Masters Running

Thursday 8-30.... (Read 445 times)

Thanks for all the shout outs its great to be back.

3.5 easy miles for me today in a warm 84 degrees but unusually comfortable feeling.Confused The humidity must be low.

I actually got out one time this summer at 4 am ish. I woke up and couldn't sleep and decided to give it a try. Well you notice I only did it once.Joking 

Research And N? Developement  Can't remember what the N stands for.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Sarge, it sounds like you had a great bike trip.  Thanks for the pictures.  wild, your sunrise picture was fantastic.

Nice long run for bike.

This morning, it was in the low 60s and there was a light wind.  I got in 6 miles at an 11:08 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

SteveP

Okay, here is your question of the day.  You have all heard of the Rand Corporation, a non-profit think tank.  What does "Rand" stand for?  Spareribs

it may very similar to the "Wayne Foundation", which is a family name. As is not uncommon, the facts I have to back me up are fictitious. Though, I suspect that the Rand Corporation has spent a lot of think tank time trying to have life imitate art.

"Associate Professor of Social Psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles, and an adjunct behavioral scientist at the Rand Corporation Benjamin Karney, notes that Batman's personality is driven by Bruce Wayne's inherent humanity; that 'Batman, for all its benefits and for all of the time Bruce Wayne devotes to it, is ultimately a tool for Bruce Wayne's efforts to make the world better'."

SteveP

King of PhotoShop

No it isn't plus or five minutes Breger!  You softie!  8 miles, one hour. (Although I have to agree, as we have aged on the site, the plus and minus thing was pretty smooth.)

Well, at least Haillar was close, so what a good welcome back for him.  RAND stands for research and development.  More tomorrow.  Spareribs

So there is no peanut butter involved?  Drats!

Finally downloaded my Garmin,

last 0.18 miles was at 7:19 pace, nice.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Spareribs wow I never wondered what RAND stood for!  There is an academic journal named RAND (since they publish it) that specializes in the area of industrial organization research.  As a graduate student I read numerous papers in it and never gave the organization's name a second thought.

Today was 18 miles.  Went well.  Translation: so far the ankle is not complaining.  Busy work day for me otherwise and so now I am off to bed since tomorrow is not going to be any less busy.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Here I was thinking no one was paying attention to these trivia questions, then I throw in a few easy ones and everyone jumps in. 

Of course we're paying attention, we just don't know the answers......Smile  I put Downton Abbey on reserve at the library.  I have a few people ahead of me, so I will likely take a few weeks to come in, but I won't really have much time for tv until after soccer season anyway.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I intended to get up early for a great run yesterday, but felt sluggish and tired, so I settled for 5 easy-paced miles in 67 degrees.

I was planning doing a 20-miler Saturday, but now we have thunderstorms in the forecast, and for Sunday and Monday too.   We'll see how it pans out.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

RAND stands for research and development.  More tomorrow.  Spareribs

...so what did ''McNally'' stand for??????

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Hi all. A nice 6-miler for tselbs today (someone has to mention him in a post once in a while!). OM, I know the feeling of taper-madness, and at my age I have to take even more days off before a long race.

Rode 27.5 with an old friend yesterday. We started early to beat the heat and rising wind, and were lucky enough to just barely make it, with only the last couple of miles in the hot sun and into a stiff breeze.

This morning I was feeling unusually mellow and went out for a 4-mile casual walk, again early to beat the heat and wind. I don't have much to do today, but usually that gets me as wired as if I have too much to do. But it was a nice feeling while it lasted, and the walk was quite enjoyable. I might have to do it again some time. Now I'm off to shop a sale at the Performance Bike store, which should also keep me in that mellow mood.

Have a good Labor Day weekend, everyone!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

...so what did ''McNally'' stand for??????

Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."