Masters Running

3.9.13 Saturday's Daily (Read 49 times)

TammyinGP

yeah, i decided not to run the Shamrock race today. I wanted to run 17 today and even though I do like incorporating a race into my long runs when possible, I didn't get my registration in on time for the lower price and then I just didn't feel like paying a high fee, driving 35 miles to get in my long run.

Tammy

It was a good LR, Tammy.  How about that last split!

I went to yoga this morning, and this afternoon we went to see The Hobbit at the dollar theatre, then came back and watched The Fellowship of the Ring on DVD.  DS & I have watched it together so many times but it was DW's first time.

I checked the Swamp and I'm still ahead of the pace bunny, even though I didn't run.  I love it when that happens!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

I'm with Tammy on DST.  I get tired of coming home in the dark.

Anyone know why I have such a hard time uploading my Garmin to RA?  Used to be to Garmin Connect, too, but it actually worked there the last two weeks.

Mike - I don't think you should feel guilty at all!  Maybe Engelbert will be out running, too. Wink

My last LR with Karen this morning.  10 miles at the McKay.  It went by so fast.  Too fast.  Then to her house where we spent about 5 hours packing up her kitchen, then dinner.  She'll be living with her folks for awhile and putting all her stuff in storage, so I came home with a bunch of her food stuffs that she doesn't want to pay to ship and then store.  Sweet!

It was a fun, but sad, but good day. Undecided

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

No run today, but cross training included shoveling, in addition to burpees.    DH is away, so I got to plow!   Have I ever mentioned that I love plowing?  We have a BIG dump truck, which makes it really fun.  But not so good for the trees -- I scraped the bark off of some aspen trees with the plow blade when I was backing up...  ooops....

I finally figured out how to set the self timer on my camera.  That's Ladybug and Tazzie in the picture with me!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

arf

MM #405

That is an Awesome photo Wild!

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - greta photo!

Gordon - your DD is a great singer!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

New skirt in town

I'd love plowing, too, if I had a bad ass truck like that!  I LOVE that photo!

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

there should be a movie about that.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)