Masters Running

Believe! (Read 318 times)

People!  especially my former comrades in New England---    Spring, however distant it seems, is on the way, I promise!

We are winding up a week in Ft.Myers, spring training home of the Sox and the Twins, and warm temps and green grass are on the way, however distant they seem.  It is coming!

OK, we ran a half in Sarasota for the purists, so this is a run related thread.  I ran an 8:30 pace and was 4/69 in my AG; D. came in at 2:29, ahead of about 14 in his AG so we're happy.  It's warm here!

Got to see 4 Sox games, every one in 70 degree temps and sun.  We were mostly on the first base line, so I have a ball park sunburn, on my left side.  It's all good--watching baseball in the sun in the afternoon, wearing shorts and a sleeveless shirt--summer is knocking at the door, my chums, I promise, and it's good, very good!

One of the games we saw was connected to my alma mater's Sox game, and the pres of the college (Framingham State) tells me the mayor of Athens, Greece may be in Hopkinton for the Boston Marathon this year.  No, my school isn't a biggie, but the race does go through Framingham, so the several towns involved are on notice.

D. and I are seriously considering calling in sick and staying here.  It's been a great week.  The City of Palms Park  announcer was good enough to give us the Boston weather forecast every day, so I do commiserate with all my soggy chums. 

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #3309

Congrats Amy on a great race and AG placement....you Rawk! - And thanks for the Wonderful reminder that Sunny skies - warm weather - and Bikini Clad Wimmins are heading our way soon enough (well, to the guy folk anyways) - It's so nice to hear about your excitement seeing your team play, and all that goes with that.....even the "ball park" tan -----Grins back to you Dear - TimBo --------PS: I sure am Blessed that I had the opportunity to met you.....everyone should experience that Joy !

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

SteveP

It sounds like a wonderful experience!!!!

SteveP

Aamos, nice racing for both of you.  It sounds like a great vacation.  I'm sure ready for the nice weather to get where I am.

TomS

OOOOOh!  Baseball, sunburn, shorts, short sleeve shirt - doesn't get much better than this!!  Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your vacation!!  Congrats on the age group placement - excellent!!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Super job Amy!    I love Sarasota too ..... my big brother lives there.  Smile    I vote you call in and enjoy some more time down there - you both deserve it.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

so awesome Amy!!  GGOOOOOOOOOO Red Sox!!

p.s. There is a bright thing in the sky this morning -- oh ya -- it's the sun -- i remember that!!   now if only that new lake will disappear from my backyard

denise

Marathon Maniac #957

It's all good--watching baseball in the sun in the afternoon, wearing shorts and a sleeveless shirt--summer is knocking at the door, my chums, I promise, and it's good, very good!

Beautiful!

Excellent racing as well!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Amy, GO SOX!                                                             

And congrats on your HM run. I haven't been to Sarasota for years and always enjoyed it. It gives me an idea for next year's Florida half.                              

wildchild

Carolyn

Sorry to hear you and D are sick and won't be able to travel back home.   Congrats to you  both for a nice race.  I'll just ignore the baseball talk.

It's supposed to be 60° in Denver today so I'm not too jealous of your good weather. Although it's predicted to snow again on Friday.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

dg.

Amy get well soon.    But give yourself enough time to avoid a relapse....

congratulations to you & Dan!!   Big grinBig grin       

is Frank holding the fort & manning the snow shovel?

evanflein

Amy you rascal. Nice race for both of you.