Masters Running

Redemption Saturday (Read 39 times)

It snowed again last night!!! And here I was hoping for clear streets to run my longest run in 4 over years!!! and cold too - 16   I feel like this could be a turning point in my life. I was a little down last night but writing out my thoughts sure helped. Everyone should give that a try...and now the best part is I get to run. I have so missed it when sick....it's a salvation not a solution.

Enjoy your runs everyone or your recovery. Ganbare (for those that remember!)

Recent Best times: None recently

...Wishing Tall a Cleansing Run//////

=========

20's and snowing here too.

......thanks

for the GoodVibes yesterday,

not being

able to walk is Annoying,,,,,,,,,,having'' TheBack'' hurting scares the Crappe out of me.

32min poolrun

........didn't fix the Back, but didn't hurt it either.

THE GOOD NEWS-

if the streets stay frozen,

will skip the BikeRide and head over to TheTrack for a trial Jogg (cane assisted)

ohboyohboy

...................good running guys...............Run With What You Got.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Tall--Ganbare!

TW--hope the back feels better soon.

20F here, too, but no snow.  Chilly enough to start freezing my water bottles this morning.  15.9 EZ miles.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

Thank you for your support Tom and Tramps!

The run was good. Always loved to run in the fluffy stuff. Got a good sweat going..probably 10k. Not sure my annular tear that I had four years back will ever allow me to go very long again. Past 5k the lower back gets weak and impacts my running..at least i can run again and I will keep doing my physio exercises.

Think it's a home made pizza night!!! with that snow falling. And after a bit more stretching, home made crepes...my oldest should be home soon from her girls sleepover.

Have a fantastic day everyone.

Recent Best times: None recently

pfriese

Perfect day for a sproinky run here, 10.1 miles with the running club. Ran the last 4 miles with Opie.

Have a great weekend.

Paul

mrrun

Such great runs posted so far - ran a couple flat with henrun, then 2 + in hill repeats - a good workout.  rest for a few and off to the theater.

happy ground hog day all!

marj

Dave59

I ran an 8k this morning.  The Frankenmuth Winterlauf.  I felt good and had fun.  If I would just stop keeping records I wouldn't have known it was another PW at 43:30.  (14 of 29 AG)  (146 of 371 Overall)

19° and snowing.  I was in the minority not wearing spikes or yaxtrak but I didn't feel like I needed them.

All I could think about was the coffee shop next to the finish line.  I stopped in and got a large Fair Trade Rwanda dark roast as soon as possible. I don't think I have ever seen Rwanda coffee before but it was very good.

Once I finish all the junk food in the house this weekend I hope to start running a little more, eating a little better, and stem the tide of all these PW's I have been posting.

King of PhotoShop

Yes, I remember Ganbare!  Thanks Tall!

I worked a couple of days in Michigan, had a rental car, and on my way back to the airport my client gave me two pieces of advice.  1)  Watch out for the sugar beet trucks (that's another story) and 2) Don't forget to stop in Frankenmuth as you are going right through it. What a fun place that was.

Today I raced a 5-mile handicap race, which started at 8 a.m., at least for some people. For 66-year old men it started at 8:22 a.m. and for my 49 year old female RP it started at 8:24 a.m.  What a time!  Young people whizzing by you every minute or so, trying to figure out what pace to run, and lots of trash talking and just plain fun.  There is a woman in our Club, late 40's and very fast.  Last year she passed me at about one mile and grabbed me by the ass on her way by, yelling some ageist remark about how old guys need to get out of the way. It was that sort of race. She did it again today.

My RP was first female overall, so I was happy for her, especially for beating the ass-grabber.  They gave medals to the top 50 finishers as the scoring would be very difficult to do otherwise. I was 43rd OA so I got one.  I had so much fun!  I ran 41:12, or 8:15 a mile, with my final mile at 8:02.  Nap time.  Spareribs

Dave59

FYI:

An early spring is on the way, according to groundhog "Punxsutawney Phil."

When the Pennsylvania groundhog emerged from his dwelling at Gobbler's Knob Saturday morning, he did not see his shadow.

"And so ye faithful, there is no shadow to see, an early Spring for you and me," proclaimed Bob Roberts, one of Phil's handlers.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

So it's an ass-grabbing kind of day, plus we get an early spring. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

4.5 super slow recovery miles, legs feeling remarkably happy after yesterday's 15-miler. Jury's still out on how I'll do in my 4 mile race tomorrow, considering I don't do any formal speedwork anymore.

Great races and runs today so far! Enjoy the day Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

So it's an ass-grabbing kind of day, plus we get an early spring. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Big grin

Tom - hoping that back releases for you quickly...

Ribs - nice race, and sounds like a lot of fun.

15 degrees and windy this morning with falling snow.  I was waivering but began to suit up for an outside run when DH came in, looked at me incredulously and said, "What?  It's colder than bleep out there and slippery!"  That's about all it took to break my resolve and I headed to the TM for 7.2 easy-paced miles watching another episode of Justified.  Plus planks.

For DS' birthday, he wanted to take some of his friends to the movies to see Django Unchained this eveningUnfortunately, since this is an R-rated movie, an adult has to go in and watch the movie with them.  Since this movie is almost 3 hours, DH opted out (his back makes sitting that long without moving painful), so that puts me as the chaperone.  DS probably doesn't want me to actually sit with them, so I'll be that woman sitting alone in the back of a movie theatre on a Saturday night....Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

3.5 miles on fairly easy trail.  Knee only twinged a few brief times, so I felt very fortunate.  Probably be able to run again tomorrow.

I realized there are several different running gods.

the one you pray to for injury prevention - today's god for me

the one you pray to for speed

the one you pray to to keep the rain away

the one you pray to for effortlessness

the one you pray to for one more mile when you've got nothing left

the one you pray to for a bathroom right around the corner

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

evanflein

Good for you, Tall, for getting out for a good 10k today.

TW, I'm sorry you're having back problems, but pool running is good for just about anything that's ailing you. What happened to your back?

Nice job on the long run, OM. I'll echo what someone else said recently that you've become quite the runner these days!

Holly, I feel for you on that movie. We saw previews the other night... A bit too violent for my liking. Spareribs took the Saint to that for their anniversary (the endless romantic). As for running after work, this winter has been difficult because it seems like we always get home too late, but I love leaving the office and hitting the trails after work. It's a great way to leave work behind, literally. And sometimes it just helps me work through something I'm working on so that helps too. I like running at lunchtime too, but then have to deal with the post-run hair thing the rest of the day.

Today is warm (14 F) and the sun is shining! I'll get out for some miles either here by the house (hilly) or by campus (less hilly) later today.

Was thinking of a marathon in CO in early May in conjunction with DH's conference, but it's the same weekend as our first series race here, and I'm so not in marathon shape. Still not sure what to do.

Tall - Hope you had a cleansing fun run!

TW - Hope your back is feeling better.

Tramps - That was one "Cool" long run.

Paul - Nice run with the group, always fun to run with a group rather than alone in my opinion.

Mrrun - way to support Marj.

Dave - It maybe a PW but it was still a nice run.

Ribs - Great run and congrats on the award.  So did she grab your ass"again this year?

OM - Good luck in your race tomorrow, I've got a 10 mile race on tap for tomorrow as well.

Holly - 7.2 on a TM is still a good run.

Enke - nice easy run, glad no problems with the knee.

Erika - what's up with that---warmer for you than me at 10 degrees?

I was able to squeeze my 11 miler in yesterday, even got it in outside as DW wanted to send time with family & friends  - 11 miles - 1:37:36 (8:53) on the same route as my Tuesday run - much better!

This morning I had t get up early to get in an easy five before the funeral services - 10 degrees and a bit of a breeze - 5 miles - 47:29 (9:30)

Race day tomorrow (Mid-Winter 10 Miler) - it is supposed to be cool and breezy with the possibility of snow showers.

Have a great day everyone.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

not that I know anyone else who does it dave <<<(that would be me)>>>>,

pretty soon you'll be having PW PR's.

However, thanks a lot extrabones.. 
                                Now that some of the young boomers are in awe with our super-master running, even sticking my neck out for a 150-miler when I’ve never run half that far even in a month but it got one goddess to say it inspires her, you don’t have to go telling them so much about the non-running benefits.

ps erika - have DH run the mary and you can stick with your series.

Good luck this year; how’s the AG group look for you?

pps - I'll take DH out for some carbo-loa.....  I mean a training run if he has a seattle stop over.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)