Masters Running

Boston Marathon Weekend no running but a PB (Read 310 times)

nowor

After living in Boston area for 40 years marathon weekend is my favorite time of year. This year was a PB because 1. Sat DH and I picked up waY5yom (Tim), his DW and DD and took them to Rockport for a little sight seeing and visiting. Third year in a row we've had the pleasure of Tim and Georgia's company. His DW refers to me as "the woman Tim picked up on the internet!" He is a fast one. 2. Sun watched the Olympic Trials from a curbside spot in Cambridge. Just fantastic. 3. As the Trials ended my first grandchild was born just down the river. Held her an hour later. Beautiful. Try to post pic later. 4. Monday-limited time but watched the elites go up Heartbreak. Thin crowd. Sent good vibes out to all the runners, especially the former Boomers. Droves of spectators were arriving as I left. Some to cheer on friends but most to cheer on and thank YOU who run w/ passion, dedication, and joy and make the weekend so special. Next year I hope to stay longer on the course and meet more of you Running Stars. Thanks for your RRs. Us spectator addicts would pay to read them!
      Thanks for your RRs. Us spectator addicts would pay to read them!
      Shhhh.......Some of them might try charging us. Tight lipped Congratulations on the new grandbaby. That is neat for sure.
      Vista
      evanflein

What a wonderful weekend you had! Hard to think of topping this one... how often do you get a new grandbaby and marathon trials on the same weekend and close to home?? Thanks for posting this...

Head Procrastinator

Congrats on the new grandchild nowor!! Hope to see you at the next year's festivities. Barb
          ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

does her name start with a "d" by any chance? Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

nowor

does her name start with a "d" by any chance? Smile
              Nope. Salima
              btb1490

nowor! Congratulations! I was wondering how things went for you that weekend! Very well I see! Please let's make it a point to get together next time!
                  You sure had a special weekend, nowor. Congrats on the new grandkid. TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Congratulations on your new grandchild! Sounds like a stellar weekend to me..... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Yes, I'm thinking grandkids (and especially the first) are a special blessing! I've met wa5yom once...my DW was with me....but now me thinks to keep a closer eye on him. Wink Thanks for showing Tim and his DW around...that's some real hospitality. Are you sure your not from OK? Big grin
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                      huskydon

Congratulations on your first grandchild!! Must be quite a thrill. So great that you could take in part of the race too. huskydon

King of PhotoShop

Great to hear from you Nowor, the famous lady who spurred me on in '02 Boston! Congrats on the new addition to the family. Thanks for staying in touch with us. Spareribs
                          arf

MM #405

What a special weekend! Congrats on your beautiful new grandchild!
                              Congrats on the grand child and on supporting boomers and other runners. Big grin Clowning around Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

mrrun

Sue - Congrats on the new grandchild - where's the pic? There's only one thing better than a new grandchild - more of them - Enjoy! Marj