Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 07/19/09 (Read 346 times)

"The goal you set must be challenging. At the same time, it should be realistic and attainable, not impossible to reach. It should be challenging enough to make you stretch, but not so far that you break." (Rick Hansen)

Tallies soon ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - 3 easy miles -----------------------------------------> Nope.  Slept instead.

Tues - 3 miles + strength/core --------------------------> 3 miles + 50 min strength/core

Wed - Rest Day ---------------------------------------------> Accomplished

Thurs - 6 miles --------------------------------------------- > 6 miles in 57:09

Fri - 30 min biking; strength/core ----------------------> Unfortunately, didn't happen

Sat - 7 trail miles -------------------------------------------> 6.7 trail miles

Sun - 7 trail miles ------------------------------------------> 5 road miles

Total: 14 road miles; 6.7 trail miles; 50 min strength/core

I posted a separate thread in this forum for my trail run report, if you're interested - SOB 50k Trail Run Report

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Hi Leslie,

Last week was a total disaster, I got sick! Guess that explains why I was so tired and sleepy. Did a first run in a week yesterday. A very hard 3K and it started raining too.

I've got 3 weeks off from work starting wednesday. I'm staying home to do all kinds of stuff in the house, like painting the walls along the stairs.

Mon....chest/triceps plus 5K easy ----------------> Done!

Tue.....7K easy plus LB -------------------------------> Done! Sun was peeking over the tree line in the east. Dark rain clouds in the west. Beautiful rainbow in between.Two pit stops for Spooky in the 1st 5 minutes. After that it was one smooth continuous run.

Wed...9K easy plus abs ------------------------------->Done! 8.8K smooth, but not so easy running.

Thu....12K easy plus back/shoulders/biceps --->Legs were sore and tired this morning, so I did a 3K doggie fun run plus UB strength training. Then worked in the garden for 3 hours, digging up bushes and planting some of them somewhere else. Hope they survive.

Fri....5K easy plus LB --------------------------------->nothing

Sat... 7K easy --------------------------------------------->6K hard run on the TM, phew!

Sun...24K long run.---------------------------------------> too busy painting walls. I kept postponing my run and in the end, it just didn't happen.

total mileage:26.8 kilometers

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Hey Leslie, you rockstar you! Love the new avatar!

Dutchie, that time off work sounds wonderful! I keep saying I'll take some extended time off in the summer, but never seem to be able to do it. Enjoy and I hope you're feeling better this week.

This week is supposed to be hot and dry. Might need to run in the morning one of these days. Also, heading to Seattle on Sunday so might switch things up a bit for my long run.

Monday: 3.7 miles recovery run (9:38 avg pace); .45 mile walk c/d

Tuesday: 6.75 mile TM run with 3 x 1 mile @ 8 m/m pace; .25 @ 8:49 recovery; then .5 mile @ 7:30 pace; .6 mile walk

Wednesday: 5 mile easy run on the treadmill; .5 mile walk

Thursday: 9.1 miles, some hills; .3 mile walk c/d

Friday: 4 mile recovery run (9:20); .2 mile walk

Saturday: 17.5 miles, 8:41 avg pace; .35 mile walk c/d

Sunday: 7.8 miles, including 5.8 of good hilly stuff (ran the loop trail in Discovery Park)

Totals: 53.9 miles run, 2.2 miles walked (that I measured), but didn't get out on my bike! 

Monday - plan - rest; actual - pulled groin and other assorted injuries from unintentionally trying to be a gymnast on my bike last night are still really sore so LOTS of rest it is

Tuesday - plan - run 3; actual - better, but still kinda sore, so benching myself again today; teaching music camp this morning and leading a beach walk tonight, so at least I'll get off the sofa

Wednesday - plan - run Tuesday's 3; actual - exhausted from teaching when I'm still in a good deal of pain, so still on the bench

Thursday - plan - run 5; actual - see Wednesday

Friday - plan run 3; actual - see Wednesday and Thursday - ARGH!!!!!  

Saturday - plan run 10; finally got back out on the bay for 1-1/2 hours of kayaking; hooray!

Sunday - plan - biking, without the gymnastics component; actual - final gig for the music camp wore me out; kayaked 1-1/2 hours before driving home to PA to pack for trip to Chicago early in the a.m.

Next week:  I'm not planning!  Smile  Summary:  first week of no running since last October.  Sad  Managed to kayak twice, though, and had a great time with the kiddos at music camp.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Renee the dog

Hello folks! Finally getting my act together to put my week down here....

Planned         Actual 
               rest  rest
               T  run 6, strength drills  ran 6, 10 min strength drills
               W  run 3 mi w/hills, stretch, yoga  ran 3.11 mi w/hills, stretched
               T  25 min slideboarding, strength, stretch  25 min slide boarding
               F  run 5, stretch  ran 5
               S  run 3, strength, yoga  ran 3
               S  run 9  ran 9

Total: Ran 26.11 mi, 25 min  slide boarding, 20 min stretch/strength

Apparently, this week's motto was: "Who needs stretch and strength??!!"

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

OK....let's see if I can get back into action.

Mon.........slack..............sure enough

Tues.......slack..............this is too easy

Wed........6miles...........OK, now it's just ridiculus.

Thurs......rest................slept on couch for hours

Friday......9miles..........6miles

Sat...........3miles

Sun.........12miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                pfriese

Thanks Leslie,

M - 1000 meters swmming - done

T - 8.1 miles running - done

W - 5.1 miles running & 1200 meters swimming - done

Th - 9.9 miles running - done

F - 1200 meters swimming - done

Sa - 14.9 miles running - done

Su - 4.6 miles running & 36.6 miles bicycling - done

______________________________________________________________

Totals - 42.6 miles running, 36.6 miles bicycling, & 3400 meters swimming - DONE

Paul

Now that the week is history, I'm finally remembering to do this:

Planned Actual

Monday - rest Done

Tuesday - run 4.5 ,swim 1 mile,  Zumba Completed

Wed. - hill training 5 miles, swim 1 mile, Zumba Done

Thursday - run 3 miles, yoga, Zumba Done

Friday - swim 1 mile Done

Sat. - run 6.8, swim 1/2 mile, aerobics class Done

Sun. - track work - 3 miles Done

My best thing to report is that today, on my 1 mile see-how-fast-you-can-run  I did it in 8:43!

dg.

do I win something for being the latest?

Leslie..... that was completely totally awesome!!!!   scary, that tilty part of the trail with a drop off!!   You did it you did it.  I was smiling from ear to ear & even had tears in my eyes. 

Eliz, I'm so sorry, timing sure stinks too. 

evryday & Paul, nice you're both back.

so a last minute week thing.

Planned    

Actual

M  rest  rest.  
                       T  6 miles base pace, maybe include drills  6.19  miles 10.22 pace.  abs still hurt!  did drills, wasn't too smart. replaced 2 20 sec. hill sprints w 7 flat sprints & 1 hill.  why, I do not know.  second drill... is exactly what my PT said not to do.
                       W  1 mile w/u, 8X400 meters at 3000K pace, 1 mile c/d  6.02 miles, did 8X 400 at faster than normal but not 3000K pace.  closer this time though. 
                       Th  opt. 30-40 nonimpact cardio, 1 set core stuff  skipped bike because of abs & overdoing tues, 45. min. of mainly verstegen's prehab & some other core stuff, & pt.
                       F  1 M rec.pace, 4x1 M at 10K, 1 M rec. pace 1 mile rec. (sort of) 4X .95 at 10K pace (average).  1 mile base pace.
                       Sa  Fitzgerald core workout 1 set  did most of this, but waited too long. thought maybe it was too late for hammie curls before LR the next. day.  about 30 min. worth.  went to the art fair, too much walking. had ice cream.
                       Su  12miles base pace

12.18 miles, basically base pace. ranged from 11:20 to 10:22. 

yard work.  stretches. 

Totals... 30.5 miles running,  ? miles walking, 1 hr. 25 min. strength training.

Nono, me too.  a side effect of summer, partly. Do not want to be inside.  Also caused by my not running at the gym... I always did other things while i was there.  I'm relieved to hear it's our (can I share?) motto. Makes it kind of noble.  Sally forth.

dg & Erika - Thanks!  (I'm still sort of flying high . . . )

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance