Masters Running

A Christmas Moment (Christian Content) (Read 33 times)

Many of you know I am a Christian, and know the circumstances of my husband and I over the past few years.  I'd like to share something with you:

A couple of nights ago, we got a phone call from a gentleman with whom Shorty coached baseball years ago at College of the Redwoods and with the Humboldt Crabs.  It had probably been at least 4 years or more since we'd last seen him because he and his wife moved away to be closer to their kids.  Tom and Phyllis made a tremendous impact on our lives during the time we were blessed to be around them, and Shorty and I were both saddened to learn that Phyllis passed away about a year and a half ago.  And as I listened to Shorty's side of the phone conversation, I couldn't help but feel so proud of him as he talked to Tom about the difficulties we went through, which Tom was very aware of, and how our life together has been turned around.

Last night we got a Christmas card from Tom, and inside was a totally unexpected surprise over which I am still in shock and which is, without a doubt, an answer to my prayer of a couple of days ago.  I still have to fight back the tears because I just . . . . I'm just in total and complete shock.

Every day - EVERY . . . SINGLE . . . DAY - God showers Shorty and me with His blessings.  To know where we came from and to see where our lives are now, how could we not believe that all this has only happened because of God?  Through God, ANYTHING is possible - we are living, breathing proof of that - and I thank Him each and every day for the hardships we faced and for loving us, for believing in us, for not giving up on us when we had given up on ourselves.

This Christmas season, I thank God for the greatest gift ever, his Son, Jesus Christ, and for our richly, blessed lives.

Merry Christmas to you all, and may God shine His glory all around you ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Thanks for sharing that Leslie! I'm so glad to hear that you and Shorty have been so blessed!

Tammy

#artbydmcbride

Thanks fattozig!  May God continue to bless you and be near you all of your days!

Runners run

fatozzig I am very glad your faith has been such a positive in your life.  I think it is a sad commentary on our society that you would feel compelled to note there was Christian content in your post.  Your story is a wonderful one - no matter what one's faith.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep--that's Christmas.

"That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."  God hears our prayers, Leslie.

evanflein

Merry Christmas, Leslie! Best wishes to you and Shorty; that was a wonderful message. Thanks.

Merry Christmas Leslie!  I am always amazed at how our Prayers are answered usually many, many times over.  They may not be answered as we might expect, but always answered none the less.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I hear ya, TwoKitty.  On the other hand, to put a more positive "spin" on it, perhaps someone seeing that my post has Christian content and who might otherwise have not read it, might be compelled to read what I have to say and maybe, just maybe, that person's life could be changed, or could begin to be changed, for the better. 

I love you and all am grateful to have you in my life - even if only virtually.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

leslie -

I didn't know you didn't know it

but all of your posts have Christian content.

Merry Christmas too..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Afraid any mention of religion seems to be touchy these days, so I would consider the mention a common courtesy.  particularly if the thread is not about a fun run on Christmas morning or such.   Not that I think it's a big deal around here, but lots of trolls in the greater interweb world.

Merry Christmas to all my friends of each and every faith.  Not sure where karma falls in the faith spectrum, but nice to see good things come to good people.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - what a wonderful blessing!  Thank you for sharing this....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...as usual, tet nailed it........

leslie -

I didn't know you didn't know it

but all of your posts have Christian content.

Merry Christmas too..

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

So beautiful Leslie - Merry Christmas to you and Shorty and I thank God for people like you and your friend Tom!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank God for . . .  your friend Tom!!

Tom - there's sure something special about the Tom's around here.

thanks again leslie.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)