Masters Running

Sunday tapering nonruns plus any running too (Read 450 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Good Morning Mary

how's the weather for the Michiganders today?

Seattle Weather

Right Now
    44°F
    Showers
    Humidity: 87%
    Winds: SSE at 4 mph

Today

I'M so IMmensely IMpressed with TIMbo and everyone's long distance BQ, PR, PDQ, ASAP runs that

I think I'M gunna taper until I get fast too.  

===================

ETA - whoops big remiss forgetting it's November 22 and the awful day in 1963. 

One of the fallouts for me was finally doing his Fitness Council's recommended 50 miler.

ps - I guess it's no coincidence that the one named after him was yesterday

http://www.jfk50mile.org/

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

What great performances we had yesterday...I hope Tramps is running strong in Philly.

Leisurely 9.1 for me today, 1:26:42, 9:32 m/m.

Now I must go rake leaves.

Walt

Good morning gentlemen - everyone must be out finishing their yard work!

Just caught up on yesterday's daily. Yowsa - tremendous races by Nono and Tim! You guys are awesome. Hope you're feeling as good today as you did yesterday, because you deserve it. Anxiously waiting to see how Tramps does...

11.5 miles for me today, 10:22 pace. Just couldn't get the gumption to finish that last little chunk to make it an even 12 miler. Nothing felt right this morning. I just bought some Asics GT2140's and this is my second long run with them. Not sure these are my favorite running shoes - my feet are just so sore after I do a longer run.

Art show went well yesterday - sold over $400 worth of glasses. One more left next Saturday. It's sunny and 50° here today. I'm going to go put up some Christmas lights.

Would like to read some RR's yet today - let's get on that, people!

Have a good one.

dg.

I think I'M gunna taper until I get fast too.  

==================

no matter how long it takes!  Wink     Hiya tet.  thanks for starting us... I did not want to start two days in a row oh no.

and, thanks for the reminder.

belated good luck!!!!

11/22 Tramps - Philadelphia Marathon, Philadelphia, PA

11/22 nj joe - Philadelphia Marathon, Philadelphia PA 

11/22 TomD - Gobbler Grind Marathon Overlland Park, KS

11/22 pfriese - Flying Monkey Marathon, Nashville TN

Walt, did you get your singlet?  How are the girls?

Jeanne, nice run this morning.  Glad your show went well.  (you too Mary, I didn't get back to comment on that).   btw.  You are so not out of shape.  sheesh.

It's cool to hear about your baby prep, Beers.   Smile.    Are they still moving across the country?   Any new Nate pictures?

We (for you, tet) had dense fog this morning.  Such that I thought they'd removed some traffic lights until I was right on top of them.   oops. It was about 36F when I started, but it wasn't windy, which it has been for a while, so I was happy.    I got to run with a friend this morning, I  almost never do that.  Really still think I'm a lone runner by nature, but it was good to catch up, & I couldn't believe how it helped pass the time!  11.02 miles, ave. pace 10:03, max was 9:06.  MIles, all pretty consistent.  One good thing about this, it kept me at a converstional pace which I almost never manage. I usually go to fast, even though it doesn't show , just because I want to get done.  Esp. when it's cold & windy.

Erika you are tough.  What a day to pick to get out there.   Can't imagine why your butt got cold. Your foot is ok?

Leslie, a huge WTG for your trail run (that's putting it mildly) yesterday!

happy Sunday everybody.    I hope Nono & Tim are busy recoverying, Nono maybe a nap is in order.   Can't wait to hear how everyone did today! 

Good day all.  Leslie, what a beast of a run.  Impressive.

Congrats on the good sales, Jlynne.  Good thing too--you have a new person on your gift list this year!

dg--to answer your ? from Friday--no race, just a little running game I play at lunch from time to time (10K under my age).  It's one more reason to relish your birthday when it arrives--you gain a minute!

Thinking about the remaining racers today.  Looks like the VIkes (DH's team) have the Mariners in hand and it's 50+ & sunny so I'd better hit the road for a 5-6 miler.  (Yesterday was 18).

We'd somehow missed "Remember the Titans" when it came out and finally caught it last night.  Really fine film!

SAYHEY, the Lions are playing the Packers again on T'sgiving.  All's right with the world (I grew up with that game--in the days of the Lions' Fearsome Foursome.  I loved Dick "Night Train" Lane.)

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
            evanflein

Amy, yesterday you ran 18? Or it was 18 degrees? We started watching that game and DH said Nah, you don't wanna watch that one... I guess it's the Colts now.

Deb, foot is about the same. The new normal, I think. Better than it was, but it'll never be "good" as far as I can tell. And it's not as cold out today, but I'll be heading out soon for a couple of miles just to get out in the sunshine (it may be cold, but the clear sunny skies are gorgeous!).

Hope TimBo and Nono are feeling good today. I hear Tramps did pretty well at Philly...

Congrats to Tramps, TImbo and Nono!  Fine racing, all.

11 miles this morning at 9:54 pace.  I'm trying really hard to keep my pace under 10 except for recovery runs.  We'll see how long that can last once I start building mileage back up.

Lots of chores and errands this weekend.  Unfortunately I'm running out of weekend before I run out of stuff that needs to be done.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

15 miles this morning with Dr. J and Dr. B----nice run and great company, sunny and 30º when we started off and about 42º at the finish. Feeling good.

All of this wedged in between a hockey tournament---The kiddo scored today but we won't be in the championship game tonight. All fine---the team didn't get blown out and we can have Mr. CNYrunner's birthday dinner as planned. Too much going on to comment on all, but some great racing news from yesterday and more to come from today. Way to go all! 

I am particularly excited about reading Nono's report! Excellent and I hope you are celebrating!

Over and out---out the door tomorrow at 5 am for work and I have lots to do b4 then

Thanks for the kudos re yesterday's run.  I was so happy to end it feeling good as opposed to like death warmed over.

Today - Oh my. My legs are so . . . so . . . tired.  Every incline felt like a small mountain.  Thankfully, I didn't have to adhere to a speed or HR range.  It took me approx 2:09 to get through 12 miles, giving me pause to consider the increasingly high mileage long runs I have in my future.  Then I ate like a horse at breakfast (mmmm - pancakes, bacon, eggs, AND hashbrowns.  Gotta love "Momma's"), and I'm hungry again, just a couple of hours later.  So, I'm off to find something that will lull me into a good nap for the afternoon.

Waiting for reports and to hear about Tramps.  NJ Joe did a great job, finishing in 4:11:23.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tramps

Wow, what a quiet Sunday around here.

Awesome racing yesterday from Nono and Tim.  Congrats to both of you!

Me?  Eh, not so much.  3:36:07.  Not terrible, just not great.  My recurring nemesis—my stomach—acted up again for a very poor final 10K, so that was frustrating and disappointing.  But it still is my second best marathon (of 7), so I don’t feel badly or anything; just another learning experience.  The time was right in the range I had expected.  I’ll get a full RR soon—probably tomorrow.

Thanks for the cheers; I was thinking about you…and not just during the bad parts when I was blaming you all for getting me into this.

Be safe. Be kind.

Tramps!  Not too shabby at all.  I do sympathize, having LMC at the end of more than a few races.  Was the heat part of the problem?  Congrats on a good time and another marathon for the books.

Erika--in the spirit of wishing I could commiserate with you and say it was 18, or 18 below, I would say that, but it got up to 65 here yesterday.  So it's miles.  You are so tough.  Hope your foot surprises you and gets better than you expect.

Off to do chores.  PDR sets a good example.

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

CNY, happy birthday to MrCNY.

Nice long runs for mariposai, fatozzig (real long trail run), jlynne, dg, PDR, CNY, and fatozzig (another and a day after that killer trail run). 

This morning it was in the low to mid 30s and almost calm.  I got in 6 miles in about 59 minutes for a 9:50 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mariposai

.  My recurring nemesis—my stomach—acted up again for a very poor final 10K, so that was frustrating and disappointing.  But it still is my second best marathon (of 7), so I don’t feel badly or anything; just another learning experience.  The time was right in the range I had expected.  I’ll get a full RR soon—probably tomorrow.

Thanks for the cheers; I was thinking about you…and not just during the bad parts when I was blaming you all for getting me into this.

Tramps, Good job on you marathon and...thanks for thinking about us! 

Tramps, it seems to me that you and I ought to team up to do an extensive research about "how to avoid having stomach problems during a marathon". I bit you we can even sell our findings for a dollar or two around here.

Posie in cleaning mode around here. I have decided to attack my dressers today. I was doing fairly well until the sun start shining and it started calling my name. 7 miles in the sunshine thinking of John Denver's "sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. This was a 30 mile week with 4 days of running.

I was thinking of this during my run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJBhdKrwTOc&NR=1

I will try to download my pictures soon so I can show you guys were I went after the twocat went home after our dinner.

Woods Lady...I am coming your way on Friday thru Sunday this week...where and were is that race?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

King of PhotoShop

Tramps, it looked from your splits that you paced yourself perfectly.  Sorry you weren't totally happy with it but it was within the goals you had set for yourself.  On a good day you are easily under 3:30.  Very well done considering your late race issues.

Nono, very good job.

21 slow (9:38's) but fairly effortless miles for me in IRC.  Very pleased with it.  Spareribs

lamerunner

Belated greetings. Great race Tramps! Stomach issues happen... Looks like good long runs for Spareribs and CNY too.

I did a two (yes 2) hour spin class this morning. Good workout. Yesterday I ran 9-10,which is about the longest so far.  Foot achy at the end  but mostly ok. I am jealous of the long runs... but must be patient i guess.

I got my Boston confirmation, though I have much to do before that is a realistic project. I am toying with the idea of trying to do Shamrock too in March; I could combine with a family visit, but between my relative lack of fitness and the kids' ski race  schedule, I am not  yet sure if I can pull it off.  We shall see, 16 weeks away.

My  DD and Ds both race but in different programs, both of which have race work requirements for parents, so in addition to getting the kids to races, we have to work 12  races between the two of us. We pulled it off last year, but it is not that easy, especially if I also want  to get the long runs done. All fun though, and my DD's program runs a van to some of the races so we don't always have to go.

Time for some snow i think...