Masters Running

2's Day 7/7 Master Runs and Fun Stuff with Friends (Read 398 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Is it just me, or have we been missing Mary....maybe I am behind and need to re-look. Up VERY early for me for running, and already have 10 miles in the books at 8:47 ave pace. First morning run I have ran in the dark in like forever, but was really nice and cooler out. That was game one of my double header today, as I have a 56 miles cycling planned late this afternoon, with two 12.5 mile time trials in the middle with my Roadie and Tri Buds....love those cause it's like hard track work on my race bike. Busy day starts after I get cleaned up and eat some breakfast.....I'm very hungry. Hope everyone has a Great Day! TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tim's back, that's for sure!

No, haven't seen mary in a while ...

A nice, easy 3.2 mile recovery run this morning.  Toughweather morning so I was gald to be running easy.  Tomorrow will likely be a challenging workout.

Bill

ETA: the Credit Card company called and said someone tried to use my CC to register for a race on Active.com.  Not me this time.  Be careful out there.  Thieves are everywhere.

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning, gang!!

Tim - nice 10 miler to start the day!

(((((((SteveP))))))))) - hope the steroid shot helps.  I just noticed some ivy eruptions on my shoulders this morning.  I weed-eated in a sleeveless shirt on Sunday, and there must have been some poison ivy in the mix. 

dg - we enjoyed it so much that we've signed up to do a full day class at the end of July.  I'll play with the IPhone between sets ;-).

Carolyn - thanks bunches for doing the miles again - you rock!!

7.75 humid, hilly miles this morning - not quite as much sproink as yesterday morning.  Storms are rolling in, so I'll probably hop on a bike at the gym for lunch.  We're doing a weekend bike trip on the Lake Champlain Islands in upper Vermont this weekend, and I definitely haven't spent enough time on the bike. 

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Hey Timbo.. you guys can pretend to be doing Le Tour team time trials like is happening today in France.

2 mi wu with Tory and Sadie then 4 mile tempo in 30:06 (7:32) vs target 7:30 (94% humidity and 66F)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Slo

Good Luck with the training Tim !

Not to much to report. Had a nice easy 5 miler last night. I slept in this morning......I think my body needed it.

I need to take the time to find a Half Iron distance to get exited about. My standby falls on the weekend we have scheduled our family vacation.......and it is the same day of our clubs annual duathlon (Run Bike Run). I'm not sure that I want to travel for one either........I've committed to doing a marathon so maybe I should be content with that being my big focus for the year. (Just thinking out loud)

I'm looking forward to another solid training week though !

Happy Runs !

7.6 for me, 8:26's for 1:04:20...back to the city tomorrow to wrap up my project in Brooklyn.

It's so nice to see Tim starting the daily again! BTW - Mary is in Alaska on vacation until the 14th, I think?

Bill, if it was a tough weather morning for you, I attribute that to REALLY high heat and humidity. You run in anything!

Same for Perch today. I don't know how you deal with that all of the time. It must be hard to get your breathing at a comfortable level.

Another perfect running morning here. 54° at 6:00 AM with low humidity and just a slight breeze. It could stay like this and I wouldn't mind at all. 6.5 miles at a 9:02 pace. I decided to bike to work this morning as there's major road construction on the street in front of our house. It sure was noisy! I just washed all of the windows and screens and now there's dust everywhere.

Have a dirt-free day everyone.

Marathon Maniac #957

Runningsmarter – Amie, don’t worry about the underage thing.  I know where you can get a fake I.D......

July 25 is a good day for a race for me – 4 weeks out from Seattle I should be fully recovered and ready to race.  I looked up both races you mentioned and am leaning toward the Brookville 5-miler as well.   The Celtic 5K is a lot closer for me to drive, but it’s at 6:00 p.m., and, given the choice, I’d much rather race at 8am.  Morning races don’t conflict with my family activities as much, and it will be cooler.

{{{SteveP}}} – I hate poison ivy. 

6.45 miles for me today in 68°, including 7 x 60-second striders, but otherwise easy-paced (ave 10:16).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Four days of good times with my sister and her family left me exhausted. So, I woke before the alarm and made the choice to run tonight instead of this morning.  The extra hour or so of sleep seems to have done me a world of good. 

Today starts swim lessons for the kids.  Summer's now in full swing! 

Enjoy the day everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Summer's now in full swing! 

Amen, sistah!  Being able to make that statement is what keeps me going all winter.

Got to the boardwalk a little before 7 this morning.  A little later than I'd hoped, but still fairly cool when running into the sea breeze from the south.  Even though it was kind of late, there were fewer clueless bike riders than over the weekend.  Totally rested yesterday, so I decided to run long-ish today - ran 6 and walked 1, with lots of stretching aftereward to make my physical therapist and my achilles tendons happy.

Tim - I think there's a special Maniac category for you!  Something like Marathon Maniac meets Energizer Bunny. 

Leslie - wow!  Have a blast on that trail run.

dg - beautiful pic.

My take on the iPhone - it's just about the best toy I've ever purchased for myself.  Got me through 2-1/2 hours in the waiting room at urgent care last night (needed some antibiotics for a minor kidney-type infection) without incident.  Well, I read a book part of the time - didn't just play Mah Jong for 2-1/2 hours!

Back to reality for a bit tomorrow - curriculum-writing workshop at school - then back to NJ on Thursday morning.

Good 2's-day, all!

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Sue, good for you and your husband doing the 5K.  Steve, sorry to hear about the poison ivy.  Having had a bad case as a kid, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  I hope the steroids take care of the problem.

Nice long runs for runningsmarter (including 5K race with AG award) and ribs.  Good job on the speedwork for breger.

This morning, it was in the mid 50s with a bit of wind.  I did 8 miles in a little under 1:19 for a 9:50 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

TammyinGP

Good morning everyone!

We are cooling down here and I think today is only supposed to be upper 70's. ahhh, feels so nice for a change! and my garden loves the cooler mornings too.

Got my son sent off to youth camp this a.m. He's been excited for the last several weeks and then this morning, he got all misty eyed and said he didn't want to go. But he has a couple of close buddies that will also be there and I'm sure he's all jazzed by now . . . or at least that's what I'll tell myself. He comes home Friday about noon, so just three nights.

Since it's a cooler day, I think I'll head up to my son's school after work and run on the track for awhile. I haven't done much running since the marathon, but it's time to start getting back into the habit and routine - especially if I think I'm going to do another marathon this fall sometime.

have a good day everyone!

Tammy

dg.

Tim, Mary's in Alaska!!   (oops.  Jlynne already said that.  but it deserves 2 mentions :-).  That is quite a day you have planned

Bill, thanks for the reminder.   Glad you had a nice recovery run.  Figured we'd do just about the same thing.  -)Wanna give me fair warning what we're doing tomorrow? 

Sue, great plan!   So sorry about your poison ivy...   hope it clear up quickly.  Your bike trip sounds incredible! 

Which reminds me... Doug, when does your bike trip start?  Sorry if I'm too late for good journey wishes.

Perch, that pace in that humidity...   well, if I could do it in the first place... I'd melt!  ;-)

Nice run Jlynne.   How long is that construction supposed to last? 

thanks for all the 'nice picture' comments for my raspberries!  didn't expect that... but when I was up on that tilty wall looking down on them the sun was hitting them just right.  had to go get the camera.  

Better get back to work...  6.2 miles this morning at a 10:28 pace, ahr 160, max 169.   really really really wonderful weather. 

Mornin' Gang -

SteveP - The Hub is extremely allergic to poison oak/ivy.  The instant he knows he has it, he's immediately at the doc's getting steroids.  Twice he's gotten in the nether regions . . .   oh yeah.

Yep, Mary's in Alaska, I'm betting having a fantastic time.

Tim - Ah!  Luv ya too, buddy!

Bill - When we were in Australia a few months ago, our main CC was compromised and canceled.  I was SO glad we both were carrying "emergency cards" or we would've been totally and completely screwed.

4 miles in 38:??.  1 mile easy, 2 miles race pace, 1 mile easy.  I was about halfway through my last mile when two City of Eureka cop cars went past me and turned the direction I was heading.  Well, don'tcha know, I had to speed up to see what was going on.  Huffed it up a hill just so I could be a looky loo on the move and not look too suspicious.  They were at a house where there's been trouble in the past.  Just talking to the lady, nothing terribly exciting.  Darn it all.  It would've been a much better story to tell if they'd been dragging someone out in handcuffs.

And totally off the subject - For the love of all that's annoying, bury Michael Jackson and get over it!!

Later!

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

King of PhotoShop

The way to get razor-sharp fit is to race often.  Good for you Holly.  Get out there and race.

The races today are so expensive though.  Yesterday I signed up for a race using Active and it cost so much I decided to use some other guy's card, but they wouldn't accept it.  I'll have to figure out some other plan.

Low 80's here this morning and a joy to run.  tselbs and I had the exact same stats, 8 miles at a bit under tens.  Spareribs