Masters Running

Thursday Daily, 6.13.13 (Read 44 times)

Holly, sorry to hear about your Mom (this is your biological or adoptive?)  Mustang, so well put.

Leslie, you definitely deserve a great job (with benefits!)

PBJ, it seems not that long ago you were completely sidelined and having surgery.  Now look at you!  1st in AG in a marathon.

Opie, doesn't sound like a SF to me either.

I ran/walked 5 easy miles with the dog after dinner last night.  The run was only about an hour after dinner, mistake, well, that is why it was a run/walk.  Too bloated.  But I took it easy and enjoyed just getting out there.  Remi did a "tiny bunny" fartlek...so glad I reined in the leash in time.

I need to get a smartphone so I can run from Zombies.  And get caught up on RA during my commute.  Probably worth whatever I'd have to pay for it.  I was hoping to be the last holdout on those things......but....

Busy work week.  Sigh....

SLO, I'm excited for your vacation.  It sounds long overdue.

Taking DS, DD and DD's BF to an indoor waterpark this weekend for DD's 11th birthday.  Last year we went to the outdoor waterpark and it was sunny, but only a typical PNW 67F high that day, in other words, lots of shivering.  I was recently complaining about needing a vacation, and DD said, in all earnestness, "Oh, but this weekend will be so relaxing for you!"  Ha ha.  Ok, I found that funny.  (I hate these kind of hundreds of kids etc amusement park type things)

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

(I hate these kind of hundreds of kids etc amusement park type things)

Well, there goes the fun idea I had for our big meet up, next month...

I'm another one who appreciates the time and effort Jay puts into doing his little morning recaps.  I poke my head in here throughout the day so I stay pretty caught up...and then feel guilty for not commenting on everybody's posts.  But Jay seems to say, pretty much, what I would have said anyway...so, from now on, just pretend that his posts are from the both of us.

I went 12.3 miles, tonight, in 1:31:53.  A little humid but not too bad.

I was going to say more, but Jay will take care of it in the morning...

Okay--that's it from me--see ya!

Mariposai

ETA:  Just went back through Wednesday (not that I'm not grateful for the recap, Jay).  Holly, you've been around here long enough to see how this group upholds its members.  It's what we do.  We can't hold a candle to the hands-on care your family and friends will provide, but don't apologize for bringing the hard bits here.  And I don't, in fact, think that sharing your mother's terrible news is, in fact, a downer.  We're all old enough to know full well that life has ends as well as beginnings; that aging is hard; that parents and dreams and marriages and all kinds of things fail; and that human spirit grows and loves and perseveres regardless.  Go ahead and add your tears and fears to the whole complicated, messy, beautiful tapestry.  We're here.

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

See why I love this girl!

Opie, great to see you back!

Enkie, enjoy the water-park! Where is this place?

PBJ, wow!!! what a come back!

Spareribs, where did you go for your lunch treat?

Wildchild, you asked if my friend Dr. J will be at the Light marathon, he won't the Dr. Js will be racing a bike race from Seattle to Portland that weekend.

Five miles tonight after work with the Easy Pacer. The storm chased us all the way home.Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

{Holly} I sure hope its not too difficult for you and your siblings, and most of all for your mom and stepdad. But that's not a good diagnosis.

We left late last night (12:15) and made it to Portland for an hour+ nap. Then on to Orange County for DH's meetings. We had lunch then took a nap for 2 hours! Oh man, did that feel good. Then we got cleaned up for his reception and dinner. I might run a couple miles tomorrow but am now enjoying the dark evening with a glass of wine on our deck. Nice. And cooler than at home!!

SteveP

checking in

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Once again, I am reminded just how wonderful this group is...thank you...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."