Masters Running

Monday After The Weekend Runs Aug 11 (Read 347 times)

The Jogger

Morning Gang Guess what? that run was a bit carpy!!!!! Legs were a bit heavy from 17m of hills over the weekend 10 & 7 so it was a very easy run that didn't feel it. Thanks for the reply on the deer Tramps, does that include Stags..... Anyway: 3m 34:33 @ 11:31 pace AHR 141 64% Good Runs All Roy

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Sorry for your carpy run, Roy, but at least you got it done. No run for me today, and not even much in the way of x-training, just a little core work, but then DD wanted me to snuggle with her on the sofa this morning instead of working out, and so I did. Smile Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Good Morning Roy---lots of miles adding up for you! Good decision Holly---snuggling is an excellent sport. 12.7 miles with the iPOD at 5:00 AM in the rain and 60F---no watch and relaxed pace. My legs feel mostly recovered from the weekend’s exploits. This will be a reduced mileage week and the timing for that is perfect. 17th anniversary for me and Mr. CNYrunner today. The kiddo is at UMass for hockey camp, so we’re going on a short anniversary hike just us two if the rain stops and then a casual dinner near the rink once the kiddo can join us. Work travel on Tuesday and Wednesday, paper due on Thursday for my grad. class, and then off to Texas on Friday for a girlfriends weekend Have a great week everyone. I’ll see you sometime next week---not much time for RA until then. Karin/CNYrunner

Marathon Maniac #3309

Sorry about your carpy run Roy...it just happens sometimes, but usually the next one is a lot better. Nice of you Holly to give up X training for some snuggling time...that is sweet Smile I'm excited for your soon return to more running...like I know you are dying for. Very nice running Karin...you are awesome. Happy anniversary You will be missed greatly till you return Smile 7.3 easy miles and my heel behaved, so hopefully I can get back to a normal training plan Smile Well, need to hit some paper work this Monday morning. Have a great day and runs all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice runs Roy, Karin and Tim Glad the heels feel'n better Out/up late so it was run or sleep decision. Rest day!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

Busiman—“nap intervals”…I think you’re on to something there! Wildchild—I think deer are cool; just don’t tell Dicky that.
              Foot was not happy but that's just too bad.
              Evanflein--Excuse me, isn’t this the road to rehab? The expression is “listen to your body” not “have an argument with it.” Roll eyes Roy—as far as I know, stags, harts, bulls, bucks—whatever the species—they’re all pretty much the same. As long as you’re not competing for a doe, you’re safe Karin—happy anniversary! A hike sounds nice. Perch—slacker. Big grin Things that make you go hmmmmm......It’s been dry for weeks here; we need rain. Yesterday, I called my sister up in NH where they’ve been swamped with rain. Literally, as we were talking I start hearing thunder, clouds roll in, and about 10 minutes after our call, it was pouring rain. Wonderful 57F this morning. That’s Fall weather around here, not mid August. Easy 5.25 miles @ 8:45 with 131 AHR. Have a good week.

Be safe. Be kind.

Good morning, all! Roy - Not surprising that your run was a little carpy following 17m of hills over the weekend. Nice running this weekend!! Holly - snuggling time sounds good to me too! Karin - happy anniversary! We'll miss you on RA. Tim - glad to hear the heel is better. Tramps - 57 degrees - very nice! Feels a lot like fall here as well, but I'm not knocking it after the sweltering July weather. It was cool yesterday morning, but the humidity was definitely back. 15.5 trail miles @9:50 pace and 157 average HR. Thunderstorms rolling through this morning, so I did 7 easy miles on the treadmill @9:46 pace and 146 average HR. Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Dave59

5.3 miles this morning with 4x6 minutes at a faster pace. Now, work, work, work.

I've been very, very busy lately and as a result my free time available for running and posting has been way down (non-existent is closer). No run on Sunday or today - slacker! DS and his GF came home for a week or so and I have wanted to visit with them. Went out Saturday evening and saw Dark Knight which was very good. That killed Sunday morning's planned run. I launched a website (finally) late last night and got my first sales early today - one from Italy and one from Czechoslovakia (or whatever it's called these days). And I watched the Olympics last night - way too late - and that killed today's run. Speaking of the Olympics, did you see that amazing Men's 4x100 m relay last night. WOW! The USA Team obliterated the World Record and won at the wall by .08 seconds. The last 100m leg was spectacular! If you haven't seen it, find it soemwhere - either on Tivo or Youtube (I imagine it's there somewhere) or perhaps the NBC website. Busy Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

6 recovery miles with T this morning...8:09 pace Happy Anniversary Karin!!!
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      DickyG

Morning everyone...had a nice Sunday yesterday...played well on the golf course (won back most of the cash I lost Saturday), watched an interesting Cup road race at Watkins Glen, a little bit of the PGA, and not too much of the Olympics..but, as Breger mentioned, saw the exciting swimming relay. As usual, remarkable long runs yesterday...TimBo, Tramps, Karin (after a great 10K...check out her race report), Tet, Gordon, Perch, Larry, Evanflein, Maine, busiman, SueT48. You people are unreal... Maine:
                        the oldest grandson's birthday party. He turned 8 last week and was quite excited to be rid of his booster seat. He's a big kid now and is some proud that he gets to sit on the seat and use the seat belts like everyone else, what a milestone for him. Smile
                        That's so cool...I remember when my son (now 33) got out of his booster seat..it was last week, I think. Breger: Yeah...I heard Dark Knight was the best ever..also read its racked up more than $400m worldwide. Karin: Happy Anniversary...many more! Tramps: You must live fairly close to me...we have about the exact same weather. Craneium: Yeah, I was in Atlanta also..got to see lots of stuff for free...#2 son was interning for Sports Illustrated at the time and they gave us lots of comps to stuff like prelims and minor events. TwoCat:
                        I am just not as fast as I was last year. I am not sure what is wrong but something is up, or down or however one looks at it. I may try adding more mid-week temp work and see if that helps. The good news is that last week I was off 17 seconds/mile my pace from last year and this week it was only 9. That is better so maybe I am catching back up. Hey you have to stay positive! Age will eventually win out but I am planning to fight it all the way!
                        As a certain politician once said: "I feel your pain." I've been slowing for the past 10-15 years and its frustrating. I've even complained to my doctor and his answer is always "well, you're just an old man now". I once read that if senior runners can do a 10K in less minutes than their age, they are in good shape...if that's the case, you're way ahead of the game! There are some sports where aging doesn't seem to hurt all that bad...my golf scores are almost the same as they were 45 years ago...I think that I ski about the same as before...but technology has helped in both these sports (metal woods, hybrid clubs, shaped skis, etc.). In running (and swimming, I guess) there's not much technology to help out...it's just you. I wouldn't worry about it...your race times are excellent. I ran a little farther this morning...5.2 miles...9:12 pace..that's about the same pace I've been doing on my 4-mile runs so I guess I'm making some progress. 8:48 pace for last 2 miles. My favorite event is on today at the Olympics...full contact fishing. DickyG
                          With the olympics and the State Fair and floor installation, I haven't had much time to read or post. I got in 5 easy miles this weekend with a new pair of shoes. I'm trying Mizuno something. I can't remember the model. My knees didn't really complain during the run like they had been, so I guess I'm on to something. My ankle was still sore yesterday, but didn't seem quite as bad as usual. I think I'm going to take a couple days off and let it get completely back to normal, then give it another go. That 4x100 men's relay was awesome. I watch it twice on tivo. What a race! Though I thought Phelps was close to a wardrobe malfunction afterward! Shocked Gymnastics coverage was a little odd. It was so picked over on what to air, and I understand the need to be selective because of limited airtime, but I wish they'd show some of the competitors that were not in the running for medals. That way we could truly appreciate the difficulty of the elements aired. The gymnasts make it look so easy. Good running all, Janet

King of PhotoShop

Happy anniversary Karin, and welcome to the Lone Star State. 1.5 slow walk on the indoor Y track. Spareribs
                              hey everyone -- miss reading up on all of you here at RA!! i've been at a campground in Maine then stayed in Plymouth the last 2 nights and ran the Falmouth Road race -- not as much fun as i anticipated but that's another story..............i'm home to work for 2 nights, have a breast biopsy wed morning (feeling a little anxious about that) and then hope to go back to the campground on thursday for our last weekend there....will try to catch up on the dailies if i have a quiet night at work, but know i'm thinking of all of you!! happy anniversary Karin and DH Mainerunnah -- i'm planning on running the breakaway 5K at OOB saturday -- hope to see you there!!

denise

enke, nice trail race. PDR & WRFB, that's neat camping on Mt. Desert Island. We did that years ago and really enjoyed it. It's too bad about the rain, though. I hope your camping is more than tent camping. I wasn't running yet when we were there but, in retrospect, it would have been a neat place to run, unless you tackled Cadillac Mt. BC, congrats on the weekly PR. CNY. congrats to you and MrCNY on your anniversary. There were a number of long runs, some real long, for dromedary, biketm, Tramps, PDR, WRFB, CNY, lynden, perch, hallar, Evan, maine, busi, CNY (another), and Sue. Good job on the speedwork Dave. This morning, it was in the high 50s with just a light breeze. I got in 10 miles in a little under 1:39:30 for a 9:55 pace. Now that I've done a 10 miler and some hills, I think it's time to register for the Crim in another week and a half. It won't be pretty, but I should be able to finish. A good day and good runs for all. TomS