Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E NOVEMBER 30TH (Read 539 times)

I'm thankful that I've come to know such a wonderful group of people as you folks...Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday... Dark Horse-25 miles + 600 pushups and situps + 90 arm curls,leg curls,lat pulldowns and squats + 150 wrist curls...another nice week Dg-20.1 miles + 4 walk + 1hr.6min ellip,43min bike and 3hr15 min strength... Shocked Dutchie-18.8K...that's getting better eliz-14.2 miles + 2 walk...class still going well?? evanflein- 2hr40min ellip,30min bike,1hr10min pool running and 1hr30min weights and core...tough as nails evryday-27 miles...good job fatozzig-29.5 miles + core...sweet trail run lyndenrunner-27 miles...mini-taper nowor-17 miles + gym + yoga...excellent week pfriese-36.2 miles including a super marathon tetsujin-tapering well...alas no pink door for me this year
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:13 Tue-Off Wed-8@8:05 Thur-Off Fri-5@8:36 Sat-2@9:19 Sun-13.1@8:31 Total=33.1 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thanks, Gordon. Happy Thanksgiving and have a blast in Seattle. Class is almost over (only two more meetings, this Monday and next), and I'm looking forward to more days/week of running. Only a half-day with the kiddos with this week, and I'll be at the shore from Wednesday through Sunday. Whoo hoo! Monday - (rest) whoo hoo, nailed THAT goal! Tuesday - 2 miles running and 0.7 walking back from dropping my car off at the garage Wednesday - late start on errands and packing, so rest day Thursday - 5K was fun; no PRs; OK time, but I'm learning how to race and feel less and less of a running imposter Smile ran 3.1; walked 1.0 Friday - (recovering from 5K and turkey) 6 hours of rehearsals for upcoming holiday gigs Saturday - (long run) turned into intervals - ran 5.0, walked 1.0 Sunday - extra-long morning at church with rehearsals before and after the service and RAIN made it a rest/travel day; stretch and strength during Desperate Housewives tonight Week totals: 10.1 running, 2.7 walking; second 5K this month; some random stretching and strength Have a good week, everyone. Happy Thanksgiving! Eliz Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

Dutchie42

Gooood Morning all, and thanks Gordon for starting the new week Smile And you guys have a happy Thanksgiving! This week I'll write up how much mileage I have planned. Let's see how much I manage to do. No early meetings etc. planned this week, so all should go smoothly (I hope). Mon...(7.0K planned) -> 7.0K in the slushy mushy snow and a one-way bike commute (6.5K). Tue...(LB/UB strength) -> oops, only abs and yee's AM yoga hipopeners and a 13K bike commute. Wed..(10.0K planned) -> LB/UB strength (30/30min), trying to catch up on my schedule and a 13K bike commute Thu...(10.0K planned) -> had a day off from work. Despite all these plans I had the day got away from me and I have nothing to report exept Yee's AM yoga hipopeners. Fri.....(LB/UB strength) -> LB/UB strength pyramid style and a 13K bike commute Sat...(7.0K planned) -> 7.8K easy run. And my R-foot now hurts as bad as it did two months ago. Nothing happened. It just started to hurt again after approx. 5K. Sun..(14K planned) -> pain in R-foot flared up again. Who knows why? Total mileage (48K planned) -> 14.8K running plus 39K biking

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks, Gordon! Thankful to know you too! Have fun at the Seattle Marathon doin's this week! I might try some running this week... Monday: 3.36 miles easy on the treadmill, 30 minutes; .66 mile walking Tuesday: 4 miles easy, 30 minutes upper body weights and abs, .5 mile walking w/u and c/d Wednesday: 20 mins elliptical (2.5 miles), .25 mile walk c/d, 15 mins leg strength work, 40 minutes pool running. Thursday: 6 miles on the treadmill, 8:31 avg pace; .66 mile walking w/u and c/d Friday: 5.2 miles outside in colder than I expected temps... (between 5 and 7F, so can't say more miles than degrees really!) Saturday: 7.48 miles on the treadmill, 15 minutes of pool running, .67 mile walk w/u and c/d Sunday: 4.02 miles on the treadmill, .66 mile walk w/u and c/d, 20 minutes of pool running Totals: 30.1 miles running 3.2 miles walking 2.5 miles on the elliptical 1 hour 15 minutes of pool running 2 x strength training
              Thanks Lyndenrunner! With the Thanksgiving holiday this week, my work plans have changed from the routine. Therefore I'm still trying to shuffle my running schedule around. But here's the current plan. Mon....rest...............rest Tues...rest...............rest Wed...6miles.............6miles Thurs..3miles.............6miles Frid....6miles.............rest Sat....3miles.............6miles Sun... 9miles.............9miles Total....27 miles
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Thanks, lyndenrunner. Smile Monday: 200 pushups, 200 situps, 30 leg curls, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 50 wrist curls Tuesday: 7 miles on the treadmill Wednesday: travel Thursday: 5 miles on the treadmill Friday: 5 miles on the treadmill Saturday: 5 miles on the treadmill Sunday: 5 miles cross-country Totals: 27 miles, 200 pushups, 200 situps, 30 leg curls, 30 arm curls, 30 lat pulldowns, 30 squats, 50 wrist curls Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                  I'm thankful that I've come to know such a wonderful group of people as you folks...Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday
                  Butter us up all you want, but if you are slow with the tallies we'll turn on you like a pack of rabid dogs. Dark Horse
                  I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks gordon - 40.2 miles sorry you missed the Pink Door; we'll make up for it at Seattle Rock'n'Roll in June. Sunday (11/12) - 14.0 miles up-and-down Seattle hills getting ready for Seattle Ghost (done) Monday (11/13) - taper Tuesday (11/14) - taper Wednesday (11/15) - taper Thursday 11/16) - taper Friday (11/17) - Seattle Marathon Expo done) Saturday (11/18) - Seattle Ghost Marathon - 26.2 miles (done) =================

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

dg.

another thanks, Gordon. what a nice thing to say. Leslie, how's your hip? Erika, I hope you can. Eliz, happy 5K! Dutchie, I love your early morning method. i use that too. for a lot of things. have fun in Seattle!!! ok. i'm still hesitant to plan much, depends on how 'things' are. i have a tiny tendency to overdo, so a target mileage can be dangerous. odd week for me too. i'm off work Friday, so i might finally get the fitness evaluation that comes with my gym membership. scary. you'll all comfort me if it's depressing news?? Mon:... 45 min. prehap pilates & callanetics Tues:... 1 mile walk, 4.55 mile run, 9:57 pace, 3 sets on the weight machines, stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, russian twists. Wed:... 1 mile walk, 4.01 mile run, 9.33 pace, 3 striders, 22 min. elliptical, rows, pushups, pullups, reverse crunches, sr hammie curls, side planks & russian twists. awake at 2:40 again this morning. am sleep typing. Thurs:... rest. Fri:... .7 mile walk, 5 mile run 9:39 pace, 4 or 5 speedier laps, 45 min. of weight machines, (2 sets, increased reps on the second one)(not sure what i'm doing) then pullups, pushups, rows & deadlifts w/free weights. argh. anybody else up at 2:30 & want to play? Sat:... nothing. meant to do something.. overslept because i was up again in the night. Sun:... .75 mile walk, 9.68 mile run, 9:38 pace. 30 min. elliptical, 20 min. bike, 25 min. assorted strength stuff.. (stab. ball) reverse crunches,back lifts, side planks, russian twists (i am so boring),free weights, rows & deadlifts, pushups & pullups on the bar, a new weight machine but i'm not sure what it is. totals: about 3 miles walking, 23.3 miles running, 20 min. on the bike, 53:04 min. on the elliptical, 2 hr. 55 min. strength training.
                        Thanks, Gordon. I am very thankful for the support I get from all you folks and the others on this site. Dark Horse - Very funny! Big grin DG - The hip feels fine now. Confused I'll just have to make sure I stop and take walk breaks on my drive to Ridgecrest next week. Mon - 1 hr core/strength Tues - 5.25 miles w/10 long hill repeats 10:31 ap Wed - Rest Thurs -5k Turkey Trot - 27:05 - 2:14 faster than last year!! Fri - 5.03 miles in 47:25; 9:26 ap Sat - 6.60 trail miles -11:04 pace Sun - Rest

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

... i have a tiny tendency to overdo...
                          Gee, ya think so? Wink Dark Horse, you so crack me up. Big grin
                          dg.

Gee, ya think so? Wink
                            nah. Wink nor do you. Shocked Leslie, great news! wonder why. DH, if i did what you did it would kill me. you can see what I do... suggestions on tweaking are welcome. I try to do as much as I can just shy of injury, (sometimes not quite shy), but think i could change my schedule to make it smarter. am rehabbing right now, which i need to factor in.
                              Leslie, great news! wonder why.
                              I think it was a touch of bursitis from sitting so much that weekend - between flying and conference. I took it easy for a couple of days, ate Ibu and iced, and - knock on wood - it feels good. What's a "Russian twist?"

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

I think it was a touch of bursitis from sitting so much that weekend - between flying and conference. I took it easy for a couple of days, ate Ibu and iced, and - knock on wood - it feels good. What's a "Russian twist?"
                                i'll knock too. Your neck (head, shoulders) rest on the stability ball, arms straight overhead w/hands clasped, feet on the ground with hips lifted & stable. you're supposed to keep your hips in that in that position, not dropping or rotating, while you roll from side to side w/ your upper body & arms.