Masters Running

Old Video Tapes (non running related) (Read 27 times)

Dave59

I bought a device that connects my old HandyCam to my computer.  I play my old Video8 and Hi8 tapes on the camera and get digital files on my computer.

But some of my tapes play with a line of static along the bottom of the picture.  It messes up the picture and sound.

One thing I'll do is see if I can find someone else with an old camera and see if they will loan it to me to see if changing the camera helps.

Other than that I have no ideas.

So I am just asking anyone I meet if they have any ideas of how to fix that.  And here I am asking you all.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

two WAGs for me.

1.  Does your camera have manual tracking setting?  that might help with a little experimentation.

2.  have a head cleaner for the camera?  although if the tapes were recorded with dirty heads, it probably won't help.

best I can do.  we haven't taken our camcorder out of its case in probably 5 years.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Thanks.  No manual tracking which is why I would like to try another camera.  I have a head cleaner tape that I "played" but didn't seem to do anything.  I've done some research and if you record on one camera and play on another you could have issues, and we did have 2 different cameras over the years.

So far just one tape has been bad.  The rest are recording pretty good.  The idea was to put the digital files on my tablet and then embarrass my daughters down at the wedding next month (and entertain Annabelle with movies of her mother and aunt when they were young.)

I'm up to 1992 and I just passed a portion in a video where I am riding a camel with my oldest daughter (age 5) at the Columbus Zoo.  I wonder if they still have the camel ride, and I wonder if people start shouting, "Guess what day it is" when they ride?

wildchild

Carolyn

Dave, those videos, and embarrassing your daughters, sound priceless!  Smile

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Dave59

There is one video that is embarrassing to me.  My oldest is 3 and I am trying to make cut-out sugar cookies with her (for Christmas).  She starts "washing" her hands in the flour, eating the flour, and just making the biggest mess imaginable.  I am so unbelievably frustrated with the whole process that all I want to do is open the door and throw the whole table, covered in cookie dough and flour, outside on the lawn, douse it in gasoline and strike a match.

Every time Cindy sees that, she about dies laughing.  One of these days, it'll serve her right if she hurts herself (real bad) laughing.

Looking at it now I have no idea why it bothered me so much back then.

SteveP

Every time Cindy sees that, she about dies laughing.  One of these days, it'll serve her right if she hurts herself (real bad) laughing.

You have a good heart

SteveP

Dave59

You have a good heart

Now you made me feel bad.

SteveP

It brought a tear to my eye...

SteveP