Masters Running

my son (Read 425 times)

Last week in two of my meetings we shared about the Grace of God.  I think for the past month or two I have been feeling like my son wasnt doing well in Florida and something was going to happen.  Well, he is home and after spending 2 days in a local emergency room he is now in McLeans Psychiatric Hospital.  It was exactly one year ago that he presented with similar symptoms and altho at that time he wasnt given a definitive diagnosis because it was the first episode, we always knew there was a possibility we were seeing the start of a mental illness.  He was stable on medication but as often happens he felt he didnt need them anymore and stopped taking them shortly after moving to Florida. 

I know that it is only by the Grace of God my son made it home from Florida before he totally decompensated.  It is also through God's Grace that I have so many wonderful people in my life - people who love us and pray for us, people like our friend who helped me get him into McLeans.  The last few days were awful - I actually had to call the police to help us and when my son realized it he took off into the woods behind our house.  Fortunately it wasnt a long search and the police dog located him quickly but it was awful.

I feel strength knowing God is present in my life and I ask for continued prayers for my son - that he is able to cooperate with the medical staff, takes his meds and stabilizes and I thank you all for keeping us in your prayers and for those of you who have different beliefs please know I totally respect that and would appreciate  your good thoughts.

denise

Slo

Deez......The timelyness (sp?) of your post is almost uncanny....A God-incidence maybe ??

On my run this morning I thought about your son and added him to my intentions.

You are your family are in my prayers.

BlazinCajun

Denise,

Sounds like you are faithful - Your faithfulness will be your strength and continue to praise His name. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Andrew
        ------------------
        God, my Lord, is my strength;
        he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
        and enables me to go upon the heights.
        Hb 3:19

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Denise - you are blessed to have such a strong sense of faith and I too will pray for your family and your son.   This has been a very hard year for you and it breaks my heart to read.   As a mother, I can only imagine how awful the past few days have been.    Special hugs to you.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wildchild

Carolyn

Denise, I was thinking about your son recently, too, and wondering how he was doing.  So sorry to hear he's had a recurrence of last year's issues, but  I'm so glad he made it home and is getting care.  This must be rough on your whole family and you are all in my thoughts.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Denise, when you mentioned "family issues" the other day in one of your posts I was afraid it might be this.  I've been praying for him and you ever since and will continue to do so.

Blessings, Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Denise....another coincidence - I was also thinking of you this morning while waiting at my DS’s ortho appointment...(strange how we are all connected that way)....I was reading a book that I got at a church retreat last year called The Worn-Out Woman and I was thinking of e-mailing you and recommending it.  Well, now more than ever I think you might benefit from it.  This has got to be just overwhelming for you – you and your DS and the rest of your family are in my prayers....(((hugs)))

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Oh Denise, so sorry this is happening. Thank God he got home and is now getting the care he needs. I think about you often, and will keep hoping and praying for you and your son.
                  SteveP

Denise,

I pray that your family finds a new stability. Though there will be tribulations, there will also be unexpected rewards.

Please take care of yourself as well as your son. You do not have to go through this alone.

SteveP

I've often wondered when talking with my clients who have mental health diagnoses why their meds can't be administered via a patch, as with estrogen or the nicotine patches.  It wouldn't be a 100% solution, but might help at least some folks. 

Of course I will pray for your family and wishing you continued grace and strength.

Masters 2000 miles
                        Denise - I was so sorry to read about your son. I was hoping that his re-locating to Florida would help give him a fresh start. We know that God works in mysterious ways - and mothers always have that special feeling when something is not right with their children. I hope that McLeans will be able to provide the help he needs, and will say prayers that you and your family will find the strength to get through this hard time in your lives. Healing thoughts and blessings to you all. Take care of yourself.
                        lamerunner

(((( Denise)))) That sounds so hard.   Things that happen to your kids are so visceral.... I will keep you in my thoughts. It is wonderful you got him into Mclean at least so maybe there will be a more clear diagnosis and some progress. Hang in there...

Renee the dog

Denise, when you mentioned "family issues" the other day in one of your posts I was afraid it might be this.  I've been praying for him and you ever since and will continue to do so.

Blessings, Bill

I'm embarassed to say I totally didn't get it when you mentioned this the other day.   Thoughts and prayers for strength and discernment through this terribly difficult period. {{{ Denise }}}

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Denise - I do not think it a coincidence that so many of us were thinking of you and your family without knowing the current difficulties through which you are trying to find your way.  God truly does work in mysterious ways.  May you find peace in knowing so many have you and your family in their thoughts and prayers and that with God, all things are possible - even those times that try our souls to the very core.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

King of PhotoShop

I am thinking of you and your family Denise; just know that I am on your side.  Spareribs