked 6 minutes, just a stroll Thursday - Walked 10 minutes, just a half-mile / Resting From overuse calves/shins Friday - walk/jog did one mile at 17 minute/mile pace Saturday - Rested Sunday - May 3rd, my First 5K lots of fun. The plan was to walk or walk/jog/easy it, but I kinda decided to go for it after the first mile, exerted some real effort there. I'm still 'More Walk Than Jog" but I did what I could and clocked a 39:45 for a first race (does that give me a PR now too?) Wink

Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie, don't worry about the totals, that's not why we post... I think. Frances: welcome! Mon.... nothing, woke up with a major headache and after walking around for a few minutes went back to bed. Tue.....Had planned a 10K for today. But imagine my surprise when both my boys walked into the kitchen at 5AM all ready to go out for a run with me Surprised Cause they haven't been running in months I decided to cut the run short and do 6.6K Lovely run, great company :Big grin Wed...Gorgeous morning. Great 10.2K run. What a way to start my birthday Wink Just one break for Dutchie business Wink Had my sips while running. I feel great! Added 18 minutes of abs and 55 min of chest/shoulders/biceps. My shoulders give up on the planks and pushups before anything else does.... Thu.....Another gorgeous morning. And another great run. Did an easy 10.2K with Spooky. Took us slightly longer than yesterday cause we had to step off the road a few times for big agricultural machines chasing us Wink Fri......4.25K warm up jog and a 35 min plyo w/o skipping the warm up since I did the run already. I think I'll be sore for a week! Biked into town to run errands. Sat.....Had an 8.8K planned, but Jimmy decided to come along so changed it to 6.6K which he could easily do. Spike was along too and both he and Spooky were feeling the love this morning pulling me along, at times sooo fast my feet couldn't keep up. Lucky me, Spike didn't forget about his sniff&digg stops so I had a bit of time to recover Wink My butt and inner thighs were slightly sore from yesterday's plyo w/o, but it didn't bother me when running. Sun....20.92K long run. Out&back loop. Running back I was 38 seconds faster, but I was battling a strormy wind for about 5000 meters, and I walked up the dike, so I think I did pretty well. And I was 8 minutes faster than I was 4 weeks ago when I ran the same distance. Total mileage:58.7K Total bike mileage: 10K UB: 1x LB: 2x Abs:2x

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks Leslie.... Welcome Frances Monday.............walking..............walking Tuesday...........walking.............walking Wednesday.....walking.............walking Thursday..........rest...................nothing Friday................3miles.............walking Saturday...........rest...................nothing Sunday.............3miles.............walking Total walking
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! We know what we did... but yes the totals are fun to see. The rehab and XT extravaganza continues... Monday: .5 mile Elliptical warm-up, 25 minutes weights/core work, 30 minutes Pool Running at easy effort Tuesday: 30 minutes Elliptical (3.31 miles) on intervals, .5 mile walk on TM Wednesday: 2.15 miles slow and easy, .3 mile walk Thursday: 2.4 miles, .3 mile walk, 1.5 hours yard work Friday: 30 mins (3.31 miles) Elliptical, .5 mile walk on TM, 45 mins pool running after work Saturday: 5k run (Chena River Run), 1.6 mile walk, 2+ hours yard work Sunday: 45 min. pool running, 1.5 mile walk, 3 hours yard work Totals: 7.7 miles run (all slow), 2 hours pool running, 7.1 miles (1 hr 5 min) elliptical, 4.4 miles walking and over 6.5 hours of yard/lawn work.
                dg.

thanks Leslie! evryday.... nice run in the wind !!! ((( erika ))) dutchie... I'm so glad you're better! ok, behind again. Mon> hmm. oh yeah. 30 min. on the elliptical, 20 min. on the bike, 2 sets of upper body weight machines, back lifts, dead lifts, rows, stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, & russian twists. this is my new added day at the gym. tues> 1 mile, tripped, ouch. 6.46 miles, ouch. (9:35 pace) about a mile walking w/u c/d. and that is all! Wed> a few pt things, but not much. focus was on getting hammies & piriformis to heal. Thurs> 4.26 miles, 9:40 pace. I wasn't sure if I should do this but it helped me hit a mileage goal. 9 min. on the elliptical, 1 set lower body weight machines, except the adductor thing which made me gasp. & the whirlpool. yay. Fri: 30 minutes on the octane elliptical, 20 on the recumbent bike, 1 set lower body machines. that's all the time i had. cross trained again because things are still not right from tuesday. Sat: 30-40 min. mix of pt & prehab & etc. at home. lots of yard work Sun: w/u c/d walk, 10.1 mile run, 9:42 pace. lots more yard work. plenty of good intentions to do pt stuff. i honestly don't remember whether i did or not. it was a whole day ago. sheesh. totals... walking, some of course. 21.8 miles running, 41:09 min. on the bike, 1 hr. 9 min. on the elliptical, & just 1 hr. 24 minutes of strength training! Better fix that next week. Which is now this week. Smile
                  pfriese

Thanks Leslie, M - 5.2 miles running T - 8 miles running W - 6.6 miles running Th - 7.7 miles running F - rest day Sa - rest day Su - 10.1 miles running _______________________ Total - 37.6 mles running - Done Paul