Masters Running

BOSTON RUNNERS (Read 136 times)

Hey kids! What a fun day. We were out at mile 13--ish where Mr. CNYrunner always sets up. We got there in time to see all the leaders and then waited through the first two waves. Yeesh! Hard work---squinting to find numbers and faces, hands are all red from clapping and voice is hoarse now----feels like I ran the dang thing....NOT!

Great running all of you and even if not at your exact time goals, you did it! Ran Boston!

My teammates from the Western Mass Distance project placed sixth with the top three ladies in at 3:01, 3:02, and 3:08. Yee Haw!

Highlights? Cheering for the Hoyts as 73 year-old Dick Hoyt valiantly went by with strength, Maggie Flanagan---Shalane's sister waved at us when we yelled for her (she finished in 3:37)  Joan Benoit Samuelson is just amazing and she also looked at us and grinned.

We saw WRB fly by and many others too. We missed a lot of folks as well but did our best to just cheer our faces off!

Congratulations! I am inspired

Not sure?! We are looking at Boston news right now---something about smoke on Boylston street

I'll check back

what just happened near the finish area? I heard there was an explosion and tons of people running? anyone know?

Breaking news on now-----Boston Police said there was an explosion near the finish line just in front of the Public Library. Oh no!

671 Boylston is where the explosion(s) occurred.

Now saying two booms.....hotels are locked down in area now

Oh my Gosh.....multiple injuries---some serious. more to come. I am logging off to watch the news....:-(

TammyinGP

marathon headquarters in lockdown. looks like 2 explosions.

appeared to have happened at the finish area. some injuries.

Tammy

DAMN////////............I just checked in to congratulate people..............this is horrible

this

is such a PERVERSION of what a Great Athletic Event represents.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Walk-Jogger

Retired &  Loving It

TammyinGP

reporters on the scene are reporting dozens of injuries and lost limbs. oh.my.gosh. this is awful!

will someone from our group out there please let us know if you are all safe???

Tammy

mrrun

could runners please check in on facebook or here and let us know you're ok?  we're watching this on tv,

thx marj

TammyinGP

ileneforward, Ribs and Denise are still out on the course. I'm glad they were not in the finish area when this happened.

Robin said on FB that she is okay. she grabbed her stuff and ran as fast as she could after just running 26.2 miles!

Tammy

Horrifying scene on the news now. Finish line is closed and now a crime scene, so they are diverting runners. Special ops on the scene.

Just devastating.

checking in. Hope everybody's okay.

Walk-Jogger

I heard that the explosion happened at about 4:09 on the finish line clock. Anyone else hear a time? ileneforward was projecting a 4:20 finish. If and when anyone hears from her, or Ribs, and whomever else was running, please let the rest of us know?

Retired &  Loving It

Mariposai

What a horrible event.

Now it is time to keep track of our runner.

If you hear from anyone, here, personal message or FaceBook, please update us all here as well.

bhearn -

WaltRB : checked in here.

Winejunky: checked in on FB

Tramps  

TwoCat: checked in on FaceBook

Mainerunnah

willrunforbeer: checked in

jjchaney:  

Rtravers  reported being OK on FB

PeterNC: 

predawnrunner: checked in

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Twocat checked in. he's okay.

i have two other personal friends out there - my coworker Justin and one of my sons coaches. both are okay.

Tammy

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Lou and Harriet are OK

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova