Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 8.7.18 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:
    Tramps (5 miles with H&H)
    RunnerKSA (5.1 Pocono miles before heading back home)
    Fatozzig (1 morning hr. of core/ST)
    Dave59 (3 late morning TM miles at the gym)
    bioguy (5.5 humid morning miles on Chincoteague Island)
    Tomwhite (60 min H-H 3-2s in 91° with a breeze)
    Twocat (mental cross training about the elliptical)
    SPUNKY57 (60 min morning cycle class)
    Anzlo (5 morning, pre-heat miles)
    Jlynne (5.97 walk/run morning miles in 71° temps and dew point at 65)
    Marj (15 mile morning bike ride along the Charles with 15 min reading break)
    Henrun (rest day short walks)
    Holly (5.4 predawn miles in nice 72° temps)
    C-R (6.2 EZ lunchtime miles)
    Mike (8.1 tack miles, including 5X1000 w/400 recoveries)
    Surly Bill (7.2 miles at 8:04 pace)
    Steve (2 miles with Tag + ice cream)

I’m very sorry for all of you who have older dad issues to deal with now. Regardless of how much you love your dads, it’s never easy.

Fatozzig - I don’t know, and I like your new anthem.

Dave, your trip routing made me dizzy…

Sounds like a great vacation spot, Bioguy.

Wishing for helpful results from your MRI, Twocat.

Spunky, isn’t it great when a pair of shoes can make that much of a positive difference?

Marj - did you see Pat Metheny at Prescott Park on Sunday night? We saw him about 2 years ago (also in Portsmouth), and he put on a great show.

Congrats to your DD on getting accepted to her college program, C-R.

I hope your dad’s doing better today, Mike.

Seems your HR person makes quite a few mistakes, Steve. Good thing you don’t let her get away with it when it comes to your time/pay.

7.1 RW miles at 4 this morning. It was 75° and very muggy, and I started out with too much leg fatigue from yesterday making for a hard, sloggy, sproinkless workout. I could'a stayed in my post workout/stretching shower for another half hour...

Have a greta Tuesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.   I appreciate the supportiveness of this group.  Life isn't easy....

Home again.  Hot as blazes (but it is in PA, too).   3.1 miles and now to catch up on work.  I had to do a fair amount while I was up in PA - that's the nature of my job and that's OK.  I had a few fires to put out and yesterday was a stream of "issues" while I was trying to travel back down to Philadelphia and then home.  I managed.

2 treadmill miles after work.  I got un-used to the treadmill with 6 days away from it.  Wasn't easy and the basement is warm

Have a greta Tuesday.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

mrrun

Jay - we didn't stay for the Pat Matheny concert because it started at 7 and it would have meant staying overnight somewhere as I don't like long drives in the dark.  We ended up stopping at DD's for a few minutes, but still hit the triple whammy of traffic - Sunday evening, Red Sox game and bridge construction.

back from yoga and off for a power walk.

KSA - my last few years of working I had Mondays off (worked Tues-Fri).  I loved it because the w/e fires were resolved by Tuesday when I came in.

have a great day everyone!

marj

Good morning folks. It sounds like we're all dealing with the same kind of weather. Sorry for your sproinkless workout this morning Jay. Tomorrow is another day. I hope you have a big fire extinguisher KSA   A triple whammy of traffic where you live must be really bad Marj!

Hugs to you guys Mike and Steve. Dealing with aging parent issues can some times be pretty challenging. I always wonder when I forget where my car keys are, where I set my phone down, what was all in that recipe I used to know by memory, if these are normal aging issues or signs of things to come. I can see some of these signs in my DH who is 7 years older than I am. His dad developed dementia (and probably had Alzheimer's but never diagnosed) in his late 70's. I just pray that the two of us can get through these years supporting each other and taking what comes with grace and humor.

72° and 61% dew point at 5:00 am. Not wanting to deal with the weather this morning, I jumped in my car to go to the Y. Oops. A half block from home my "check tire pressure gauge" light came on. <sigh> Something else to deal with today. I hopped on my bike and did a 10 mile ride instead.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Dave59

Woke up with a tight lower back. Loosened it up as best I could and headed out to run. Dropped my keys while standing next to the car, and defying the laws of physics, instead of falling straight down they landed 3 feet in front of me, under the car and behind the front driver's side tire.

Determined not to let the universe conspire against me, I crawled around on the garage floor, retrieved the keys, drove to the park and ran 3.03 miles.

Working full days for 5 straight days is going to be rough. For a while today I was thinking it was Wednesday, but it is only Tuesday. I didn't work a full week during July.

pfriese

Travel/rest day for me yesterday made for a refreshing run today. Interval training today; 1.5 mile warm up, 4x1200m intervals w 400m recovery, 2 mile cool down. Total of 7.4 mile for the day.

Paul

anneb

KSA's post reminds of the days when you actually DIDN'T have your work email attached to you everywhere you went. I'm on the younger side of masters, but I do remember going to work and leaving for the day and that was it. Somebody covered you when you went on vacation. No Blackberry (later iPhone), no VPN's, no one called you on your cell phone when you're on 'vacation'... those were the days  These days, if I'm not doing my job, the work just sits there waiting for me...

But I digress. Ran 5.4 miles in the forest preserve before work. The temp and dew point were the same (69)! Doesn't that mean it's supposed to be raining? There was some fog in places...

Anne

Henrun

Some of us worked way before the internet and we’re on call via pagers. I’m not sure I would call that “the good old days “.

3.2 muggy slow miles early this morning.

I, strangely, don't mind the 24 hour on-call situation I seem to have unless I get behind, then I feel very stressed.  If I can put out the fires and keep up, I'm good.  I would rather do that than return to hundreds of emails and meeting requests.   We are a retail company in growth mode and since it's 49 states and 28000 employees, shit happens.....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Everyone knows when I go on vacation - Don't even try to contact me.  If I was dead or in a coma, you'd have to figure out, so figure it out.

I also, thankfully, am not attached to my cell phone at the hip.  It rarely ever rings, and when it does, half the time I can't get the "swipe" to work to answer it.

Yesterday, "Living on a Prayer" played on Pandora.  We may have a double anthem for the office.

This morning I mostly ran 3 miles.  The biggest irritant at this point is the nerve/bursa (or whatever it is) issue.  Running bothers it more than ST.  Go figure.

CA is still burning up.  The Mendocino Complex fire is now at over 427 square miles - larger than San Francisco, San Jose, and Sacramento put together - and is officially the largest in CA recorded history.  The Carr Fire is 41% contained and at over 164,000 acres.  Most of the west to mid-west is burning up at the moment, or so it seems.   Because it's so hot inland, it's gloomy and overcast and icky here most of the time, but no complaints.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Somebody covered you when you went on vacation.

Wait - that's really a thing?

Dave - I can't imagine driving that much in that short of time - wow!

(((Steve))) and (((Mike))) and (((anyone else that needs one))).

I just felt exhausted on my run today.  I have blamed my fatigue lately on drinking too much, but it it still there even though I haven't had a drink since last Wednesday.  I am trying to get lots of sleep (or at least rest) , eating carefully, taking vitamins, etc.  I had some bloodwork recently to check hormone levels - maybe there is an answer there.  I see the doctor tomorrow.

4.6 miles for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Fly-by post.  20 on the bike this morning. For some reason, 100% humidity doesn't all feel the same. Today was worse than usual.

Hang in there, folks.

Be safe. Be kind.

Quickadder

5.2 early morning miles with DD. Usual hot & steamy conditions, but lots of lightning visible many miles to our south and getting closer towards the end of the run.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

mrrun

3 power-less miles walking - it was nasty.  but ran into someone i worked with around 8 years ago, so caught up with him for about 15 minutes.  he owns a used tesla and loves it.  we saw one parked on the street and it was awesome (not his)

I took a vow of poverty and became self employed. Setting my own schedule and not answering to anyone, or having to be fake-nice to superiors, more than makes up for not being filthy rich.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying