Masters Running

Sunday, 12.6.15 (Read 28 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

We're having a great time in Camden, ME for their annual Christmas by the Sea weekend. There was a terrific concert by high school kids at the library late Friday afternoon, followed by the Christmas parade down Main St. at 6, followed by the official tree lighting at a park overlooking the harbor. On Saturday, we had our pictures taken with some local belted cows, toured (and shopped at) some craft fairs, watched Santa come in by boat, listened to a wonderful bell ringing concert, and finally had a great dinner at a local restaurant. There was more that we wanted to do, but we couldn't fit it all in. Here are some photos:

Santa arriving on the Harbor Master's boat

DN taking a selfie with Santa

And an up-close shot of some of the bells that were rung at the concert

6.5 RW miles this morning on a very scenic route in and around Camden and Rockport, ME, by historic buildings, the belted cows in their pastures, and gorgeous homes with harbor views. 34F with some slick frost on some of the roads because the sun wasn't up yet.

Heading home today, with a stop for our DN at LL Bean's home store in Freeport, ME.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Mornin' Jay and all, especially who might be emerging from the rain.

(we're not)

Nice Merry Christmas/holiday weekend Jay, especially the parade
      However, you never know what you're gunna learn herein that you've never heard of before

Mornin' everyone.

On Saturday, we had our pictures taken with some local belted cows,

the belted cows in their pastures

ps holly - I bet those lights'd be even more blinding bright in the snow

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

Jay, while you were enjoying Camden we were in Portsmouth enjoying the Nutcracker. Marj's GD 1 was in it as a cute little mouse.

Beautiful but cool morning as I did a 10 miler.

Celebrating Hanukkah this evening with GD 2.

moebo

Jay, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend. Your DN is lucky to have such great hosts!

Congratulations on another 10-miler, Henrun. Hope you have a nice Hanukkah celebration with your GD2 tonight!

I got out in the beautiful (but cold) sunny morning for 8.65 miles today, 9:45 average pace.

Afterwards, I had some coupons to get rid of, so I  tried my luck finding new shoes at a local sportswear store. For once they had something I wanted, and I ended up scoring some ASICS Gel Nimbus for 82 bucks (instead of $150), woohoo! I am so excited to try them that I may end up doing a double today...

Have a great day, all!

Sayhey! MM#130

So lovely reading about everyone's celebrations......and Santa!

Just 14 for me under some cloud cover, much appreciated.   Lots of folks gearing up for a local full and half next weekend.

I think Karin had a speedy 5K in her glitter-glam skirt.

Anyone making latkes tonight?

Happy Sundays, all.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay - great pics!

Tet - thanks, I was wondering about the belted cows.

Mike - I hope your foot is feeling better.  Did you ever figure out how to fold the towels?

14 miles for me today in 27 degrees and rather dense fog for most of it.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Aamos, good racing.  Mike, take care of your foot.  Jay, neat pictures.

Nice long runs for henrun, Aamos, and Holly.

This morning, it was in the mid to high 20s and almost calm.  I got in 3 miles at an 11:21 pace.  I wouldn't have normally run today but I'm running neck and neck with the 1000 mile pace bunny and it looks like our schedules may require me to miss a few normal runs.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Henrun

Aamos, sweet potato latkes tonight!!

...we had a fun week in Camden when Claire was little,

but

my idea of a Beach and theirs was a wee bit different,

not much Running on that vacation...................enjoy jay>>>>go climb Mount Battie if you run out of things to do

==========

supposedly 50's here, but that Wind was COLD

....60-min HH walk, no cane

and a good time was had by all

..........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Nice to post after Good Times Tomwhite.   

Hi everyone.  I put green lights up on the roof rack of my car (then plug them into the outlet that I use to charge my cellphone).  That was my big holiday project for the weekend...will work the rest in slowly.

OK, so I did a 6-miler on hilly trails (walking the steep uphills) and it was hard & fun.  Now, the GREAT thing about being out of shape and doing a workout like that is that the endorphins are AMAZING afterwards!  For hours I felt calmly powerful.  

Hi friends,

My team for Mill Cities had to bail today -- one of our other runners fell ill with this cough last night and was in rough shape this morning so we decided it was a no go ... it's a 5 person team and if I had been healthy I could have taken a second leg but not with this cough, we already had 1 runner doing the 9.5 mile leg that I was supposed to do and the other 2 are on the slightly injured list and couldn't do anything longer than the 2.7 and 4.7 legs so we were out. I went back to bed after we made the decision and slept for another 3 hours so it was a good plan!!

Aamos - I don't know Trish Kelly but looked her up on FB and we have 2 mutual friends

Holly - beautiful photos!

Jay - Christmas by the Sea looks like a lot of fun!

Happy Hanukkah - Henry, Marj and all who celebrate

Feeling very out of shape and in a funk after this sick week, but starting to feel a little better and think in another day or two I should be ready for a good workout!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Happy Hanukkah, Henry and Marj!  After setting up two Christmas trees, I'm considering converting...

We set up one tree in our family room with normal decorations and another up in the living room (that nobody lives in) completely with Precious Moments ornaments.  Yeah...it's so much fun...and so very festive.

Okay--I'm gonna go before my iPad locks up, again, and I lose what I've written.  See ya!

Mariposai

MikeE, how impressed was your sweet heart with your home caring skills?

The highlight of our weekend was to welcome our returning Peace Corps Macedonia Volunteer. He did amazing work while his 2 years tour.

Here we are waiting for our son

Here he is  so proud of having had the awesome opportunity to represent our nation as a Peace Corps Volunteers!

Our travel back home from Seattle was very, very hairy...but we made it home.

The Easy Pacer dropped me off 14 miles from home on the highway. I ran home as fast as I could,resulting on 13 miles at MP pace.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Congratulations, Posalina!  Great run, too!

Happy Hanukkah to Henrun & Marj and others. Nice 10 mile run for you Henrun.

Thanks for the update and pictures, Jay. Looks like a fun time.  Oh, tet, I didn't know what a belted cow was until now, thanks! MrStarr doesn't know the actual breed name but he knows a lot about cows since he grew up on a dairy farm.

Holly, that holiday light show looked awesome to drive by but I wouldn't want it next door to me.  And your music playing next door all night would be intolerable! I am glad that we have good neighbors.  MrStarr finally put out outdoor lights up on Saturday after I got huffy about it.

moebo, nice run at a decent pace too.  I do the same thing with coupons, oh the money I spend trying to not lose $5 or $10 here or there.  I can really score big at Kohl's and then you get Kohl's cash so they get you back again, ack!

TomSelbs, wow 1000 miles, that is great. I'd try to get there too if you are that close.

I agree, Tomwhite, 50° and wind can be very, very cold.  Now tonight it was 36° (windchill 26°Wink and downright pleasant !

I 'd better get done here before my laptop crashes.  Goodnight everyone.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich